IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much for a handful. Enjoy the long weekend fellas. And not to nag,
but come Monday, we won’t be posting. On Monday, maybe consider spending some of that style budget on a donation to the USO, the EOD Warrior Foundation, Special Ops Warrior Fund, or another organization dedicated to helping our veterans. A huge thank you to all of you in the readership who have served or who are currently serving. Stay safe out there.
B.R.: 40% off NO BR MERCH EXCLUSIONS + Extra 10% off + Free 3-5 Day Ship on $100+ w/ BRSHIP
- Core Temp Chinos – $52.92 ($98)
- Core Temp BLAZER – $134.46 ($249)
- Slim Fly-Weight Traveler Pant – $52.92 ($98)
- Original Slim Traveler Pant – $53.10 ($98.50)
- Core Temp 9″ Slim Short – $37.53 ($69.50)
- Slim Italian Wool-Cotton Blazer – $214.92 ($398)
- Slim Linen-Cotton Blazer – $134.46 ($249)
- Nicklas Suede Sneaker – $69.12 ($128)
- Nicklas Leather Sneaker – $69.12 ($128)
Got all that? No BR Merch exclusions anymore, so Core Temp is IN. The upgraded shipping with BRSHIP is nice if you’re over $100. Cardmembers get an extra 10% off with BRCARD. More picks can be found here.
Allen Edmonds: Father’s Day Sale is Live
- McAllister Wingtip Oxford – $295 ($395)
- St. John’s Double Monk Strap – $295 ($395)
- Carlyle plain toe oxford – $295 ($395)
- Cornwallis Dress Oxford – $295 ($395)
- Nomad Chukka – $260 ($375)
- Cedar Shoe Valet – $55 ($70)
Not as “big” as their anniversary sale, but there’s more than a couple tempting models now under $300. And remember, these should be first quality shoes. So, free shipping and returns if you don’t like em’ upon arrival.
Spier & Mackay: $50 off Suits, $50 off Sportcoats, $30 off trousers
- Super 120s Wool “Core” Suits in Navy, Gray, Charcoal – $278 ($328)
- Patch Pocket Navy Hopsack Wool Blazer – $278 ($328)
- Warm Weather Sportcoats – $248 – $298 ($298 – $348)
Gotta be regular price stuff, can’t be on sale, but, that’s a steal. Half canvas, Super 120s wool suits for $280? Well done Spier and Mackay. No code needed here. Discount happens at checkout.
EXPRESS: 40% off Everything
- Piped Cotton/Spandex Performance Polo – $29.94 ($49.90)
- Solid Cotton/Spandex Performance Polo – $23.94 ($39.90)
- Nubuck Dress Shoes – $64.80 ($108)
- Chambray Trim Low Top Sneakers – $41.94 ($69.90)
- Perforated Suede Sneakers – $41.94 ($69.90)
- Slim Blue Floral Stretch Blazer – $88.80 ($148)
- Diamond Print Cotton/Spandex Performance Polo – $29.94 ($49.90)
- Slim Cookout Print Short Sleeve Shirt – $29.94 ($49.90)
This year, EXPRESS seems to have, oddly enough, more than a few pieces inspired by classic (if not straight up retro) menswear. Avoid the logos kids. Stick with the unbranded stuff, as shown in the picks above. Those piped performance polos are darn near perfect. More info over here in our annual polo palooza.
Huckberry: Select Weekend Deals + Additional 15% off Clearance
- Flint and Tinder Mill Jacket – $125.78 ($198)
- Armor-Lux Double Jagger Stripe Tee – $83.30 ($109)
- USA Made Huckberry x Chippewa – 6″ Service Boot in Suede – $166.58 or leather – $190.38 ($280) review here
- PROOF Field Jacket – $73.93 ($175) review here
- Made in Italy Astorflex Tan Leather Chukkas – $140.25 ($165)
- Made in Italy Astorflex Chukka in Stone – $126.98 ($150)
- Todd Snyder Timex Blackjack Watch – $84.15 ($138)
- Nodus Watches Automatic Contrail – $458.113 ($599)
- Huckberry All Weather Duckboot – $150.98 ($180) review here
- Flint and Tinder waxed trucker jackets – $130.88 – $158.93 ($220) review here
Holy clearance. Clearance items get an additional 15% off taken at checkout, and that section is stacked. Other deals throughout the site, but it’s the clearance section that’s the star here. All prices above should reflect what you pay at checkout. Not bad at all. Just a few picks above, but there’s a lot going on over at Huckberry through Monday.
Amazon: Ex Officio Briefs are Five bucks off – $15 ($20)
I know, I know. This ain’t anywhere as good as three for $20 – $25 at Costco, but that deal was exclusive to boxer briefs. With the lonnnng legs. That always, without fail, end up in fabric doughnuts, smashed into the craw of yours truly (and many others… there’s a feeling out there among some of us that boxer briefs/trunks are a total fraud since the legs never stay down. But that’s probably due to body type.) ANYWAY. Fifteen bucks for a pair of briefs seems a little steep. UNTIL YOU TRY THEM THEN YO LIFE CHANGES. Breathable. Wicking. Quick dry. Anti stink. Huzzah!
Bonobos: New Additions to sale + extra 30% off w/ SURPRISE
- Stretch Lightweight Chinos – $40.60 ($78) select colors
- The Denim Cargo Jacket – $68.60 ($128)
- Capstone Italian Wool Blazer – $168 FINAL ($600)
Honestly a bit, if you’ll allow it, surprised that their new “lightweight” chinos have already gone on pretty significant sale. Albeit in just a few shades. Extra 30% off drops those to $40ish. Full review on those coming soon.
Zappos: Select Item Long Weekend Sale
- Superga Canvas Sneakers – $51 ($65)
- adidas Tiro ’19 Pants – $35 ($45)
- Red Wing Heritage Work Chukka – $175 ($260)
- Red Wing Heritage Weekender Chukka – $190 ($230)
Zappos just doesn’t do sales, do they? I didn’t think they did. So this is a bit of a surprise. Big fan of Supergas. Perfect for summer. Classic. Timeless. Canvas uppers, nice rubber soles. The “Converse Chucks” of Italy (they’re not made in Italy, but the brand is favored by Italians,) if there can be such a thing.
Nordstrom: Half-Yearly Sale Starts… NOW
It’s on. From terrific in house stuff, to big name brands, Nordstrom does it right. Plus it all ships and returns for free. Full picks here. We did the scrolling so you don’t have to.
Nordstrom Rack: CLEAR THE RACKS: Extra 25% off Red Line Clearance
- Frye Gates Chelsea Boot – $71.24 ($258)
- Bally Latour Leather Derby – $224.24 ($495)
- Nordstrom Leather Driving Gloves – $26.23 ($89)
- Broletto Milano Leather Cap Toe Derby – $78.74 ($139.97)
- Cole Haan Saunders Leather Duffel Bag – $127.98 ($498)
- Loft 604 Colorblock Crew Neck Wool Sweater – $28.12 ($74.97)
It’s a big Clear the Racks event at Nordstrom Rack. Prices are as marked. Sadly, no free shipping (and returns are only free if you can walk em’ into a brick and mortar Rack location) but still, worth a mention if you’re a serious deal hunter. Big thanks to David B. for the tip!
UNIQLO: Free Shipping no Minimum + airism is a few bucks off
I know more than a few of you are huge fans of the UNIQLO airism line, so, this should be a welcome surprise. Free shipping no minimum, and what was $9.90 is now $7.90. Just in time for avoiding swamp-butt in swamp-butt season. Now that said, I personally don’t own/operate in these things. I’m an Ex Officio man myself. But every time I suggest ex-officio underwear, someone emails me and says that I should try out UNIQLO’s airism. They claim they’re basically the same thing, at a much cheaper price. This stuff, according to many a reader, is cool, dry, and super breathable. And their “mesh” line is even more breathable than their standard airism. So, keep that in mind.
Old Navy: 50% off all Tees, Tanks, Shorts & Swim
- Soft-Washed Jersey Henley – $7.50 ($14.99)
- Striped Soft-Washed Crew-Neck Tee for Men – $7.50 ($14.99)
- Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts – $15 ($29.99)
- Slim Built-In Flex Dry-Quick Ultimate Tech Shorts – $17.50 ($34.99)
It’s limited to tees and shorts and what not, but, half off at Old Navy can be a screamin’ deal since stuff is already so inexpensive. Just a reminder that since it already IS so inexpensive, it can sometimes be a touch hit or miss.
Ledbury: 30% off, sitewide, no code necessary
- White Fine Twill Mid Spread – $101.50 ($145)
- Blue Fine Twill Mid-Spread – $101.50 ($145)
- Blue Gingham Mid-Spread – $101.50 ($145)
- The light blue beckwith sport coat – $437.50 ($625)
30% off is about as good as it gets for Ledbury. A few exclusions like cufflinks and belts and what not, but if you’re after a shirt or three, this is great.
Charles Tyrwhitt: 25% off w/ MEMDAY25
- Slim Fit Navy Wool Perfect Blazer – $224.25 ($299)
- Slim Fit Light Blue Italian Wool Blazer – $299.25 ($399)
- Made in England Cap Toes – $171.75 ($349)
- Made in England Wingtips in Tan or Black – $171.75 ($349)
Charles Tyrwhitt makes a lot more than just shirts. And much of it is very, very nice. That light blue, Italian wool sportcoat? Totally unlined in the back. Yes please. Looks like this is working on stuff that’s already marked down too? Like those made in the UK shoes for one instance.
J. Crew Factory: 50% – 60% off just about everything (suiting INCLUDED)
- Thompson Fit Suit Jacket & Slim Pant in Worsted Wool – $218 ($299)
- Thompson Fit Suit Jacket & Slim Pant in Voyager Wool – $218 ($299)
- Thompson Fit unstructured blazer in flex chino – $84
- Cotton-linen crewneck sweater in stripe – $29.50
Yes, suits are included in this one too. Sportcoats and suits have been getting excluded a lot lately. So if you’ve had your eye on something in their Thompson Fit, now’s not a bad time to jump on it. Deal also applies to clearance, but you’ll need the code SUMMERSALE at checkout for the additional 50% off there.
Target: Select Goodfellow & Co Items on Sale (Tees, Shorts, etc)
- Goodfellow & Co Linden Flat Front Chino Shorts in 7″, 9″, or 10.5″ – $15 ($19.99)
- Goodfellow & Co Standard Fit Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt – $8 ($9.99)
- Goodfellow & Co Solid Standard Fit Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirt – $8 ($9.99)
- Goodfellow & Co Regular Fit Short Sleeve Henley Shirt – $10 ($12.99)
I mean, now’s about the time we look at those shorts we beat to death over the last few summers and think “time for you to hit the rag pile,” no? So good to see the already affordable gets even more affordable with this sale. Big fan of those short sleeve henleys.
Club Monaco: 25% off w/ SUMMERTIME
- Illesteva Leonard Sunglasses – $132.75 ($177)
- Leather Sneakers – $73.87 ($98.50)
- Linen Hoodie – $67.12 ($89.50)
- Allen Edmonds Liverpool Chelsea Boots – $371.25 ($495)
- Red Wing Weekender Chukkas – $172.49 ($229.99)
Looks like the exclusions are the same as they usually are: Just Birkenstock, Viberg, Woolrich, Zespa. So that means Allen Edmonds and some other third party brands are a go.
East Dane: Their Big Spring Sale is On
- Allen Edmonds Nomad Chukka Boots – $276.50 ($395)
- To Boot New York Mezzo Oxford Shoes – $245 ($350)
- Persol PO3206S Sunglasses – $192 ($320)
No extra codes or anything here, just a dump of inventory into their sale section. And being that East Dane is a kinda sorta Amazon project, it all ships fast and free. Especially fast if you have Prime.
GAP: 40% off + Extra 10% off w/ COOL
- 10″ Shorts in Linen-Cotton – $26.97 ($49.95)
- 10″ Vintage Shorts with GapFlex – $24.27 ($44.95)
- Wearlight Slim Jeans with GapFlex in Resolution Blue – $41.97 ($69.95)
- Stretch Web Belt – $16.17 ($29.95)
- Basic Leather Belt – $21.57 ($39.95)
- Stripe Webbing Belt – $16.17 ($29.95)
- Casual Classic Blazer in Stretch – $52.92 ($98)
- Short Sleeve Henley in Cotton-Linen – $18.87 ($34.95)
- Linen Khakis in Slim or Straight Fit – $41.97 ($69.95)
GAP’s spring/summer stuff is full of lightweight, light in color (but not Easter pastel) shorts, pants, henleys, and more. Don’t forget to use the code COOL at checkout for that extra 10% off the discounted price.
J. Crew: 40% off Select Full Price + 50% off Sale Items w/ WEEKEND
- Tech Shorts – $41.70 ($69.50)
- Oar Stripe Shortwing Derbys – $178.80 ($298)
- Oar Stripe Penny Loafers in Italian Suede – $148.80 ($248)
- Ludlow Semi-Brogue Oxfords – $178.80 ($298)
- Elastic Woven Belt in Stripe – $23.70 ($39.50)
- Airman Sunglasses – $35.70 ($59.50)
- Wallace & Barnes Garment-dyed Chore Blazer – $90 ($150)
Lots of exclusions. LOTS. Almost all suits and blazers are out. And I can’t believe we’re now in a place where the first thing I think of when a J. Crew sale rolls around is: “ooh, I hope their tech shorts and pants are on sale.” But, well, here we are. BTW, shorts are up for the promo, and pants are getting the cut now too.
Allen Edmonds: Factory 2nds Flash Sale
The Pick: Dalton Wingtip Boot 2nds – $199
Prices don’t seem to have moved that much from normal, except for Daltons under $200? Remember, these are factory 2nds. So, not first quality. A scratch or a nick or a ding or something should be evident. And if it’s too much for you to take upon arrival? That’ll be a steep twenty five dollar restocking fee to send them back through the mail or UPS or whatever. Ouch.
Brooks Brothers: Four Shirts for $199 (reg. $92 per)
It’s a great day if you’re a fan of Brooks Brothers and their Non-Iron dress shirts. Lots of fits, colors, styles, etc. And it’s NOT just clearance stuff. There’s wheelhouse whites and blues and stripes and checks in there too. Same deal applies to their sport shirts as well, if you’re looking for something more casual with a button down collar. Deals don’t expires until 5/28.
Saddleback: Dave’s 20th Anniversary Briefcase – $499
Not a sale, but Saddleback has launched a 20th anniversary edition of the “original” briefcase that started it all for their company. Just under half a grand. Limited run of these things.
Lands’ End: 40% off Full Price w/ STARS and PIN 1776
- Tailored Fit Linen Cotton Sport Coat – $89.40 ($149)
- Pattern Tailored Fit Comfort-First Year’rounder Suit Jacket – $149.40 ($249)
- Tailored Fit Half-Canvas Italian Wool Blazer – $179.40 ($299)
- Volley Swim Trunks in 8″ Print or Solid, or 6″ Print – $19.97 w/ STARS and 1776 ($39.95)
- Waxed Canvas Duffle Bag – $95.40 ($159)
- Traditional Fit Sophie Allport Bees Comfort First Oxford Shirt – $38.97 ($64.95)
- Slim Fit Stretch Wool Patterned Year’rounder Trousers – $65.40 ($109)
- Tailored Fit Comfort First Cotton Oxford Sport Coat & Matching Pant – $149.37 ($248.95)
- Lands’ End Tailored Fit Stretch Chino Suit and Pants – $149.37 ($169) seen here
Not as good as their “50% off 1 item” deals, but… you can buy more than one thing! Great for buying suit separates, and being able to get a decent discount on more than one item makes it much more likely for you to trip the free shipping threshold, now that they jacked that up from $50 to $75.
Allen Edmonds: Fifth Avenue, all colors, $299 ($395)
Not some big event like they’re Anniversary Sale, but, to be fair that just ended, and it was something else. Still made in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Still Goodyear Welted. And under $299 is NOT a bad price at all, for a do anything, first quality, cap toe oxford in your choice of calfskin. Ships and returns for free, and you even get free 2-day shipping since these are north of $250.
Also worth a mention:
- Need Supply Co: Up to 40% off Summer Sale.
- Cole Haan: Extra 40% off sale styles w/ EXTRA40
- Allen Edmonds Shoebank: They’re claiming long weekend savings, but… at post time I’m not seeing a lot there?
- Unionmade: 40% off sitewide (Alden and a few other exclusions) w/ WOW40. Big thanks to Aled J. for the tip!
- Gitman: 20% off $250+. No code necessary. Discount happens at checkout.
- Cool Material: Up to 45% off their shop.
- LL Bean: 20% off w/ SUMMER
- Todd Snyder: 15% off $200, 20% off $500, 30% off $800. No code necesscary, and this should stack with the one time use code you may have gotten in a paper snail-mail catalog. There are exceptions of course (Alden, Converse, Nike Hodinkee, Hamilton watches, and a few more.) Big thanks to Brandon D. for the tip!