This post will be updated over the next few days as more sales roll in. And just a reminder that come Memorial Day we won’t be posting. On Monday, maybe consider spending some of that style budget on a donation to the USO, the EOD Warrior Foundation, Special Ops Warrior Fund, or another organization dedicated to our veterans and their families. A huge thank you to all of you in the readership who have served, as well as those who are currently serving.
Banana Republic: 30% off w/ BRSUMMER
- Italian Nailhead Wool Signature Suit Jacket + Matching Trouser = $420 ($600)
- Slim Core Temp Chinos – $70 ($100)
- Suede Chukkas with crepe sole – $167.99 ($300)
- Suede Briefcase – $280 ($400)
- Made in Portugal Wingtips – $154 ($200) not well reviewed? can’t seem to find descriptions as to why? at least they aren’t final sale.
- Reversible Leather Belt – $52.50 ($75)
- Premium Poplin Dress Shirts – $63 ($90)
Biggest surprise has to be the inclusion of some of their leather goods and shoes. Some of those shoes are made in Portugal, and you’d think those would (maybe) be higher quality than their standard shoes. Meanwhile… Almost positive it’s the first time that suede briefcase has gotten any kind of discount. Know that if you’re a cardmember, the discount jumps to 40% off w/ the code BRCARDPERK as long as you use your GAP inc credit card as payment. Both codes BRCARDPERK and BRSUMMER are set to run through Monday.
Bonobos: 25% off w/ DIVEIN
- Unconstructed Italian Blazers in Summer Fabrics (100% linen or wool/cotton/silk) – $356.25 ($475)
- Solid Unconstructed Italian Hopsack Wool Blazers – $300 ($400) just as good if not better in the heat
- Riviera Swim Trunks – $66.75 ($89)
- Lightweight Chinos – $89.25 ($119)
- Stretch Riviera Short Sleeve Shirts – $63.75 ($85) no button down collars this year?
Exclusions apply as they always do: Excludes Icon Status styles of Original Stretch Washed Chinos, Stretch Washed Chinos 2.0, Stretch Weekday Warrior Dress Pants, and Jetsetter Stretch Wool Suits, plus all Empire Stretch Italian Wool Tuxedos. So yes, their flagship stretch chinos are excluded. Drat. BUT! If you’re looking to look extra sharp in the heat, their unconstructed, barely-there, airy Italian hopsack wool blazers are as good as it gets. Review here. Get one in, get it tailored, and wear it everywhere. Big thanks to Chris C. for the tip on the sale. 25% off select code DIVEIN is set to run through Monday.
Target: 20% off tops, shorts, and 30% off men’s swim
- All in Motion Jersey Performance Polo – $16 ($20)
- Goodfellow Short Sleeve Knit Button-Down Shirt – $18.39 ($22.99)
- Goodfellow T-Shirts – $6.40 ($8)
- Goodfellow 8″ Everday Pull-On Shorts – $19.99 ($24.99)
Those All in Motion Jersey Performance Polos are pretty great. Won this year’s Best in Show – Cheap Option for polopalooza. Already a bargain at twenty bucks, they’re a steal at $16. Size shown above is a medium on 5’10″/185.
adidas: 30% off select w/ SAVINGS
- Stan Smith Lux in White/Black – $101.50 ($145) review here
- Stan Smith (standard) – $70 ($100)
- Ultraboost 1.0 – $147 ($210)
- TERREX Free Hiker 2 GTX – $112.70 ($230)
This might be the first time the new-ish Stan Smith “Lux” has gone on sale. Or at least significantly on sale, since they’re 30% off with the code. Just the black and white versions though. Green accented Lux is still excluded. No need to log in to an account anymore. Code SAVINGS is now running for everyone, and looks like it’s good through Tuesday 5/30.
Huckberry: Long Weekend Sale is Live
- Flint & Tinder 9″ 365 Shorts in Light Gray – $62 ($78)
- Made in the USA Flint & Tinder Wool-Lined Waxed Trucker Jacket in Chocolate – $286 ($358)
- Flint & Tinder 9″ 365 Shorts in Earth – $62 ($78)
- Walden River Sunglasses in Matte Tortoise or Black – $49 ($99)
- Whiskey Peaks Denali Decanter – $45 ($65)
- Huckberry x Mystery Ranch Spiff Kit – $45 ($75)
- Naglev Combat Hikers – $238 ($298) review here… they run small and narrow and take time to break in. They look cool, but they make you work for the privilege of wearing them.
- Huckberry Palm Straw Sun Hat – $37 ($50)
- Made in the USA Nalgene Wide Mouth 32oz Water Bottle – $11 ($17)
Looks like (checks notes, because yes notes are made here at the Dappered Home Office HQ…) Huckberry has added more than a hundred items to their long weekend Summer kickoff sale. Free shipping kicks in at $98, but returns should be free across the board (unless it’s a rare final sale item.)
Grant Stone: Extra 15% off Sale w/ MEMORIAL23
- Plain Toe Dark Oak Roughout Bluchers – $231.20 ($340)
- Traveler Penny Storm Suede – $210.80 ($312)
- Diesel Boot Storm Suede – $231.20 ($340)
- Chukkas in Tan Suede – $236.30 ($328)
Those Chukkas. Charles F. Stead Calf Suede and everything. Picks above had at least a good size selection left at post time. There’s plenty more styles in the sale section getting that additional 15% off, but sizes are scattered depending on what model you’re after. Know that you can get one exchange for free in case you don’t get your size right on the first try. As long as you steer clear of the “last chance” and pre-owned sections, then you should be able to execute a return or exchange (depending on size availability) if your chosen pair doesn’t work out. Returns will set you back a $15 pre-paid shipping label. That’s shipping right now. It’s expensive. Especially for smaller businesses like Grant Stone.
J. Crew: 40% off select full & extra 60% off final sale w/ WEEKEND
- Baird McNutt Irish linen shirts in Slim, Classic, etc. – $58.80 ($98)
- Forrest sunglasses – $47.70 ($79.50)
- Perry Suglasses – $47.70 ($79.50)
- Stretch chino shorts in 7″, 9″ or 10.5″ inseam – $41.70 ($69.50)
- 6” stretch swim trunks in solid – $53.70 or print – $44.75 ($89.50)
- Made in Italy MacAlister Desert Boots – $94.80 ($158)
But you probably already knew that. Full picks here if you’d like them.
Old Navy: 50% off almost everything
- Rotation Chinos – 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex – $22.49 ($44.99)
- Ultimate Chinos – 61% Cotton / 37% Poly / 2% Spandex – $27.49 ($54.99)
- Ultimate Tech Chinos – 60% Cotton / 40% Poly – $27.49 ($54.99) shown above, size 32×30 on 5″10/185
- Performance Core Polo – $9.99 ($19.99) shown: Medium on 5’10″/185lbs
- Performance Beyond Pique Polo for Men – $14.99 ($29.99) shown: Medium on 5’10″/185lbs
Exclusions apply of course, but their trio of chino styles are all getting the cut. So what’s the different? Let’s break it down by fabric:
- Rotation Chinos = Most traditional feeling, stretch chino.
- Ultimate Chinos = Most popular style. A blend of cotton, poly, and spandex.
- Ultimate Tech = No spandex, still moves well, a little more substantial feeling with a soft brushed twill.
Got all that? And in regards to those polos, you can read reviews of them in this year’s polopalooza.
Billy Reid: 20% off $300, 30% off $600, 40% off $900
Made in Italy Bond Peacoat in Black ($798) +
Short Sleeve Henley ($118) =
$549.60 Total (normally $916 for both)
Because nothing says “unofficial start of summer” like getting a Bond Peacoat (in black no less) for a sizable discount. So what’s the deal with the henley? If you buy the henley ($118 regular price! Holy crap!) it’ll actually make the Bond Peacoat cheaper at checkout. Total for both pieces at 40% off = $549.60. If you get “just” the peacoat, it’ll cost you $558.60 total, since it’ll be 30% off instead of 40%. You’re still spending more than half a grand, but at least this way you can wear the henley between now and peacoat season. Try the coat on, of course. And try it on over a sweater or a suit jacket. The thing has to fit over winter layers.
Spier & Mackay: 15% – 20% off select items w/ MD20
- Blake Stitched, Made in China Cap Toes – $151.30 ($178) 15% off, full review here
- Goodyear Welted, Made in Portugal Cap Toes – $198.40 ($248) 15% off, full review here (from a few years back)
- Garment Dyed 100% Cotton Chinos – $31.99 ($65) already on sale and now an extra 20% off. lots of colors
- Garment Dyed 56% Linen & 44% Cotton chinos – $31.99 ($78) just sage, burgundy, and brown getting 20% off
It’s another seemingly odd selection of goods up for a code at Spier and Mackay. But! Both levels of their dress shoes are getting 15% off with the MD20 code (which is not to be confused with MD 20/20).
Allen Edmonds: Extra 25% off Sale AND Factory 2nds
- Fifth Avenue Cap-toe Oxford Dress Shoe – $224.25 ($395)
- Strandmok Cap-toe Oxford with Dainite Rubber Sole – $187.47 ($395)
- Factory Second Carlyle Plain-toe Oxfords – $224.25 ($299) $25 restocking fee on returns
- Factory Second Park Avenue w/ Dainite Sole Oxfords – $224.25 ($299) $25 restocking fee on returns
Prices are now as marked, online. Discounts have already been taken. No need to apply a code at checkout. It’s an extra 25% off regular sale items at the main Allen Edmonds site…. and it’s also an additional 25% off Factory 2nds over at the shoebank. BUT…
- Factory 2nds returns will set you back a steep $25 restocking fee. So be careful with anything tagged as such.
- They also appear to be mixing Factory 2nds into the main site’s sale section, which makes things all the more confusing.
Full details and a review of the Factory 2nds buying experience can be found in this post here.
Ledbury: 30% off $150
- MTO White Sutton Stretch Twill Mid Spread Collar Dress Shirt ($135) +
- MTO Light Blue Sanders Non-Iron Fine Twill Custom Shirt ($135)
= $192.50 Total / $96.25 per shirt
(normally $275 total / $135 per shirt)
Pretty much sitewide. No code needed, and 30% off orders of $150+. Should work on shorts, pants, sweaters, off the rack shirts, and more. When it comes to their Made to Order line, which are the two picks above, that collection allows you to pick a collar style, sleeve measurements down to the half inch, and to also choose from one of three different torso fits. Not cheap, but their fine twills with either a mid spread collar or hidden button down collar really are pretty close to perfect. Just know that the MTO stuff takes a few weeks to get to you.
Nordstrom: Half-Yearly Sale is underway
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Non-Iron Dress Shirt – $34.65 ($49.50)
- Rodd & Gunn Italian Stretch-Wool Ellesmere Blazer – $298.50 ($398)
- The North Face ThermoBall Eco Hooded Jacket – $149.50 ($230)
- Nordstrom Square Travel Watch Box – $12 ($20)
- Clarks Desert 2 Chukkas – $91 ($140)
Not (nearly) as good as their annual Anniversary Sale in July. Their Half-Yearly sales are more end-of-season sale/clearance than pre-season excitement builder like the Anniversary Sale. And it’s just a lot of stuff…. yet there’s not a ton in there at the same time. Sizes and selection can be scattered. It still all ships and returns for free.
BR FACTORY: 50% – 75% off everything + additional 25% off
- Unlined 71% cotton, 29% flax (linen) Suit Jacket & Matching Trouser = $183.75 ($294)
- 8″ chambray Deck Shorts – $20.62 ($33) four colors
- Athletic Fit Linen-Cotton Pants – $30 ($48) five colors
No code needed here. As long as the item isn’t excluded, that extra 25% off should happen at checkout. Obligatory reminder that this is BR’s step down “Factory” line, so the fit, finish, and materials won’t be quite as nice as mainline BR. But the styling is awfully similar.
Rhone up to 40% off select FINAL sale
- CLASSIC Fit Commuter Shirt in Blue Micro Grid – $103 FINAL ($128)
- CLASSIC Fit Commuter Shirt in Red White Dot – $103 FINAL ($128)
- Delta Pique Polo in Baked Clay – $62 FINAL ($88)
- Delta Pique Polo in Fair Green – $62 FINAL ($88)
All final sale. So that means no returns or exchanges. And since Rhone is so spendy, having experience is a must. You don’t want to get stuck with something that doesn’t fit. Mostly slightly off-the-wall colors. On sale commuter shirts seem to be almost entirely limited to the newer, more generous “classic” fit.
Taylor Stitch: 20% off just about everything
- The Sheffield Sport Coat – $238.40 ($298) reviews seem to say this fits truly slim
- The Short Sleeve California in pique – $78.40 ($98)
Taylor Stitch’s elevated classics are just that… elevated. Prices are elevated too, frankly. But the free shipping and free returns absolutely helps (unless it’s something from their “last call” section, then that’s final sale).
Brooks Brothers: additional 25% off Clearance
- Made in Italy Regent Fit Check 1818 Suit – $449.99 ($1198)
- Regent Regular-Fit Bedford Cord Sport Coat – $149.99 ($498)
- Made in Italy Milano Fit Pinstripe 1818 Suit – $449.99 ($1198)
There’s more than suits and sportcoats in their clearance section… but for Brooks Brothers fans who like their 1818 line of suits, $450 is a tough price to beat. That said, styles/fabrics for those suits are limited in terms of what’s actually on clearance.
Charles Tyrwhitt: 4 Shirts or Polos for $179 + 20% Off Everything Else
- Non Iron Poplins in White or Sky Blue – $44.75 if you buy 4 ($99)
- “Smart” Jersey Polos w/ hidden button down collar – $44.75 if you buy 4 ($99)
You can mix and match. Meaning, you can buy 2 polos and 2 shirts and get the multi buy discount. But you still have to buy four items in total. And that’s a lot. Be aware that shipping is spendy, since CT stuff ships from the U.K. Expect an additional $15 – $18 at checkout for that.
Roka Performance Sunglasses: Biggest Sale of the Year
- Halsey in Rootbeer + Bronze Polarized Lenses – $125 ($205) shown above, review here
- Halsey in Matte Black + Dark Carbon Polarized Lenses – $125 ($205) also reviewed here
- Falcon Titanium Frame Aviators – $170 ($310)
Whooooooo-boy Rokas are NOT cheap sunglasses. But when it comes to lightweight performance sunglasses that’ll stay on your face during tough workouts AND look good dressed up with a suit… they’re top of the line. Built in Austin Texas from premium materials. Subtle “gecko” grip patches really do the job while blending into the frames. Full review of the New-Wayfarer like Halsey can be found here.
REI: Anniversary Sale is underway
- Icebreaker Tech Lite II Merino T-Shirt – $59.99 ($80) 100% merino, so don’t machine dry these
- The North Face EA Big Pine Crew T-Shirt – $39.93 ($55) not merino
- Smartwool Long-Sleeve Colorblock Henley – $67.73 ($90)
- Smartwool Everyday Anchor Line Crew Socks – $15.69 ($21)
- Smartwool Performance Hike Light Cushion Crew Socks – $17.99 ($24)
- Darn Tough Sunset Ridge Micro Crew Lightweight Hiking Socks – $17.73 ($20)
- Darn Tough Number 2 Micro Crew Midweight Hiking Socks – $18.73 ($25)
- Darn Tough Animal Haus Crew Lightweight Lifestyle Socks – $17.73 ($23)
Not just for REI co-op members (although they have specific deals for members, which is a one-time $30 fee to join.) Not just for the “crunchy” rugged types… although it obviously, heavily leans that way. But… socks. Merino blend socks. Even if you’re the dressed up type, do not cast-aside the power of merino-blend “outdoorsy” socks for smart casual and casual wear. Especially as we move into the season of swamp-foot/hot and sweaty feet. They’ll change your life. If you ARE a member, you can use the code ANNIV23 to take 20% off a full-price item and an REI Outlet item. Sale ends 5/29.
Todd Snyder: Up to 40% Off Sale + New Sale Arrivals
- 7″ Riviera Swim Shorts in Cobalt – $74 ($228)
- 7″ Riviera Swim Shorts in Olive – $74 FINAL ($228)
- Todd Snyder + Champion Utility Cargo Sweats – $64 FINAL ($168)
- Made in Italy Recycled Cashmere Waffle Sweater – $194 ($398)
- Boiled Wool Shawl Collar Sweater – $229 ($368)
Spendy. That’s Todd Snyder though. Part of their “hello summer” sale. Some splurge worthy stuff in there. Not the greatest selection. But still worth a look if you’re a fan of the Todd Snyder aesthetic. Anything tagged as final sale can’t be returned or exchanged. And there’s quite a bit of Final Sale stuff in their sale section.
Crown & Buckle: Black/Gray Supreme NATOs back in stock
Not on sale but a stock alert instead. Because they’re terrific. These gunmetal and black striped supreme nato straps have been out of stock for a while now, but they appear to have just come back in stock in common 20mm and 22mm widths. Perfect for hot weather as well as changing up the look of a classic diver. Watch shown above is the new-ish Invicta 1953 Automatic.
The Dappered Space: Long Weekend Home Goods Sales
- Macy’s Memorial Day Sale – various markdowns, extra % off select w/ MEMDAY
- Society6 Memorial Day Sale – up to 50% off
- Home Depot “Kick off summer doing” – various markdowns
- Boutique Rugs – 15% off w/ MEM15
- Huckberry Memorial Day Weekend Sale – up to 30% off
- Wayfair Memorial Day Clearance – various markdowns up to 70%
- Amazon Memorial Day Deals – various markdown
- Target “Summer kickoff sale” – 20% to 30% off outdoor
- West Elm Memorial Day Sale – up to 60% off , but most sale items are 20% off
- Article Memorial Day Sale – various markdowns
- Sven Sofa in Birch Ivory – $899 ($1299)
Not every home goods retailer tries to hawk their wares at discounted prices on this long holiday weekend, but the vast majority do, and if you’re looking for something new to spruce up your space, now’s the time. There are some deep discounts happening out there (and some par for the course markdowns). Picks above are a reflection of the wide variety of promos you’ll encounter this weekend. This is one of the best times to shop furniture collections specifically made for Macy’s. And if you want to dress your walls up for cheap, check out the 50% 0ff poster sale at Society6. Throw one in a cheap frame and you have a good looking statement piece to hang on your wall.
Also worth a mention:
- Bespoke Post: Up to 40% off in their shop.
- Under Armour: Extra 30% off their outlet with EXTRA30
- Tie Bar: Up to 15% off Wedding Packs.
- Oak Street Bootmakers: Up to 30% off storewide (still spendy, but as good as it seems to get for them)
- Mizzen + Main: $20 (twenty dollars, not percent) off a regular price purchase of $130+ w/ SOMEWHERE20
NOTE: This post will be updated through the long weekend.