Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Brooks Brothers: 30% off almost everything (exclusions apply)
- Medium Gray Vitale Barberis Canonico wool suit Jacket and Matching Trouser – $557.20 ($796)
- Navy Vitale Barberis Canonico wool suit Jacket and Matching Trouser – $557.20 ($796)
- Regent or Milano (slim) Fit Hopsack Blazer – $383.60 ($548)
- Ribbed Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $138.60 ($198)
- Cotton Cable Nautical Stripe Hoodie – $103.60 ($148)
Performance 91% Nylon, 9% Spandex Stretch Sport shirt – $75.60 ($108)BB is doing performance shirts now??
UPDATE on those “Performance” shirts. Don’t do it. They have a big ol’ contrasting logo on the chest pocket. The online images are inaccurate. And they also show up wrinkled all to Hades. Not encouraging. Continuity matters.
Clearance is excluded, so there’s no double dipping there as there was a couple weeks back. But their brand new performance sport shirts (no experience yet, but high hopes) and their new Suit Separates are included. Suit Separates are different than usual “nested” suits (such as these) because you get to pick the size of the jacket and then you also get to pick the size (and in this case, length!) of the trouser. If you’re lucky you might be able to get away with not having to visit a tailor after the purchase. That’s not usually the case with nested suits, which almost always come with ballpark waists and unfinished trousers meant to be tailored post-purchase. But be warned with these particular Brooks Brothers trousers. Word is they run slim, so be prepared for possible exchanges if you don’t size up/don’t want to buy into the customer reviews.
Allen Edmonds: Anniv. Sale Early Access for Collectors Club
- Strand Oxfords – $296.25 ($395) mahogany shown above
- Park Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $318.75 ($425)
- Liverpool Chelsea Boots – $371.25 ($495)
The Anniversary Sale is one of AE’s two premier sales of the year, with the other being the Rediscover America sale in the fall. Members of their “Collectors Club” get early access through today. That “club” is really nothing more than an email sign up and login credentials creation. Goes live to everyone else tomorrow, Friday 3/31. We’ll have a full run down when that launches.
Banana Republic Factory: 57.5% off
- Slim Soft Wash Short Sleeve Shirt – $25.50 ($60) lots of patterns
- Luxe Touch Jacket – $38.25 ($90) just featured over here, in black
- Washed Ribbed Cardigan – $55.25 ($130)
- Lived-In Chinos in slim, straight, or athletic fit – $36.12 ($85) six colors
That’s… a lot off. Which always raises an eyebrow, but this is BR’s step down “Factory” line, which can actually be pretty good as long as you keep an eye on fabric composition and temper some expectations. 50% off + additional 15% off expires Sunday.
Nike: 20% off Select for members w/ EARLY20
- Air Pegasus ’83 – $76 ($95)
- Air Max Flyknit Racer – $79.97 ($160)
- Jordan Series Mid – $61.57 ($90)
- Air Force 1 ’07 Fresh – $112 ($140)
Looks like Nike has too much inventory at present. And thus, lots of codes lately. Selection is different than last week’s tiered sale. Have to be logged into a Nike account to use EARLY20, but once you do, it’ll be 20% off select. Or an additional 20% off, as there’s some already marked down stuff in there too. Ends Saturday evening.
Macy’s: 25% off select watches w/ VIP
- Hamilton Murph 42mm – $746.25 ($995) note: the 38mm option sold out pretty fast
- Seiko 5 Sports Black Dive-Style Automatic – $199.13 ($295) reviewed here
Full picks here. Last call for this one. Ends Sunday. One of those rare instances where Hamilton’s are getting the discount. Always nice to see an authorized dealer doing a sale on watches from Hamilton, Seiko, etc. That way you can catch a deal and not worry about the risk from some random gray-market seller on eBay or Amazon.
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew: 40% off select full / Extra 40% off select sale items w/ SPRING. Full picks here.
- Bonobos: “VIPs” got an early access, 25% off code a couple days ago. Thinking that starts for everyone today.