Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Barbour Saffir Polarquilt Jacket – $114.98 ($230)
- Bonobos Slim Fit Waffle Crewneck Cashmere Sweater – $152.76 ($228)
- Made in Italy L.B.M 1911 Trim Fit Twill Cotton Sport Coat – $449.98 ($750)
- Nordstrom Feeder Stripe Merino Wool Blend Dress Socks – $9.90 ($16.50)
- Timex MK1 Chronograph Fabric Strap Watch, 42mm – $97.99 ($139) Review Here
- Herschel Supply Co. Novel Duffle Bag – $63.72 ($90)
- adidas U-Path Run Sneaker – $56.94 ($85)
- 1901 Stripe Long Sleeve Henley – $35.70 ($59.50)
- adidas ID Track Pants – $35.98 ($60)
- Patagonia Isthmus Wind Resistant Water Repellent Quilted Shirt Jacket – $118.30 ($169)
- L.B.M. 1911 Trim Fit Plaid Cotton Blend Sport Coat – $476.98 ($795)
A very late addition to this Thursday Handful (like, this was added when the sale went live on Friday.) Lemme be honest. This isn’t in the same ballpark as their half-yearly sales. And it’s certainly not the pre-fall, annual Anniversary sale. BUT! It’s still Nordstrom, who somehow still seems to do everything right despite their department-store-peers imploding around them. And as always, everything ships and returns for free.
- Dock peacoat with Thinsulate – $119.99 ($298)
- Fulton insulated jacket with eco-friendly PrimaLoft – $99.99 ($248)
- Merino wool snowflake shawl cardigan – $84.49 ($198)
- Cashmere hat – $19.99 FINAL ($69.50)
- Bomber jacket in wool-blend with eco-friendly PrimaLoft – $100.49 ($248)
- Suede MacAlister boot with moccasin toe – $44.99 FINAL ($168)
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Pacer Boots – $109.49 ($248)
It’s Presidents’ Day on Monday, and if memory serves, Presidents’ Day weekend is the last big blowout weekend for winter clearance in the retail world. And here, J. Crew seems to be confirming that. LOTS on big-time-sale, and so far, most of it isn’t final sale either. Better than your average J. Crew sale event. Much better. Noticeably better. Code WEEKEND expires today, 2/13, which is kinda weird because the weekend hasn’t happened yet.
- Athletic Tapered Traveler Pant – $59.10 ($98.50) tons of colors
- Slim Traveler Pant – $59.10 ($98.50) tons of colors
- Water-Resistant 3-Layer Mac Jacket – $118.80 ($198)
- Core Temp Quilted Bomber Jacket – $118.80 ($198)
- Core Temp Chinos – $58.80 ($98) keep scrolling, we’ll get to the $40 version, promise…
- Cognac Nicklas Leather Sneaker – $76.80 ($128)
- Nicklas Leather Sneaker – $82.80 ($138)
- Hiram Sunglasses – $46.80 ($78)
Whereas J. Crew is looking back, Banana Republic is looking forward. These are new, early early spring releases. I do believe this is the first big exclusion free deal of the year? New arrivals, core temp, their hugely popular traveler pants… it’s all up for the discount. Plus you can get free 2-3 day shipping on orders of $100+ with the code BRSHIP. And cardmembers can get an additional 10% off
- Independence Collection Bartlett Cap Toe – $277.47 ($530)
- Independence Collection Jefferson Wingtip – $277.47 ($530)
Last call for the big Allen Edmonds winter Sale = an extra 25% off cherry on top. And the super-fancy Indepenence collection shoes that are simmering in the sale section, are now even cheaper than when they got the steal alert treatment a few weeks back. Lots of other stuff in the sale section too. It’s a random assortment, but there are some gems in there. Yet it’s the Independence collection that’s the star of this extra 25% off promo show.
- Blue Tropical Wool Suit – $348
- Light Heather Gray Super 110s Wool Suit – $348
- Light Gray Tropical Wool Suit – $348
- Blue Check Wool Suit – $348
- Charcoal Sharkskin Wool Suit – $348
Spier has a hard time keeping things in stock. So get ’em now while you can. They’re the best value in the suit game. Two fits (slim and a more athletic contemporary fit), half canvas, nice Australian merino wool fabrics, NON functioning sleeve cuff buttons (for easier tailoring), and the finishing details you’ll find on suits noticeably more expensive. All suits shown above are just 1/4 lined in the back. Butterfly style. That’s big for the warmer months ahead. It’ll help keep you extra cool, and it’s not cheap to do, since you can’t hide any loose threads or anything behind a what would have been a fully lined jacket.
The Pick: Core Temp Chinos – $41.65 ($98)
Core temp chinos for $40? What? Still efforting an in-person with these things to confirm that they’re at least close to the mainline’s excellent BR Core Temp chinos, but… the fabric makeup is almost precisely the same. And they’re using the whole “they’re made with volcanic sand!” branding thing. Volcanic Sand! It’s SAND from VOLCANOES YOU GUYS. GET yOuR $40 PuMiCe PAntS pEoPLE!
- Good Man Brand Slim Fit Merino Crew – $40.48 ($178)
- Belstaff Rockford Zip Front Jacket – $71.98 ($395)
- Billy Reid Slim Fit Quilted Shirt Jacket – $119.97 ($395) just large left
- Stewart of Scotland Camo Cotton/Nylon/Wool Sweater – $33.73 ($125)
- Barbour Newbrough Gloves – $26.22 ($90)
- Crevo Malik Suede Chelsea Boot – $44.98 ($90)
But early access starts today. I think you have to be a certain “tier” of their rewards club? Anyway, stuff can move fast when the doors go open to the general public, so, be prepared for that tomorrow morning.
- Tech 5-Pocket Pant – $39 FINAL ($128)
- Bedford Cord 5-Pocket Pants – $34 FINAL ($118) lots of colors
- Stretch Italian Trousers – $44 FINAL ($148)
- Corduroy 5-Pocket Pants – $34 FINAL ($98)
- Jetsetter Stretch Wool Blazer – $180 FINAL ($450)
- The Quilted Bomber – $59 FINAL ($198)
Last day for this. Final sale of course though. More picks here. Seems like sizes have (understandably) been pretty picked over at this point.
Not a sale, but worth a mention. Allen Edmonds just quietly rolled out a new color called “Burnished Copper.” I don’t think it’s the old bourbon color? Looks more subtle/a little darker than bourbon. At least to my eye. Just Strands and Park Avenues so far in terms of styles available.
Also worth a mention:
- Suitsupply: Lots of new spring arrivals are in.
- Club Monaco: 25% Off Men’s Styles w/ 25OFF!
- Todd Snyder: Check your physical USPS mailbox. You should have a single use, $100 off $300 code lurking in there/on the back cover of their paper catalog.
- Lands’ End: 40% off and Free Shipping no minimum w/ PALS and PIN 1234
- Huckberry: Looks like they’re on the Prez Day Weekend sale train as well, and have launched a monster end-of-season clearance event. Separate post with picks coming. Standby for that.