NOTE: We’ll be updating as more sales roll in/deals change. So check back. Black Friday. A mess in person, but thanks to the explosion of e-commerce, you can hunker down at home while avoiding the crush of humanity at all the brick & mortar stores. Cyber Monday? Still also worth paying attention to, and we’ll have a post for that coming up next week. There’s been even more Black Friday “creep” this year, with MANY of these deals launching pre-Thanksgiving (and thus, why this is getting an early launch). Picks are scattered about when something was too good not to specifically mention. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ludlow Blazer in Herringbone English Tweed – $149 ($298) review here
- Ludlow Shawl-Collar Velvet Blazer – $149 ($298)
- Legacy Blazer in American Wool in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $175 ($350)
- Kenton Leather Cap-Toe Boots – $124 ($248)
- Windowpane Cashmere Scarf – $49 ($98)
- Cashmere Seedstitch Beanie – $39.75 ($79.50)
- Oar Stripe Goodyear Welted Chelsea Boots in Italian Leather – $149 ($298)
- Kenton Leather Pacer Boots – $124 ($248)
- Abingdon Weekender Bag – $136.80 ($228)
- Dock Peacoat with Thinsulate – $149 ($298)
- Oar Stripe Italian leather derbys – $149 ($298)
- Oar Stripe Canvas Weekender Bag – $124 ($248)
About as good as it has gotten for J. Crew in a good long while. A few new picks above. One of the best sales J. Crew has run in recent memory. Even many of their suits are getting the 50% off cut. Works on sale items too. If you bought something at 40% off over the last few days and you want to try and get a price adjustment? Try calling or chatting with their customer service reps. Usually they’ll do that for you if it’s close enough to when you actually made the purchase. Code now runs clear through Sunday 11/25.
- Brushed Traveler Pants in Slim or Athletic Tapered – $54.50 ($109)
- Italian Melton Wool-Blend Car Coat – $189 ($378)
- Slim Italian Wool-Blend Motion-Stretch Blazer – $149 ($298)
- Italian Merino Wool Shawl-Collar Sweater – $49.25 ($98.50)
- Herne Suede Longwing – $79 ($158) review here
- Rapid Movement Jean – $59 ($118)
- Leather 15″ Laptop Sleeve – $44.75 ($89.50)
- Wool-Blend Snap Glove – $44.75 ($89.50)
- Reversible Cashmere Scarf – $89 ($178)
- Kevin Love DB Topcoat – $199 ($398) | Single Breasted Topcoat – $189 ($378)
- Slim Italian Velvet Blazer – $149 ($298)
No code needed here. But? If you’re a card member? You should be able to knock an extra 10% off at checkout with the code BRCARD. Only limitation is that it has to be regular price (no 3rd party either if I’m not mistaken). More picks here if you want em’.
- Camel Wool/Cashmere Overcoat – $398.40 ($498)
- Brushed Italian Wool Sportcoat – $262.40 ($328)
- Super 130s Bright Navy Suit – $318.40 ($398)
- Medallion Toe Oxfords – $238.40 ($298) review here
- Other Made in Portugal Goodyear Welted Shoes – $198.40 – $238.40 ($248 – $298)
Wait, everything? Just about. Only exclusions are MTM suits, which are in store only, and they’re offering a 10% off discount on those. So that means their new Goodyear Welted shoes are on sale. Hot damn. Big thanks to Simon Q. for the tip!
- John W. Nordstrom Wool & Cashmere Overcoat – $358.98 ($599)
- 1901 Trim Fit Solid Dress Shirt – $27.80 ($69.50)
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Non-Iron Gingham Dress Shirt – $19.80 ($49.50)
- Nordstrom Cashmere Knit Cap – $46.56 ($69.50)
- Nordstrom Cashmere Scarf – $66.66 ($99.50)
- Nordstrom Leather Driving Gloves – $59.96 ($89.50)
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Wool Blend Peacoat – $199.90 ($349)
- Made in Italy TBNY Koning Double Buckle Monk Shoe – $229.90 ($395)
- John W. Nordstrom Made in Italy Double Monk – $119.90 ($185)
And it all ships and returns for free, being that it’s Nordstrom. Lots of the same stuff that was in the previous fall sale, but some new items in there as well. Pretty solid price cuts on cold weather stuff like (nice looking!) coats, gloves, scarves, etc.
- McAllister Wingtip Oxford – $295 ($425)
- Carlyle Plain-toe Oxford – $295 ($425)
- Strand Cap-toe Oxford with Combination Tap Sole – $340 ($425)
- Cornwallis Dress Oxford – $340 ($425)
- Dalton Wingtip Dress Boots – $396 ($495)
Under $300 for wheelhouse, first quality heritage-collection AEs is not a bad deal at all. Just the Carlyle and McAllister getting that cut down to $295. But lots of other models from their still made in Port Washington collection are getting nice discounts for the big shopping weekend.
- Dark Green Wool Blend Trench Coat – $39.99 ($79.99)
- Shawl Collar Pullover Sweater – $15 ($29.99)
- Slim Straight Fit Selvedge Jeans – $30 ($39.99)
- Wool Blend Topcoat – $39.99 ($79.99)
Now’s a good time to get your Goodfellow & Co on. Good grief, (up to) half off their already super affordable Goodfellow line? Not EVERYTHING is getting the cut, but a lot is. Head here for a more complete rundown of what Target’s Goodfellow & Co is offering this season.
- Instant Pot Duo 6qt 7 in 1 Pressure Cooker – $69.95 + Free Target $10 Gift Card ($99.95)
- Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones – $89.99 ($199.99)
- Dyson V6 Motorhead Cordfree Vacuum – Iron/Fuchsia – $189.99 ($299.99)
- Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch – Dark Gray – $199.99 ($299.99)
Okay, not exactly our wheelhouse, but big thanks to Brandon D. for the tip on this. Of which he said: “This one is actually pretty good. Especially this Instant Pot, normally $100, now $70 AND they give you a $10 Target gift card. I have the Lux version (the most basic – the Duo is better), and it’s fantastic for cooking for up to 4 people. And if you don’t know what to cook, use that gift card to buy this book!” And as an owner of a cordless Dyson stick vacuum, I can say those things will change your life. Especially if you have pets. Who cares if it’s fuchsia. It’s $110 off. Also, those wireless beats just got a mention by the Blue Stones the other day. This one is more of a Dappered Space alert, but still. And don’t forget, everything is now getting fast and free two day shipping now, no sign up or membership required.
- Flight Bag – $466.65 ($549)
- Front Pocket Briefcase – $611.15 ($719)
- Waxed Canvas Front Pocket Gear Bag – $373.15 ($439)
- Slim Front Pocket Brief – $449.65 ($529)
As always, everything comes with a 100 year warranty since it’s Saddleback. Head here for the flight bag review, over here for the slim brief review, and this-a-way for the waxed canvas bag review. Sale runs through Cyber Monday.
- Stretch Chino Sportcoat – $53.70 ($89.50)
- Brushed Cotton Sportcoat – $59.40 ($99)
- Cardigan Sweater in Nordic Dot – $39.75 ($79.50)
- Shawl-Collar Sweater in Supersoft Wool Blend – $35.70 ($59.50)
- Reindeer Crewneck Sweater in Supersoft Wool Blend – $37.25 ($74.50)
Looks like there’s
hardly any exclusions to this code. UPDATE: Suiting is now excluded. Wasn’t on Wednesday, is now. Drat.
- Fine Gauge Cashmere Stripe Sweater – $94.50 ($189)
- Straight Fit Comfort First 5 Pocket Moleskin Pants – $34.97 ($69.95)
- Wool Top Coat – $174.50 ($349)
- Cashmere Lined Suede Leather Gloves – $39.97 ($79.95)
- Waxed Canvas Weekender Duffle Bag – $70 ($140)
- Fine Gauge Cashmere V-neck Sweater – $94.50 ($189)
Lands’ End is dependable. Not flashy. But good. Their cashmere is surprisingly nice. And those moleskin 5-pockets are something of a legend around these parts. Note that this code and pin is good for today and today only, but they’ll be rolling through MULTIPLE half off (full price) codes over the next few days.
- Flint and Tinder Ridge Shell – $148.00 ($228) three colors
- Original Chippewa Service Boot – Exclusive in Dakota Molasses – $234.98 ($279)
- Huckberry x Chippewa – 6″ Service Boot in Roughout Tan – $238 ($280)
- Danner Mountain 600 – $140 ($200)
- Buffalo Jackston Denver Leather Travel Duffel Bag – $299.98 ($400)
- Alsta Nautoscaph III – Exclusive in Black – $699.98 ($879)
- Woolrich Huckberry Exclusive – Camp Blanket in Navy w/ Red Stripe – $89.98 ($125)
As a recovering Scout, I absolutely love Huckberry. Well made gear with lots of outdoor uses but great looking all at the same time. And their select Black Friday deals are pretty sweet. Those Flint and Tinder shells? Made in the USA. Same with those Chippewa boots too of course. My go to hiking boots are Danner Mountain 600. Bought em’ from Huckberry at full price, and they’re worth it at full retail. So for sixty bucks off? That’s a deal. They’re waterproof, they breathe, and they walk the line between tough boot and athletic/comfortable footwear perfectly. They don’t look half bad either.
- White Fine Twill Dress Shirt – $10.50 ($145)
- Blue Fine Twill Mid Spread Dress Shirt – $101.50 ($145)
The discount has started to shrink. 30% off now, not 35% anymore. Yes, $100 is a lot for a dress shirt. But they really are incredible. Terrific fabrics, GREAT collars (and that lowered second button), and they’re quite durable. They make much, much more than just white and light blue shirts, so check out the full range, but you’d be in great company to stock a closet with a few of their white and light blue fine twills.
- Nighttime Wallet – $46.50 ($62)
- Archslim Wallet- $70.50 ($94)
- Button Stud Timex Chrono – $96 ($128)
- Velius iPad Case – $73.50 – $81 ($98-108)
- Field Rep Wallet – $81 ($108)
Fine. Leather. Goods. Treat yo self! Form Function Form balances, beautifully, the luxury of high quality leather with rugged construction and the value that comes with being made by hand here in the USA. For those who like to stay organized, carry business cards at all times, and also take a note or two on the go, check out the Field Rep Wallet. Discount is good through Cyber Monday, the 26th.
- GAP Wool Cable-Knit Pullover Sweater – $31.47 ($69.95)
- Moleskin Shirt Jacket – $35.97 ($79.95)
- Ribbed Stripe Shawl Cardigan Sweater – $35.97 ($79.95)
- Long Sleeve Classic T-Shirt in Waffle Knit – $13.47 ($29.95)
- Basic Leather Belt – $17.97 ($39.95)
- Wool Trapper Hat – $9 ($39.95)
- Soft Brushed Henley – $15.72 ($34.95)
Half off, no exclusions, PLUS they’re doing even bigger discounts with some of their online “doorbusters.” Like that wool blend trapper hat. How one busts a door on the internet, I’ll never know.
- Leonard Low Top Sneaker – $132 ($165)
- Baxter Baxter Wholecut Oxford – $188 ($235)
- Ellis Rubber Sole Chelsea Boot – $176 ($220)
- Leroy Plain-Toe Double Monk Strap – $180 ($225)
A rare bit of discounting from Jack Erwin. Everything is stitched and made in Portugal. Ships and returns for free too.
Hey there. That’s something. Looks like Orient has put their retail prices back to where they were before they did away with codes and promos? But here we have a promo, and a code. I understand nothing. BUT, I do know that under $300 for the Polaris and mid $200s for the Mako USA is pretty darn good. Big thanks to Alex K. for the tip!!
- The Made in the USA from UK Wool Cruiser Jacket – $268 ($448)
- The Made in Canada Wool Fleece Vest – $186 ($248)
- The Lined Deer Skin Roper Gloves – $96 ($128)
- The Made in France Wool Shearling Slippers – $71 ($95)
- The Bonded Canvas Gear Bag – $99 ($178)
Spendy stuff, but the quality is there. Warning… splurge territory ahead.
Was $49.90 – $79.90, now ten bucks off. Seems like UNIQLO is gonna slow roll their deals out this year?
- Wool/Cashmere DB Topcoats in Charcoal or Navy – $374.25 ($499)
- Navy Wool and Cashmere Epsom Overcoat – $374.25 ($499)
- Airforce Blue Puppytooth Weatherproof Wool Car Coat – $299.25 ($399)
- Made in the UK Double Monk Straps – $261.75 ($349)
- Dark Brown Suede Goodyear Welted Chukka Boots – $171.75 ($229)
- Brown Goodyear Welted Toe Cap Boots – $171.75 ($229)
- Blake Stitched Suede Wholecuts – $149.25 ($199)
25% off a full priced Charles Tyrwhitt shirt isn’t much. This we know. But CT does a LOT more than just shirts. And the free shipping is nice too, being that it all ships from the UK. Head here for a review on those suede wholecuts. UPDATE: Turns out that this deal stacks with their multi-buy shirt deal, so instead of four shirts for $200, it’s now four shirts for $150. Not bad at all! And thanks to Bryce L. for the tip!
- Made in the USA Basketweave Camel Sportcoat – $448.50 ($598)
- Champion Italian Wool Hoodie in Stripe – $171 ($228)
- Timex Beekman Watch – $118.50 ($158) review here
- Timex The Military Watch – $103.50 ($138)
- Italian wool rugby – $148.50 ($198)
- Made in the USA Burgundy Velvet Shawl Collar Dinner Jacket – $448.50 ($598)
Works on Todd Snyder, Todd Snyder+Champion, Corgi, New Balance, New Era, Timex and Vans. Excludes the Peanuts + Champion Collection and all other Third Party Brands. So there are exclusions lurking out there. And yes, it’s Todd Snyder, so things are pricey even with a discount.
- Jetsetter Stretch Italian Wool Blazer – $350 ($500)
- Jetsetter Stretch Italian Wool Blazer in Purple Plaid – $350 ($500)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $280 ($400) multiple colors
- The Waxed Cotton Jacket – $208.60 ($298)
- Wool Blend Cable Shawl Collar Cardigan – $173.60 ($248)
- The Italian Hybrid Peacoat – $348.60 ($498)
NOTE: Customer Service Ninjas are telling people that Cyber Monday will be 35% off sitewide. No thresholds. So unless you need something ASAP or you’re worried about something going out of stock, might be best to hold off.
So the threshold is pretty high, but it’s Bonobos. Everything is expensive. But 30% off is pretty rare for them. Code runs clear through Sunday.
Not the most tongue wagging deal of the day, but will certainly appeal to some. If you’re a fan of the Brooks Brothers non iron dress shirt lineup, then now’s not a bad time to stock up. But, it’s gotta be from their selection of shirts.
Also Worth a Mention:
- Old Navy: 50% off everything.
- Billy Reid: 20% off $250, 30% off $500, 40% off $1000+ but some exclusions apply.
- The Tie Bar: Free socks with purchase of at least $40. Promo Code NORTHPOLE
- Cole Haan: Take 50% off 400+ boots, grand styles, bags & outerwear. Plus 30% off everything else.
- East Dane: 15% off $200+, 20% off $500+, 25% off $800+ w/ MORE18
- DSW: 20% off everything w/ MADHOUSE (some brand exclusions may apply)
- Ebbets Field Flannels: 25% off w/ CYBER18
Note: This post will be updated as more sales come down the pike. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those into email@example.com