Black Friday. A mess in person, but thanks to the explosion of e-commerce, you can hunker down at home while avoiding the crush of humanity at all the brick & mortar stores. Cyber Monday? Still also worth paying attention to, but many brands and retailers have outstanding discounts being offered online today. There’s been even more Black Friday “creep” this year, with some of these deals launching pre-Thanksgiving, but Friday is still the day when the push is made. Here’s some of the best style-centric deals for men running today. Picks are scattered about when something was too good not to specifically mention.
- Nordstrom Wool Blend Peacoat – $106.66 ($199)
- Barbour Tinford Regular Fit Quilted Jacket – $114.32 ($179)
- Nordstrom Wool Blend Car Coat – $127.92 ($329)
- Weiss Watch Co. Mechanical Field Watch in Natural/Latte or Black/Latte – $516 ($1290)
- Timex Waterbury United Leather Strap 38mm Watch – $47.98 ($120)
- Timex Acadia NATO Strap 40mm Watch – $29.99 ($75)
- Timex Scout 43mm Chronograph Canvas Strap Watch – $59.98 ($150)
- Todd Snyder Merino Waffle Knit Wool Sweater – $90.24 ($188)
- Vince Camuto Melton Car Coat with Removable Bib – $126.72 ($198)
- 7 Diamonds Tristan Mixed Media Jacket – $79.86 ($149)
Second year in a row that Nordstrom is actually doing something specific and quantifiable for Black Friday. No code or anything needed. The extra % off is reflected in the prices on their site. And as always, since it’s Nordstrom, everything ships and returns for free. Big fan of the lay out on that Nordy peacoat. Chest high hand pockets + an extra bit of length to the tail = what most of us are after. Meanwhile, those Weiss watches (which are assembled here in the USA from Swiss components) are one hell of a deal, if you’re into collecting mechanicals and don’t balk at that kind of price.
J.C.F.: 50-60% off your purchase + Extra 50% off clearance w/ FRIYAY + Extra 20% off $100+ w/ GIFTFACTORY
- Thompson Fit Unconstructed Flex Chino Sportcoat – $84
- Thompon Fit Wool Blend Plaid Sportcoat – $91.20 w/ GIFTFACTORY
- SLIM Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $34.75 multiple colors
- Navy Moleskin Blazer – $74.50
- Cotton Seedstitch Cardigan Sweater – $44.75
- Merino Wool Cardigan – $37.75 a few colors
- Quilted Nylon Jacket – $69
Got all that? If you head into double digits, don’t forget to use the GIFTFACTORY code. That’ll take an extra 20% off on top of the 50% – 60% off that they’re running on their site. Meanwhile, that Unconstructed flex chino sportcoat? It’s a winner. Full review of that can be found here.
- Italian Melton Wool-Blend Car Coat – $189 ($378)
- Heritage Extra Fine Merino Blend Honeycomb Shawl Cardigan – $84 ($168)
- Slim Dark Rinse Japanese Traveler Jean – $59 ($118)
- Rapid Movement Jeans in Slim or Straight Fit – $59 ($118)
- Goodyear Welted Made in Spain Brogues – $175 ($350)
- Waffle-Knit Crew – $49.25 ($98.50)
No code needed here. But? If you’re a card member? You should be able to knock an extra 10% off at checkout with the code BRCARD. Only limitation is that it has to be regular price (no 3rd party either if I’m not mistaken). More picks here if you want em’.
- Allen Edmonds Liverpool Chelsea Boots – $289.25 ($445)
- Red Wing Beckman Boot in Dark Cherry or Light Brown – $245 ($350)
At post time, this is working on almost all 3rd party goods. Looks like Birkenstock, Viberg, Woolrich, & Zespa are the only exclusions? That is very, very kind of Club Monaco to do. Under $300 for those new AE Chelsea “Liverpool” boots is gonna be very, very tough to beat. Full review of those can be found here.
- Invicta 8926OB Pro Diver Stainless Steel Automatic – $55.29
- Citizen Nighthawk – $199
- Seiko SSC569 Solar Chrono – $183.75
- “Buttoned Down” Amazon House Label Dress Shirts – $27.30 ($39) review here
- Citizen Field Chrono – $100.30
There’s no specific % off this year, but of the select items, there does seem to be a trend of serious discounts. For example, that Invicta diver usually runs in the $80 range. That retro looking Seiko? More like the mid $200s. Big thanks to Justin B. for the tip!
- Legacy Blazer in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $210 ($350)
- Shawl-collar Workwear Jacket in English Wool – $196.80 ($328)
- Wool/Cotton Henley – $47.70 ($79.50)
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Boots – $148.80 ($248) multiple styles
- Goodyear Welted Ludlow Shoes – $178.80 – $190.80 ($298 – $318) multiple styles
In case you missed it the other day. One of the best sales J. Crew has run in recent memory. Even most of their suits are getting the 40% off cut. Works on sale items too. Full picks can be found here. Shown above is the Legacy blazer, as well as the uconstructured workwear blazer in “dark pine” (which, the camera seems to think leans more charcoal, but it really is a dark green in person). Also, if you’re a student or a teacher? You can stack their student/teacher 15% off discount on top of the above. Big thanks to Vince B. for that tip!
L.E.: 50% off Everything (sale too…) w/ FRIDAY & 2565
- Wool Blend Jogger Sleep Pants – $39.99 ($99.95) they’re back
- Herringbone Wool Topcoat – $59.98 ($249)
- Blocked 600 Down Vest – $39.99 ($119)
- Buffalo Check Duffel Bag – $64.50 ($149)
Picks above are limited to items that are already on sale. Why? Because Lands’ End almost always excludes sale items from their 50% off deals. And that’s not the case here. Want some newer, less clearance-y stuff to check out? Head here. And remember, you’re not limited to one item this go round.
- Textured Filled Bomber Jacket – $84 ($168)
- Slim Photographer Double Knit Blazer – $99 ($198)
- Express Tech Polos – $19.95 ($39.90)
- Leather Chelsea Boot – $74 ($148)
- Leather Chukka Boot – $69 ($138)
- Merino Wool Blend Performance Crew Neck Sweater – $34.95 ($69.90)
- Color Blocked Zip Sweater – $44 ($88)
- Long Sleeve Polo Sweater – $29.95 ($59.90)
Well that’s awfully kind. Half off and free shipping? Express doesn’t appeal to everyone, but they do make some more toned down/less flashy designs. Plus… can’t think of a place I’d rather not be in the world of retail than an EXPRESS store in a mall on Black Friday. Enough to drive you batty.
- Premium Quality Merino Wool Polo Shirt – $34.99 ($49.99)
- Premium Quality Suede Sneakers – $41.99 ($59.99)
- Premium Quality Suede Derby Shoes – $27.99 ($69.99)
Not everyone likes H&M, despite their (and the rest of “fast fashion”) to disrupt the entire industry. So, a bit of a tip. Stick to the “premium quality” labeled stuff. It’s almost always better made, and you can find some real deals lurking in that line.
- Signature Slim Fit Sherpa-Lined Wool-Blend Jacket in Plaid or Charcoal Heather – $171.75 ($229)
- Signature Shetland Wool Matinicus Rock Cardigan – $104.25 ($139)
- Signature Slim Fit Lined Wool-Blend Shirt Jacket – $119.25 ($159)
- Made in the USA Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots – $186.75 ($249)
- Made in Maine Original L.L.Bean Boot in Tan or Dark Ash/Brick Red – $96.75 ($125)
Works on Bean boots too. Not limited to just clothing and outerwear like their deal from yesterday.
As good as it gets for Ledbury, and their outstanding collection of shirts. Of course they do more than shirts, but it’s their fine twill dress shirts, with that perfectly placed, slightly lowered 2nd button, that many of us drool over. And they’re extremely hard to find on discount. So this? This is the time to nab one (or, more) if you’re interested and your budget allows. Looks like THANKFUL35 runs through Friday. TURKEY35 should work too. If you’re late to the party, GRAVY30 will be good for 30% off Saturday, and LEFTOVERS25 for 25% off Sunday.
- Wool Blend Windowpane Slim Fit Pants – $35.97 ($79.95)
- Wool Blend Slim Fit Blackwatch Pants (stretch) – $35.97 ($79.95)
- 4-way Stretch (traveler like?) Slim Fit Jeans – $31.47 ($69.95)
- Basic Leather Belt in Brown or Black – $17.97 ($39.95)
- Gap + Clarks Bushacre Boots – $49.50 ($110.00)
- 50% Merino Wool, 50% Nylon Rugby Stripe Crewneck Sweater- $26.97 ($59.95)
- Suede Shirt Jacket – $165.60 ($368)
- Resin Rinse Slim Fit Jeans (stretch) – $31.97 ($69.95)
- Stretch Cords in Slim or Straight Fit – $26.97 ($59.95)
- Belstaff Trialmaster Jacket – $357.75 ($795)
Excellent. Half off but they’re also offering an extra 10% off that half off price cherry on top with the JUST4YOU code. Looks like this one is set to expire on Saturday? Big thanks to Brandon D. for pointing out that their Belstaff jackets ARE getting this cut. Still super spendy, but… boy I still can’t believe GAP is carrying Belstaff. Interesting collaboration there.
Same deal as was mentioned in the Tripod the other day. There’s a couple models in this small-ish selection that are absolutely worth a look if you’re wanting to save serious cash. 1st quality, very much made in Port Washington Wisconsin, and Goodyear welted. Not bad for just under two bills.
- 2nds Quality Daltons – $249 ($299) also available with a dainite rubber sole
- 2nds Quality Higgins Mill Boot – $199 ($249)
We interrupt this otherwise pretty nifty and positive Black Friday round up with some weird/unfortunate retail news: The Shoebank has jacked their restocking fee on returned Factory 2nds up to $25. It was just ten bucks. Not great Bob (or, is it Maclom?) . So yeah. That stinks. Are they trying to wreck the strides they’ve made in e-commerce when it comes to their factory 2nds? That’s a hell of a gamble, twenty five bucks. Sure, many of us have received shoes that look 99% awesome. But some show up and they just aren’t acceptable. So, tread carefully.
- Filson Original Briefcase – $260 ($325)
- Billy Reid Wool Peak Lapel Pea Coat – $521.25 ($695)
- Loake Mitchum Suede Chelseas – $224 ($280)
- Loake Suede Kempton Chukka – $240 ($300)
“More” ?? You want More Bro-tein Shake? Teddy Brosevelt? Anyway… this is much better than last year’s Black Friday offer from East Dane. That first tier was just 15% off last year. Nice to see it jump a bit. And East Dane continues to be one of the rare places to get a Filson original brief on discount. Meanwhile, $224 for those Loake chelseas is quite a nice price. Full review of them can be found here. More of a chukka type? Head here for a review of the Loake Kempton, which is also on sale.
- Armogan Le Mans Chronograph – $186.98 ($220)
- Huckberry x Chippewa 6″ Service Boot in Leather or Suede – $224.98 ($280)
Deals are separated into apparel and gear, plus specific brands are also getting some decent cuts. Full review of that Le Mans Chrono can be found here, and the exclusive to Huckberry Chips can be found here.
- Nighttime Wallet – $46.50 ($62)
- Archslim Wallet- $70.50 ($94)
- Button Stud Timex Chrono – $96 ($128)
- Velius iPad Case – $73.50 – $81 ($98-108)
- Field Rep Wallet – $81 ($108)
Fine. Leather. Goods. Treat yo self! Form Function Form balances, beautifully, the luxury of high quality leather with rugged construction and the value that comes with being made by hand here in the USA. For those who like to stay organized, carry business cards at all times, and also take a note or two on the go, check out the brand new Field Rep Wallet. Discount is good through Monday, the 28th.
A heads up. If past is prologue, then know in years past Bonobos has had their best deal/deals on Cyber Monday. They are, after-all, a mostly web based business. So unless you’re spooked about something selling out, or, you don’t want to risk it? Then you might want to sit tight.
Got a watch that’s in need of a refresh? One of the easiest ways to make an old watch look new is to go with a new strap. Crown and Buckle is offering 40% off their core collection, and 20% off their fancy pants stuff through 10am on Tuesday. Domestic shipping is free too.
Not the most tongue wagging deal of the day, but will certainly appeal to some. If you’re a fan of the Brooks Brothers non iron dress shirt lineup, then now’s not a bad time to stock up. But, it’s gotta be from their selection of shirts.
The Pick: Orient Polaris GMT Automatic – $287.50 ($575)
Remember, even at 50% off, not all of Orient’s Models can be had for their cheapest price direct through Orient. But the Polaris? That’s going for the mid $300s through 3rd parties. So under $290 is about as good as it’s gonna get. And it’s one hell of a wristwatch. Code won’t work on the Mako USA II.
Not a bad time to pick up something other than shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. I know the above coat gets lots of play here on this site, but it really is something. Also worth a look would be their Goodyear welted shoes. Starting at $199 for the “imported” models (see a review here), and much spendier if you get the made in the UK shoes.
Also Worth a Mention:
- The Tie Bar: Free socks with purchase of at least $40. Promo Code FESTIVE, free standard US shipping at $30
- Todd Snyder: 30% off Todd Snyder and Todd Snyder + Champion collections w/ HOLIDAY30
- Timex: 25% off Sitewide + Free Shipping w/ BLACKFRIDAY25 (some exclusions may apply)
- DSW: 20% off everything (some brand exclusions may apply)
- Old Navy: 50% off everything
- END Clothing: 20% off w/ BLACKFRIDAY (some exclusions apply)
Note: This post will be updated as more sales come down the pike. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those into email@example.com