NOTE: We’ll be updating as more sales roll in/deals change. So check back. There’s been even more Black Friday “creep” this year, with MANY of these deals launching pre-Thanksgiving (and thus, why this is getting an early launch). Picks are scattered about when something was too good not to specifically mention. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those in to email@example.com.
- Italian Wool Melton Submariner Coat – $164.50 ($329)
- Italian Car Coat in Solid Navy – $189 ($378)
- Wool-Blend Chore Jacket – $74.50 ($149)
- Cashmere Beanie Hat – $64.50 ($129)
- Merino Beanie – $29.75 ($59.50)
- Reversible Cashmere Scarf – $99 ($198)
- Arley Brown Leather Boots – $89 ($178)
- Nicklas Sneakers in Mixed Suede/Leather – $64 ($128)
- Nicklas Leather Sneaker – $64 ($128)
- Haywood Leather Boot – $89 ($178)
- Slim Italian Knit Blazer – $149 ($298)
- Italian Merino Shawl-Collar Sweater – $54.50 ($109)
- Italian Moleskin Deck Jacket – $134.50 ($269)
We’ve made an entire separate post of Black Friday B.R. picks in case you want more. There’s just not enough room here. Don’t forget the everyday extra 10% off at checkout for card-members with BRCARD.
Deal is set to expire tomorrow, Saturday, 11/30. And they’ve just rolled the half off no exclusions deal into a Cyber Monday promotion. On Sunday. Free shipping no min. too with BRSHIP.
- Ted Baker Passport Quilted Front Fleece Jacket – $139.49 ($279)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones II w Google Assistant in Sliver or Black – $279 ($349)
- Made in Italy GREATS Royale Sneaker – $134.25 ($179)
- Nordstrom Taylor Trim Fit Overcoat – $199 ($349)
- Cole Haan Feathercraft Grand Plain Toe Boot – $129.90 ($200)
- Jack Black 33 oz All-Over Wash – $32 ($48)
- Made in the USA Red Wing 6″ Moc Toe Boots – $210 ($280)
See our separate post here for more picks if you want ’em. Seems like Nordstrom has actually added some stuff to their already enormous sale section over the last 24-48 hours? As always, everything ships and returns for free. Sale is scheduled to end tomorrow, 12/2. Don’t forget the spend $125 get $25, spend $250 get $50, spend $400 get $100 deal. Yes there are lots of exclusions, but you’ll get your gift card via email no later than January 17, 2020, and you have until March 15th 2020 to spend it. Not bad!
- Factory 2nds Dalton Weatherproof Wingtip Dress Boots w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $255.20 ($319) review of 1sts can be found here
- Factory 2nds Carlyle Plain-toe Oxfords – $199.20 ($249)
- Factory 2nd Fifth Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford – $199.20 ($249)
- Factory 2nd Strand Cap-Toe Oxfords – $223.20 ($279)
- Factory 2nd Higgins Mill Weatherproof Boot w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $239.20 ($299)
- Factory 2nd Alpine Cap-Toe Boot w/ Vibram Arctic Grip Rubber Sole – $223.20 ($279)
So 20% off full price isn’t that awesome of a deal, but when you stack it on top of the already big cuts that Factory 2nds shoes and boots get? Now we’re talkin’. Don’t forget. $25 restocking fee on returned Factory 2nds. And they’re a risk.
- Danner Vertigo 917 – $164.98 ($220)
- Proof Field Jacket – $75 ($175)
- Made in the USA Flint and Tinder Supima Air Knit Tee – $19.98 ($29)
- Made in the USA Flint and Tinder Slub Pocket Tee – $19.98 ($29)
- Made in the USA Flint and Tinder Rugby Stripe Tee – $25.98 ($38)
- Proof City Merino Hoodie – $133.98 ($168)
- Made in the USA Rancourt & Co. Brunswick Boot – $275.98 ($395)
- Sunski Topekas – $46.98 ($68)
- Sunski Treelines – Premium Collection – $64.98 ($89)
- Rustico Traveler’s Notebook + Wanderer Pen – $89.98 ($120)
Well made gear with lots of outdoor uses but great looking all at the same time. And their select Black Friday deals are pretty sweet. I bought those Danner Vertigo (with the green laces) from Huckberry, and to me? They’re worth it at full retail. So for $55 off? That’s a deal. LOTS of other stuff picking up deep discounts, and word is they’re gonna introduce more and more stuff as the weekend rolls on. We’ll have updates as well as fresh picks for our Cyber Monday post.
- Flannel-Lined Khakis in Slim Fit with GapFlex – $31.47 ($69.95)
- 60% Cotton/30% Nylon/10% Wool Waffle Stitch Chest Stripe Sweater – $31.47 ($69.95)
- 60% Cotton/30% Nylon/10% Wool Marled Stripe Sweater – $31.47 ($69.95)
- ColdControl Lightweight Puffer Jacket – $57.60 ($128)
- Slim Jeans with GapFlex – $31.47 ($69.95)
- Slim Fit Cords with GapFlex – $31.47 ($69.95)
- Icon Corduroy Jacket – $40.47 ($89.95)
- Wool Blend Chunky V-Neck Sweater – $35.97 ($79.95)
- Cold Control Max Modern Parka Jacket – $89.10 ($198)
- Cold Control City Parka – $66.60 ($148)
Half off AND an additional 10% off with the code(s). Plus free shipping no minimum now for the Cyber Monday thing, with the code SHIPIT.
- Goodyear Welted, Made in Portugal Oxfords, Monks, and Loafers – $198.40 ($248)
- Navy Wool/Cashmere Overcoat – $318.40 ($398)
- Charcoal Wool/Cashmere Overcoat – $318.40 ($398)
- Camel Wool/Cashmere Overcoat – $318.40 ($398)
- Super 130s Wool Midnight Tux – $398.40 ($498)
- Zignone Blue Check Sportcoat – $262.40 ($328)
- Navy Hopsack Blazer – $238.40 ($298)
- “Core” line of Super 120s Merino Wool Suits – $262.40 ($328) they do make more expensive suits, but the core line is $328
Just about exclusion free here. Exclusions are the new arrival oxfords, the navy and medium gray VBC flannel trousers, and any made to order suits. So that means their new Goodyear Welted shoes are on sale. Tuxedos too. Hot diggity. Review of their new line of shoes can be found here.
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $252 – $315 ($360 – $450) lots of colors & patterns
- The Italian Wool Car Coat – $313.60 ($448) five colors/patterns
- Made in the USA Brushed Italian Cotton/Elastane 5-Pockets – $103.60 ($148)
- Made in Italy Shoes & Boots – $174.30 – $208.60 ($249 – $298)
If past is prologue, that usually means Bonobos will save their best offer (by a little) for Cyber Monday. They were, after all, one of the leaders in the “nah, we’re gonna stick to the online stuff thanks” retail strategy. That is, until they opened guideshops. BUT. They’re still an internet first company. If you want to jump on board now, 30% off site wide is awfully good for Bonobos.
Metal Vent Tech 1/2 Zip – $79 FINAL ($98)
Metal Vent Tech Polo – $69 FINAL ($88)
Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve – $49 FINAL ($88)
Metal Vent Tech Hoodie – $79 FINAL ($108)
Metal Vent Tech Long Sleeve 2.0 – $69 FINAL ($88)
Metal Vent Long Sleeve Henley – $69 FINAL ($88)
So here’s the deal. I once went to Vancouver and packed a bunch of cotton stuff. Not realizing how humid it gets, y’know, NEAR AN OCEAN, I was uncomfortable. And then I went to a lululemon store. After I put my eyes back in my skull when they popped out at the prices, I dove in. Their stuff is EXPENSIVE. But their metal vent tech gear is, frankly, awesome. Even on sale you’ll laugh at the prices (try Peak Velocity from Amazon for a cheaper alternative,), but if you’re a lululemon fan, then you know these are pretty good prices.
- Regular Fit Long Sleeve Jersey Henley Shirt – $10 ($14.99)
- Shawl Collar Long Sleeve Shawl Pullover Sweater in Oatmeal – $20 ($29.99)
- Slim Fit Hennepin Chino Pants in Olive – $20 ($22.99)
- Crew Neck Nep Sweater – $20 ($29.99)
- Slim Selvedge Jeans in Indigo – $20 ($39.99)
Not sure how to wear some of this stuff? It’s easier than you’d think. Head here for our how to wear it. Reviews of this stuff can be found over here too. Big fan of Target’s Goodfellow & Co. The one drawback seems to be size inconsistency and gaps between sizes. So, be prepared that you might have to send a few things back until you get your size dialed in.
- Recycled Wool Water-Resistant Herringbone Topcoat – $149 ($298)
- Corduroy & Sherpa Trucker Jacket – $74 ($148)
- Merino Wool Blend Thermal-Regulating Hooded Sweater – $39.95 ($79.90)
- Merino Wool-Blend Thermal Regulating V-Neck Sweater – $34.95 ($69.90)
- Printed Moisture-Wicking Short-Sleeve Cotton/Spandex Performance Henley – $19.95 ($39.90)
That means their merino will be/is on sale. Nice and lightweight but strong. And unlike UNIQLO, which can sometimes struggle with fit these days, EXPRESS stuff has a nice slim fit to it.
- Nodus Retrospect Automatic – $361.25 – $382.50 ($425 – $450)
- Nodus Avalon Automatic – $531.25 – $552.50 ($625 – $650)
For the record, I don’t know the guys at Nodus at all. I just really dig what they do. All assembled in the USA with great specs, great materials, great designs, and powered by dependable seiko or miyota movements. And they don’t do sales often. Also, if you’re not in the states, they’re offering free worldwide shipping on orders over $100 with the code SHIP2019. Head here for a review of the Avalon. Note that the new Duality watches are not up for this discount.
- Red Wing Classic Moc – $195.30 ($279)
- Quilted Puffer Bomber – $208.60 ($298)
- Made in the USA Filson Horween Suede Duffle – $556.50 ($795)
PLUS an extra 40% off sale styles. Code has been updated to reflect the cyber monday switch. Looks like it applies to most of their 3rd party stuff too? Red Wing moc toe boots for under $200 are something else. Also, so is that suede bag from Filson. It’ll make you cry when the credit card bill rolls in come January though.
The Pick: Mako USA II Automatic – $200 ($315) blue or black
They’re also doing 15% off sitewide with the code HOLIDAY19, but, it’s the Mako USA II automatics going for two bills that’s the start of this show. $200 is as low as they’ve ever gone for, direct from the site, and if memory serves they’ve only been available at $199 a couple times from 3rd party sellers. So this is quite the deal. Full review can be found here. Available (for now) in black, blue, or white dial, but know that the white dial is stuck at $230 because I guess that colorway has been discontinued?
- White Fine Twill Dress Shirt – $101.50 ($145)
- Blue Fine Twill Mid Spread Dress Shirt – $101.50 ($145)
- Burgundy McFadden Windowpane Dress Shirt – $94.50 ($135)
- Navy McFAdden Windowpane Dress Shirt – $94.50 ($135)
No code necessary here. They are spendy, but my goodness they’re incredible. Their quality, their attention to detail, and that oh-so-perfect slightly lowered second button on their shirts, all makes for a splurge-worthy-shirt for some of us. One fat note though: Their new, less expensive “Essentials” collection is excluded. So, that’s a bit of a bummer.
- Red Wing x Todd Snyder Moc Toe Boots – $266 ($380)
- Made in the UK Sanders Chukkas – $213.75 ($285)
- Todd Snyder + Champion Golden Bear Jacket – $348.60 ($498)
- Knit Traveler Cotton/Wool Jacket in Charcoal – $243.60 ($348)
Steep tiers but, good if you’re a fan of Todd Snyder. Some exclusions: Alden, Aesop, Descente, Hodinkee, Moscot, Nike, & Made to Measure. Also seems like the Made in the USA, Timex “American Documents” series is out. Tried the code on one of those. Didn’t work. But it seems like stuff that’s already on sale and their Champion collection is up for the discounts?
Enormous fan of WP Standard. They do really nice work, and while the pieces are investment worthy, the asking prices are at least attainable by most. Full review of that briefcase can be found here. And those military duffels are really nice. They don’t run sales, so, 15% off is pretty noteworthy.
An extraordinarily rare sale from GAP inc’s answer to lululemon. Head here for a big round up/bulk review of their stuff. (Warning: it’s super expensive, even with the discount.) If nothing else, this gives us an excuse to post a picture of Jason’s dog Lucy. The world needs more pictures of dogs.
Select shirts only, but there’s plenty to pick from lurking about in there. They’re also doing 25% off shoes. Not a huge deal, but still something. UPDATE: Huge thanks to Michael G. who pointed out that with some digging and filtering, you can find that there are some Made in the USA “original polo collar” button down shirts lurking about in there. Four for $199 made in the USA shirts? Standing ovation for Michael G.!
- Navi Land – $105 ($140)
- Navi World – $101.25 ($135)
- Navi Harbor (multiple colors) – $101.25 ($135)
- Navi XL – $96.75 ($129)
LOTS of exclusions here, and they’re what you’d expect: Not good on American Documents, Select Timex Collaborations, Automatics (Celestial, Marlin, Giorgio Galli, Navi XL, Waterbury), Marlin Hand-Wound, Navi XL Featuring NASA, Timex x Space Snoopy, Q Timex Reissues, etc. But there are some archive watches up for the discount, and those are (so far) hard to find on 3rd party sites. Like Amazon. So still worth a glance. Free shipping no minimum too.
Vests + Parkas are up for the Ultra Light Down discounting, with the Ultra Light Down parkas getting $20 off. Seems like UNIQLO is gonna slow roll their deals out this year?
- Baracuta G9 Original Jacket – $331.50 ($390)
- Filson Original Briefcase – $276.25 ($325)
- Wolverine 1000 mile Evans Boot – $340 ($400)
- Filson Medium Duffel Bag – $335.75 ($395)
Steep tiers, but for the most part East Dane carries high end stuff. It’s not the place to go and pick up a t-shirt or two. Everything should ship and return for free (unless you stumble across something labeled Final Sale) since it’s powered by the Amazon fulfillment machine.
- Walker Vest – $34.95
- Flannel-lined Chino Pant – $33.50
- Donegal Bomber Sweater in Wool Blend – $38.50
- Cotton Shawl-collar Cardigan Sweater – $39
- Black Watch Plaid Thompson Blazer in Wool Blend – $115
- Slim-Fit Thompson Blazer in Houndstooth – $91
Men’s suiting, is, of course, excluded. But blazers? Blazers are shockingly in play. And that hounds-tooth number is pretty nice. See it in our big best fall sportcoats round up over here.
- Charles Tyrwhitt Peak Lapel Navy Italian Wool/Cashmere Overcoat – $349.30 ($499) (shown above left is out-of-stock navy notch lapel, although they have peak. Charcoal does have notch though. Weird.)
- Grey with blue dogstooth wool car coat – $223.40 ($399)
- Navy showerproof quilted sports blazer – $223.40 ($399)
- Chocolate made in England Oxford flex sole shoes – $244.30 ($349)
Charles Tyrwhitt is more than just shirts. As evidenced by the picks above, we’re kinda fans of the outerwear around these parts. Their shoes can be nice too, especially on sale. Which they are with the code. Huzzah!
- Tailored Fit Pattern Stretch Wool Sport Coat – $124.97 ($249.95)
- Tailored Fit 10 Wale Stretch Corduroy Sport Coat – $89.97 ($179.95)
- Wool Blend Car Coat – $149.95 ($299.95)
- Straight Fit Flannel Lined Comfort-First Knockabout Chino Pants – $34.98 ($69.95)
Not limited to just one item. And it seems to be working on sale stuff too. Code and pin expires today, so, not sure what they have in store next? I’m guessing just a different code and pin (same offer), but… I could be wrong. That’s a total guess.
The new Seiko 5 Sports line has been debuting at a downright glacial pace. BUT. Macy’s has got some more stock in, AND, the black dial/black NATO option is down to $165. That was fast. Head here for a super thorough review from our man Kris P.
- LG 60″ Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV – $429.99 ($799.99)
- Instant Pot Duo 6qt 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker – $49 ($79.99)
- Apple AirPods with Wired Charging Case – $149.99 ($159.99)
- Dyson V7 Motorhead Origin Cord-free Vacuum – $179.99 ($299)
It ain’t Black Friday without Target selling Instapots and Big arse TVs for cheap! Seriously though, nice TV. And I’ve sung the praises of the Dyson cordless vacuums (they’re great if you have pets) enough. This is, also, a basic approximation what my Sunday activities look like. Game on (albeit on a much smaller, much older TV). Cleaning with a podcast in. Cooking. There are worse ways to fritter away life. Also, if you spend $50+ today online, they’ll email you a 20% off coupon to be used 12/3 – 12/14. A small window to use it, but still.
Also Worth a Mention:
- TheTieBar: 20% off sitewide w/ WOW20
- Nordstrom Rack: Free standard shipping, sitewide.
- Jack Erwin: 20% off $150+ w/ THANKS
- Christopher Ward: 15% off w/ BF15
- Best Made Co: Lots of items are in their “famous red sale,” and not all of them are red.
- Billy Reid: 20% off $250, 30% off $500, 40% off $1000+.
- Bombas: 20% off sitewide w/ HOLIDAY20
- DROP: Their Drop + Glycine Soda Automatic – $399 or GMT Automatic – $589 watches are still open for pre-order. Final sale though.
Note: This post will be updated as more sales come down the pike. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those into firstname.lastname@example.org.