NOTE: We’ll be updating as more sales roll in/deals change. So check back. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those in to firstname.lastname@example.org. These things might change on a dime, but we’ll do our best to keep up. And note we’ll have a separate post for Cyber Monday.
- Super 120s Flannel Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Blazer – $200 ($400) also avail. in navy
- Knit Cuff Leather Gloves – $49.25 ($98.50)
- Ribbed Merino Scarf – $40 ($80)
- Italian Melton Peacoat with Removable Shearling Collar – $225 ($450)
- Luxe Traveler Jeans in Slim OR Tapered Fit – $64.50 ($129) size shown above = 33×30 on 5’10″/190
- Realy Leather Chukka Boot – $89 ($178)
- Kevin Italian Leather Cap-Toe Oxford – $79 ($158)
No codes needed here. BR had been sticking with 40% off up until now. And wow does it feel like someone looked around and thought “not good enough, let’s hit the Friends & Family level button.” So, here we are. Now half off. As good as it gets for BR. No code needed. Some exclusions, but they don’t seem to be too invasive.
- Pintuck Jogger Pants – $17.49 ($24.99)
- Micro-knit Patterned Crew Neck Sweater – $14 ($20)
- Stretch Chore Shirt Jacket – $27.99 ($39.99)
- Acetate-Frame Sunglasses w/ Case – $21 ($30)
- Colorblock Lightweight Bomber Jacket – $27.99 ($39.99)
- “Skinny” Fit Jeans in Black and Masonry Gray – $19.59 ($27.99)
Ah HA! Like BR, Target has mostly been on the sidelines this weekend in regards to clothes and accessories. Not anymore. Head here for Ryan (our Target expert) and his in person look at the fall/winter Goodfellow & Co line. A review of those acetate sunglasses can be found here.
- alphatorsion 2.0 – $77 ($110)
- Ultraboost 21 – $126 ($180)
- Tiro 21 Track Jacket – $35 ($50) three colors
- Essentials Down Parka – $84 ($120)
- Tiro 21 Track Pants – $31.50 ($45) five colors
STOP. SAYING. SITEWIDE WHEN A TON OF YOUR MOST POPULAR STUFF IS EXCLUDED. *waves hands furiously*
- Solid Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $35 ($80)
- Solid Merino Wool Quarter Zip Mock Neck Sweater – $35 ($98)
- Moisture-Wicking Performance Knit Joggers – $35 ($80)
Most of you guys know the drill. Stick to the merino stuff if you can. EXPRESS gear can get weird in a hurry in terms of both fabric and style, if you stray too far from the basics and classics like their extra fine merino sweaters. Because… shimmer. Shimmer? Shimmer. Anywho, nice to see their merino v necks and quarter zips getting more than the advertised half off.
- Wellen Quilted Sweatpants – $65.98 ($88)
- Mystery Ranch 2-Day Assault 27L – $185.98 ($219)
- Flint and Tinder 365 Corduroy Pants in slim, tapered, or straight – $91.98 ($108)
- Flint and Tinder Sherpa Deck Jacket – $134.98 ($225)
- OBRA 240 Canvas Low Wrap Toe Sneakers – $77.98 ($130)
- Icebreaker Oasis Half Zip Merino Baselayer – $73.98 ($105)
- Made in the USA Flint and Tinder French Terry Sweatpants – $43.98 ($88)
- Mystery Ranch Urban Assault 24L – $151.98 ($179)
- All-Weather Duckboot – $131.98 ($188) review here
New picks but pretty sure they haven’t added new items to this event. And a LOT has sold out over the last few days. New picks above had at least a decent size selection for Cyber Sunday/Monday.
J. Crew: “Can’t Miss Cyber Deals”, 40% off select full price, Extra 60% off FINAL sale items w/ CYBER
- Cashmere beanie – $26.50 ($69.50) 62% off
- Solid 100% cashmere scarf – $39.50 ($98) 60% off
- Ludlow topcoat in wool-blend herringbone – $149.50 ($348) 57% off
- Eco Nordic field parka – $169.50 ($398) 57% off
- Marled brushed fleece sweatpant – $29.50 ($79.50) 63% off
- Unstructured Ludlow slim fit Italian wool windowpane suit jacket & matching trouser – $289 ($656) 56% off
- Slim-fit knit suit jacket in wool-cotton blend – $84.50 ($188) 55% off
- Cotton-silk tipped-collar sweater – $34.50 ($79.50) 57% off
- Rugged merino wool crewneck sweater – $34.50 ($79.50) 57% off
SUNDAY NIGHT UPDATE: This just launched heading into Cyber Monday. Got all that? The “can’t miss cyber deals” are as deep as J. Crew discounts before they’ll throw something in the sale section and start knocking extra percentages off. And those items are usually final sale, and buried at the end of a retail season. Not the case here. It’s a scattered mix. The pricing on the cashmere hats and scarves is, frankly, pretty wild. And unexpected. So what about price adjustments, if you bought something above at 40% off, and it’s now less expensive for Cyber Monday? The short answer is: No. Which is a bummer. They’ll honor priced adjustments if you buy something full price (for real?), but not if it’s on sale or on promo. Dang it. Their policy in full is here.
- Textured rugged merino wool shawl cardigan with striped trim – $49.59 FINAL ($138)
- Boiled merino wool sweater-blazer – $67.59 FINAL ($188)
- Ludlow Slim-fit patch pocket blazer in wool blend – $143.99 FINAL ($398)
- Slim Garment-dyed corduroy workshirt – $32.39 FINAL ($89.50) four colors
- Marled rugged merino wool shawl-collar sweater – $38.39 FINAL ($110)
- Rugged merino pullover hoodie – $49.59 FINAL ($138)
- Broken-in pocket henley – $17.99 FINAL ($49.50) four colors
- French terry jogger sweatpant in colorblock – $21.99 FINAL ($79.50)
- Merino wool-blend jogger pant in herringbone – $47.99 FINAL ($158)
- Nordic recycled active microfleece pant – $39.99 FINAL ($128)
- Wallace & Barnes boiled merino wool jogger pant – $56.79 FINAL ($158)
Picks for the extra 60% off final sale items. The stuff getting this whopping extra 60% off is final sale. So no returns on this stuff.
- Goodthreads Men’s Lightweight 50% Merino / 50% Acrylic Hoodie – $27ish ($45.90) price depends on color
- Buttoned Down Men’s Italian Merino Wool Lightweight Crewneck Sweater – $22.90 ($59.90)
- Goodthreads Men’s Sherpa Fleece Fullzip Jacket – $43.20 ($50.90)
- Goodthreads Men’s Sherpa Fleece Fullzip Vest – $34.70 ($40.90)
- Buttoned Down Men’s Italian Wool Cashmere Overcoat – $92 ($279)
New day, new deals. Those topcoats at just under $100 might be one of the sneakier best deals of the weekend. Maybe. Depends on how they fit. 76% Wool, 18% Cashmere, 6% Nylon fabric for those.
- Pinpoint Solid White Non-Iron Dress Shirt – $44 ($55)
- Silk Knit Ties – $20 ($25)
- Perfect Tipped Merino Wool Classic Black Polo – $52 ($65)
- Perfect Tipped Merino Wool Cardigan Heather Grey Sweater – $52 ($65)
Runs through Monday. For those who are unaware, TheTieBar now does a LOT more than just ties. They’ve hugely expanded their repertoire these last few years. Dress shirts are great. Sweaters are terrific.
- Higgins Mill Weatherproof Boot with Dainite Rubber Sole – $247.47 ($445)
- Strand Cap-Toe Oxford – $296.25 ($395)
- Park Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford with Dainite Rubber Sole – $318.75 ($425)
- Courtside Signature Sneaker – $206.25 ($275)
- Merino Cool Dress Socks – $9.72 – $16.87 ($19.50 – $22.50) many shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns
Works on the sale section too, which is where those Higgins Mills are pulled from. Otherwise, not a bad time to grab a model that doesn’t see discounts all that often.
Thurs/Friday UPDATE: Full honesty. It could pay a little bit to wait until Monday. Cyber Monday is usually when Bonobos runs their best offer of the year. Will that happen again in 2021? No idea. But they just sent out an email saying they’ve added a bunch of new stock to their sale section, and two of their most popular, relatively recently introduced styles are in there. Not final sale, so they can be returned if you don’t like them. Homestretch joggers = “refined” joggers (if such a thing can exist.) They’re soft, they’re stretchy, they’re 69% Rayon, 27% Nylon, 4% Spandex. Meanwhile “The Off Duty Pant” was a total home run for them in 2020-21, and those things combine their famous chinos (cotton + stretch), with the of-the-moment e-waist jogger trend. Code friday30 ends Sunday. Again, something better might be coming Monday.
Bonobos: 30% off full price w/ friday30 (mon. 11/22 – sun. 11/28)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $280 – $315 ($400 – $450) lots of colors/patterns
- Jetsetter Stretch Italian Wool Blazer – $280 – $450 ($400 – $450) also lots of colors/patterns
- Italian Stretch Wool Flannel Suit Seperates – $490 ($700)
- Premium Stretch Jeans – $105 ($149)
- The All Week Flex Pant – $84 ($119)
- Extra Stretch Travel Jeans – $70 ($99) review here
- Stretch Flannel Shirts – $70 ($99)
And for the sake of some continuity, a few full priced picks. Because the code works just about sitewide. One additional note: Their stretch washed chinos are excluded. Maybe that’s the Cyber Monday surprise?
- Topeka – $51 ($68)
- Astra – $74 ($98)
- Treelines – $67 ($89)
- Headland – $44 ($58)
- Portola – $41 ($68)
- Blue Light Glasses – $35 ($58)
Big thanks to our man Brandon D. for this. Sunski hits that sweet spot. Said it before, will say it again. The dichotomy of sunglasses (either mega expensive designer or super cheap gas station junk) is unnecessary. Sunski hits the middle ground.
- Water-Resistant Sherpa-Lined Puffer Vest for Men – $29.99 ($59.99)
- Breathe ON Textured Long-Sleeve Henley T-Shirt for Men – $14 ($29.99)
- Regular Fit Built-In Flex Everyday Printed Shirt for Men – $17.49 ($34.99)
- Slim Taper Built-In Flex Anytime Chino Pull-On Pants for Men – $19.99 ($39.99)
Half off the already super affordable Old Navy. Usually ON runs codes/deals in the 30% – 40% off. So half off really is Black Friday worthy. Really liking the look of that faux-sherpa lined vest. No code needed here. Discount happens at checkout.
- C60 Trident Pro 600 – $862.75 ($1015)
- C60 Anthropocene GMT – $1015.75 ($1195)
- C65 Trident Automatic – $862.75 ($1015)
Swiss made watches with great specs, minus the gargantuan big luxury jewelry store price tag. Still far from cheap. But these are watches that cost thousands less than the crown brand or the 007 brand. 60 day free returns, free international shipping, but do know that it seems like they use DHL (a lot? all the time?) and that can spell trouble if you don’t have an easy DHL manned location to drop a return off at. Also, sometimes they get hung up at customs coming and going.
- Metal Vent Tech Hoodie 2.0 – $59 – $69 FINAL ($98)
- Metal Vent Tech Half-Zip 2.0 – $59 – $69 FINAL ($98)
- Navigation Stretch Down Vest – $99 FINAL ($168)
- Metal Vent Breathe Long Sleeve Shirt – $54 – $64 FINAL ($88)
- Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0 – $49 FINAL ($78)
- Metal Vent Tech Long Sleeve Shirt 2.0 – $49 – $64 FINAL ($88)
All final sale. No returns. So you best know your size and preferred lululemon fabric. Because while it’s a (very) rare sale event from Lululemon, it’s still spendy. Especially if it doesn’t work out on arrival, and you can’t send it back.
- Black Down Blazer – $198.40 ($248) best in show casual/smart casual in our outerwear round up
- Italian Speckled Wool Peacoat – $380.80 ($448) also reviewed in our outerwear round up
- Navy Wool Suit – $295.80 ($348)
- Dark Brown Hopsack Neapolitan Cut Sportcoat – $338.30 ($398)
- Navy Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Serge Fabric Blazer – $295.80 ($348)
- Gray Donegal Wool Neapolitan Cut Sportcoat – $318.40 ($398)
- Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigans – $66.30 ($78) four colors
- Merino Long Sleeve Knit Polos – $57.80 ($68) six colors
- Dress Oxford Shirts – $46.75 ($55) four colors
- White Poplin Dress Shirt – $49.30 ($58)
There are exclusions. Notable exclusions are the chunky shawl collar cardigans (no surprise), and a bunch of their outerwear like topcoats, ulster coats, and their melton peacoats. And when compared to the mall brands, 15% – 20% off might not seem like much, but Spier is arguably the best bang for the buck menswear brand in the business. Half canvas, nice wool suits for the mid $300s at FULL price is crazy rare. And the case can be made that out of everyone, they’ve had the best fall/winter line of 2021, from casual to dressed up stuff. The whole thing really has been impressive. Do remember that returns aren’t cheap. $15, unless it’s your first suit, sportcoat, or shoes purchase. They’re not some massive company, so shipping costs are a bit rougher on them. Code BF2021 runs clear through next Wednesday, 12/1.
- Facial Fuel Daily Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men – $26.25 ($35)
- Avocado Eye Cream – $25 ($50)
- Midnight Recovery Concentrate Face Oil – $26 ($52)
- Smooth Glider Precision Shaving Gel – $13.50 ($18)
Because your face has probably taken a beating after Wednesday Night’s fireball shots at Henry’s Townie Bar™, and last night’s annual argument with Drunk Uncle over the state of global finance, popular music, taxes, etc. Products above are not to scale because for cripes sakes people I am but one many with a mouse and a keyboard. Big thanks to Greg W. for the tip here.
- Architect’s Wallet – $49.60 ($62)
- Writetime Wallet – $46.40 ($58)
- Field Notes Wallet – $86.40 ($108)
- JetSet Passport Wallet – $78.40 ($98)
Made in the USA leather goods. Terrific Horween leathers. Super smart designs. Only a few exclusions (FFFolio, SimpliFFFy sale watches, Three-way women’s bag, etc). Ends Monday.
- adidas UltraBoost 21 Running Shoe – $135 ($180)
- Ray-Ban 50mm Wayfarer Sunglasses – $96.60 ($161)
- Zella Pyrite Zip Hoodie – $47.40 ($79)
- Zella Pyrite Slim Fit Pocket Joggers – $35.40 ($59)
- Marc New York Holden Water Resistant Down & Feather Fill Quilted Coat – $134.90 ($275)
Okay Ultraboosts. There you are. Also worth keeping an eye on is their Price Matching section. That’s where they mark down regularly priced stuff that’s on sale at another brand/retailer, and someone calls it in. And thus, Nordstrom matches the price, but you still get their free shipping and free returns.
Ten bucks off for UNIQLO’s very popular ultra light down jackets and vests. Already affordable, now a sawbuck off.
- Clarkson Cap-Toe Long-Wing Oxford – $188 ($235)
- Ellis Chelsea Boot – $180 ($225)
- Edward Unlined Penny Loafer – $156 ($195)
- Allen Wholecut Cap-Toe Oxford – $188 ($235)
Dress shoes/boots are made in Spain or Portugal, blake stitched, and they occupy that rare spot between “fashion” brands and Allen Edmonds. Head here for our shoe expert’s review of a pair of Jack Erwins (the Luke II Loafers) to get an idea as to what they’re about. A lot of us will stick with Allen Edmonds, but if you like a slimmer, more European looking profile, Jack Erwin could be the way to go with an eye towards affordability.
- American Documents 41mm Leather Strap Watch – $346.50 ($495) four colors schemes
- Navi XL Automatic 41mm Synthetic Rubber Strap Watch – $181.30 ($259)
- M79 Automatic 40mm Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch – $195.30 ($279) multiple colors, including the new brown, as well as red/black
Holy moly the American Documents collection is included?? That’s super rare. Those suckers are assembled in the USA from totally sourced American materials… aside from the Swiss Quartz movement. That, and they just look great. Also, 30% off is heftier than usual. Good. Very good.
The Pick: Bond Peacoat – $558.40 ($698)
Daniel Craig’s turn as Bond might be over, but the peacoat from Skyfall will live forever. Made in Portugal. Leather under collar. Real horn buttons. 75% Wool, 25% Polyamide melton wool.
- Perry Moc-Toe – $231.96 ($289)
- Main Street Plain Toe Boot – $299.21 ($398)
- Rambler Wedge Sole Boot – $495.96 ($619)
- Main Street Dress Cap in CXL w/ Dainite – $320.21 ($426.95)
- Kinney Chukka (Suede) – $287.96 ($383.95)
Savings on both lifestyle boots AND the real-deal, built for loggers and firefighters and other folks who have their hands in the dirt. Both levels are great quality though. Goodyear welted and all that. Watch out for sizing/listen to their sizing advice on the site. Their lasts run large. Big thanks to John B. and Tom B. for the tips on this one.
- Wool Overcoat – $374.25 ($499)
- Italian Cotton Water Resistant Mac – $261.75 ($349)
- Goodyear Welted Suede Chelsea Boots – $186.75 ($249)
- Goodyear Welted Brogue Boot – $186.75 ($249)
- Goodyear Welted Suede Chukka Boots – $186.75 ($249)
- Toaster Print Pocket Square – $18.75 ($25) YEEEEAH!
Maybe not the best time pick up a shirt or two (because their oft-running multi buy deals and specials will drop their shirts in the $40ish range), but for a bigger piece like their excellent topcoats, or maybe a pair of Goodyear welted shoes? Sure thing. Runs clear through next Monday. Head here for our shoe expert’s review of those chelseas. Code EARN runs through Cyber Monday, 11/29.
- Vegan Suede Puffer Jacket – $63.99 ($159.99)
- Slim-Fit Travel Corduroy Jean – $31.99 ($79.99)
- Slim-Fit Untucked Lightweight Flannel Shirt – $23.99 ($59.99)
- 60% Cotton / 30% Nylon / 10% Wool Shawl-Collar Cardigan – $35.99 ($89.99)
- 100% Washable Merino Wool Raglan Crewneck Sweater – $25.99 ($64.99)
Reminder: This is Factory. Not the mainline. Fabrics and finish won’t be as nice as regular BR stuff.
Black Lapel: 10% off one item w/ FRIDAY10 , 15% off two items w/ FRIDAY15 , 20% OFF 3 items w/ FRIDAY20
- Charcoal Wool Suit – $539.10 ($599)
- Midnight Blue Wool Tuxedo – $629.10 ($699)
- Cool Gray Blazer in Cavalry Wool Twill – $449.10 ($499)
For the hard to fit. This is one of those companies where you take a bunch of measurements at home, send in the numbers, and they then make a garment for you. Only these guys seem (to at least some of us) better than the rest. Head here for a full review of the Black Lapel experience. And if you’re a Black Lapel customer and you’re squinting at those prices going “wait, aren’t those a little high?” That’s because they are. A couple months back they raised their prices significantly. Thems be the times, though. Codes above are better than what you’ll find promoted on their site. You have to buy one less item with the codes shown above.
- Converse Chuck 70 in Burgundy Recycled Canvas – $63.75 ($85)
- Dents Guildford Flannel Glove in Charcoal – $67.50 ($90)
- Timex + Todd Snyder Q Timex Cream Dial – $134.25 ($179)
- Made in the USA Danner Mountain Light – $269.25 ($359)
Lots of exclusions. Lots. Also, clothes are pretty spendy. But that’s Mr. Snyder for you. Surprised those Danners are getting the discount.
- Diesel Boot Crimson Chromexcel ($360) + Horsehair Brush ($15) + Shoe Horn ($9) + Shell Cordovan Key Fob ($20) = $303 ($404)
- Chelsea Boot in Dune Chromexcel ($320) + A belt… any belt ($95) = $311.25 ($415)
A high threshold for sure, but you CAN use accessories to trip the threshold. See above. Got all that? A little weird, but Grant Stone hardly ever runs sales. So any sort of discount is appreciated, even if you have to buy “more” to spend a little less than what you normally would. So while those Diesel boots are normally $360, they drop to $303 IF you get the horsehair brush, key-fob, and shoehorn. There are worse ways to save $57. Hope that makes some sense. Head here for a full review of those Crimson Diesel Boots.
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off Entire Site + Extra 60% off Clearance w/ NOW
- Mack Weldon: $25 off $125, $40 off $200, $60 off $300. Big thanks to Juan F. for the tip!
- Rancourt: 15% off all non sale items w/ HOLIDAY21 (good through November 30th).
- Club Monaco: Take 25% off everything w/ BLACKFRIDAY
- Rhone: 20% off $150, 25% off $250, 30% off $300. Some exclusions apply though, like their tech-fabric button down commuter shirts.
- Taylor Stitch: 20% off Sitewide, $20 Credit On Purchases Over $100.
- Mizzen + Main: 30% off w/ THANKFUL
- Aer Bags: 20% off w/ SAVE20. Seen these guys on Huckberry, but they’re having a sale direct through their site. Big thanks to Chris P. for the tip here, who swears by their lightness AND sturdiness, and says they could be best described as “the cool guy’s thrifty Tumi.”