IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much to be called a handful.
This post will be updated over the next few days as more sales roll in.
Just a reminder though that come Monday we won’t be posting. On Monday, maybe consider spending some of that style budget on a donation to the USO, the EOD Warrior Foundation, Special Ops Warrior Fund, or another organization dedicated to helping our veterans. A huge thank you to all of you in the readership who have served or who are currently serving. Stay safe out there.
- Garment Washed Supima Pocket T – $20.70 ($34.50)
- Core Temp Chinos – $58.80 ($98)
- Bel Air Blue or Dark Gray Slim Italian Sharkskin Suit Jacket & Trouser = $340.80 ($568)
- Italian Leather Cap-Toe Oxford – $94.80 ($158)
- Vegan Suede Bomber Jacket – $107.40 ($179)
So that quiet/quick sale the other day WAS better. Still, 40% off is good. Especially now that brands seem to be tightening up their codes and promo strategy. (Is it inflation? Supply chain issues?) Seems like lots of shorts are getting excluded, which is an obvious bummer. Do know that cardmembers get a total of 52% off with that BRCARD20 code. Which IS better than Friends and Family. Deal runs through Monday.
- Dock short in stretch chino – $44.62 ($59.50)
- Dock pant in stretch chambray – $67.12 ($89.50)
- Tech dock short – $52.12 ($69.50)
- Short-sleeve linen shirt in print – $35.99 FINAL ($79.50)
- Slim short-sleeve stretch Secret Wash cotton poplin shirt in print – $28.99 FINAL ($64.50)
- Short-sleeve stretch Secret Wash cotton poplin shirt in print – $27.49 FINAL ($64.50)
- Ludlow Goodyear Welted Wingtips – $149.99 FINAL ($348)
- Double-faced cotton sweater-blazer – $75.49 FINAL ($168)
Upgraded as of Friday. Was an extra 40% off select sale items, now an extra 50% off. And it appears they added a bit of new stock to that sale section. Anyway, hot girl summer? Maybe. The rest of 2021 might get loud. Dock short summer? Probably an affirmative. Looks like they’re just about everywhere this year.
- Allen Edmonds Howard Lace Up Sneaker – $67.48 ($245)
- Made in Italy Rodd & Gunn Mercury Lane Plain Toe Derby – $56.23 ($248)
- Made in Italy Antonio Maurizi Leather Plain Toe Derby – $112.48 ($149.98)
- Tissot 39mm Le Locle Croc Embossed Leather Strap Watch – $309.91 ($825)
- Tissot 41mm Powermatic 80 Croc Embossed Leather Strap Watch – $213.72 ($750)
- Rodd & Gunn Italian Wool Cotswold Regular Fit Sport Coat – $78.73 ($398)
- Rodd & Gunn Reefton Regular Fit Check Wool Blend Sport Coat – $125.22 ($398)
- Rodd & Gunn Italian Wool Jerseyville Regular Coat – $95.61 ($398)
Some steal alerts on the shoe front. Prices are as marked online. It’s another “clear the racks” sale. Limited to clearance items, not regular sale stuff. And remember, if you can’t get it back to a brick and mortar Rack store, returns will cost you $5.95 for US customers.
- Cornwallis Dress Oxford – $139.97 ($395)
- Williamsburg Chukka Boot – $139.97 ($445)
- Kenilworth Plain-Toe Blucher – $139.97 ($395)
- Park Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford – $139.97 ($395)
- Canal Court Suede Sneaker – $97.97 ($225)
- Catalina Soft Penny Loafer – $139.97 ($295)
Speaking of steal alerts for shoes. Cornwallis oxfords for $140 is insane. These should be first quality, ships and returns for free, no re-stocking fee items.
Looks like they’ve added some new stock to their sale section too. Some final sale items in there, but plenty of stuff is not final sale. That super 120s hopsack wool is all sorts of right for $280.
- Rhodes boots Tyler Chukka – $122.98 ($175)
- MUNICIPAL Crossover Short – $65.98 ($88)
- Relwen Flyweight Flex Blazer – $208.98 ($298)
- Huckberry Weekenders Sunglasses in Grey/Forest lens – $24.98 or Maroon/Amber lens – $22.98 ($35)
- Made in the USA Flint and Tinder French Terry Sweatpants – $61.98 ($88)
- Danner Daypack 26L – $123.98 ($190)
USA made sweats & jackets. New Rhodes boots. Tons of in-season gear. One of their best sales in a long while. Full picks here if you’d like them.
A rare sale from Rhone, makers of the 2021 polopalooza winner. Sadly, none of those Delta Pique polos are in this sale (unless you’re looking to go long sleeve… but it’s almost June, y’know?) BUT… those Delta Pique notch tees are great. Same material as the polos. Same fit. All final sale here. No returns.
- The Doctors Bag – $320 ($400)
- The Market Tote – $190.40 ($238)
- Roll Top Backpack – $278.40 ($348)
- The Mouse Pad – $32 ($40)
WP standard quietly makes some really, REALLY nice leather goods. And they just flat out don’t do sales. Select items here.
- Stretch Riviera Short Sleeve Shirt – $59.25 ($79)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazers – $300 ($400)
- The Off Duty Pant – $74.25 ($99)
- Extra Stretch Travel Jeans – $74.25 ($99)
Seems like Bonobos hasn’t done a code or a sale of any kind in a very, VERY long time. Just 25% off here. Nothing major, but still considering the last few months of radio-silence from them? It’s something. Final sale items are excluded.
- Lightweight drawstring khaki pant – $19.50
- Thompson tech pant – $19.50
- Cotton-linen hoodie – $26.50
- Striped cotton-linen blend hoodie – $26.50
- Embroidered patterned belt – $14.50 shark belt!
They’ve also set aside a section of 70% off stuff for their best deals. Very kind of them. Hoodies and drawstring pants? Who woulda guessed?
- Polished Chambray Blue Dress Shirt – $30.80 FINAL ($55) three colors
- Gingham Non-Iron Dress Shirt – $30.80 FINAL ($55) grey or blue
- Small Gingham Pocket Square – $4 FINAL ($10)
- Seersucker Pocket Square – $4 FINAL ($10)
- Classic Gingham Pocket Square – $4 FINAL ($10)
- Olive Suede Belt – $16.80 FINAL ($30)
Bit of a mishmash in there. But a good mishmash all the same. Cheap pocket squares. Very cheap.
- Nordstrom Oxford Button-Up Performance Shirt – $29.70 ($49.50)
- Good Man Brand Made in Italy Legend Pro Sneaker – $118 ($198)
- Bonobos Men’s The Off Duty Pant – $58.80 ($98)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Quarter Zip Pullover – $71.40 ($119)
- Patagonia Better Sweater Zip Jacket – $83.40 ($139)
- Patagonia Nano Puff Water Resistant Jacket – $119.40 ($199)
- Patagonia Nano Puff Vest – $89.40 ($199)
Standby for a full post with picks. UPDATE: Here it is.
- Tissot 39mm Ballade Powermatic 80 COSC Chronometer – $499.97 ($925)
- Shinola 47mm Runwell Chronograph – $349.97 ($750)
- Shinola 42mm Bedrock Watch – $329.97 ($700)
- Shinola 41mm Guardian Watch – $329.97 ($695)
- Tissot 42mm PRS516 Powermatic – $279.97 ($795)
- Hamilton 40mm Jazzmaster GMT – $659.97 ($1325)
No specific sale on these things, but a bunch of new watches has shown up in the Nordy Rack inventory. And being that it’s Nordstrom, you can expect a factory warranty. No slightly shady gray market business here. Returns are only free in-store though. Otherwise it’s a $5.95 pre-paid label. That Tissot Ballade? It’s COSC certified. A true chronometer. Not bad for five bills. (Which is still a lot of money, I know I know I know. Watches. Nothing makes sense in the wristwatch world.)
- Made in the USA Barton slim indigo rigid USA lot 1 Jeans – $180 ($225)
- Made in the USA “the Godspeed tee” – $54.40 ($68)
- Hand stamped “true love” zippo – $44 ($55)
- Hasami incense holder w/ aloeswood incense – $30.40 ($38)
From our man Adam: “Imogene + Willie, a Nashville shop based out of an old service station, is home to classic raw and washed denim jeans, colorful tees, and thoughtfully designed accessories. Most items are designed and crafted in the USA and exude that Americana feeling better than most others. If you like RRL, you’ll love Imogene + Willie.”
- Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit – $88.97 – $97.97 ($160)
- KD13 (Team) – $124.97 ($150)
- Nike Dri-FIT Legend Tees – $22.97 ($25) heads up, Zappos has these for $20, albeit in limited sizes/colors.
Nice price on the Flyknits. And in a world where sneakers almost always trend towards loud Loud LOUDDDD… those KD13 are pretty… classy? Whatever protects the achilles.
The Pick: Marlin Automatic California Dial – $199.20 ($249)
There’s plenty more than just the Marlin automatic California dial, but… that thing’s a looker. Full review here.
Brooks Brothers: Up to 40% off polos/shorts/tees, Up to 70% off sale items + Extra 15% off w/ BC1818
- Made in Italy Field Chukka Boots – $67.99 ($298)
- Made in Italy Regent Fit Glen Plaid Cotton-Wool Knit Sport Coat – $212.49 ($698)
- Washable Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $25.49 ($114.50) won’t ship until 7/4???
- Made in the USA Regent Fit Check 1818 Suit – $424.99 ($1198)
- Washable Merino Wool Long-Sleeve Polo Sweater – $25.49 ($114.50) also won’t ship until 7/4
- Washable Merino Wool V-Neck Cardigan – $59.49 ($159.50) another won’t ship until 7/4
- Aran-Knit Italian Merino Wool-Blend Shawl-Collar Cardigan – $59.49 ($169.50) ditto… 7/4 ship date.
Full disclosure: Brooks Brothers has been a mess since the bankruptcy. Just know that you might be walking into a wall of chaos by placing an order with them. For example, those washable merino v-neck sweaters won’t ship until July 4th (??), and from personal experience, those Italian made Field chukkas are a massive steal at this price… but awhile back I ordered the light brown pair (shown above) for myself, and they sent the wrong freaking color. Tread carefully here. But don’t forget to use the reactivated extra 15% off code BC1818 at checkout for those prices shown above. Big thanks to our guy John B. for the tip!
Rhone Delta Pique Performance Hidden Button Down Collar Polos – $198 / 3 pack bulk buy restock ($264)
Woo hoo! Restocked in black, navy, and white. Was out of stock for a while there. Polo of the year. Performance Pique fabric is cool, crisp, breathes, and wicks. Hidden button down collar underneath the points keeps things in line and prevents curling/pancaking out. Normally $88 a pop, which is steep, but if you buy three that drops them to $66 per. Still spendy, but worth it if you love both performance polos AND the button down collar thing. Leans more athletic in fit. Fit reference: A size medium fits my 5’10″190 lb frame pretty close to perfect. Huge thanks to our man Adam for the tip on these.
- Italian Raincoat – $240.81 ($375)
- Smart Jersey Stripe Button Down Collar Polo – $54.51 ($110)
- Made in the UK Cap Toe Oxfords – $240.81 ($349)
- Goodyear Welted Single Monks – $137.31 ($249)
- Made in England Wholecuts – $206.31 ($349)
- Goodyear Welted Longwings – $171.81 ($249)
- Goodyear Welted Chukka Boots – $171.81 ($249)
- Flexible Sole Tassel Loafers – $137.31 ($199)
“But doesn’t CT do shirts?” Yes, yes they do. BUT. They do much, much more than shirts. And they’re pretty good at that other stuff. Head here for an in person look at their Goodyear welted shoes (specifically some suede chelsea boots). Orders ship from the UK, shipping is pretty spendy, and returns will cost you an $8.95 return label fee. Which, isn’t half bad, considering it’ll have to eventually head back to the UK.
- adidas continental vegan – $55.25 ($89)
- adidas Madrid – $58.65 ($99)
- adidas TRX Vintage – $58.65 ($89)
- adidas Valencia – $63.75 ($99)
- adidas Stan Smith Vegan – $50.15 ($89)
- Nike Blazer Low suede – $58.65 ($95)
- Barbour Beacon Sports Jacket – $301.75 ($745)
- Barbour Powell Jacket – $118.15 ($300)
- Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt – $97.75 ($230)
Anyone else totally forget about END. for a while there? What a gold mine for sneakers though. They’ve got stuff you just can’t get here in the US anymore, or, never could. Just a reminder that these guys are UK based, so you’re on the hook for international returns. That’s risky. Shipping is a steep $9.99 for under $250 orders, but it’ll get here pretty quick via FedEx priority.
- Made in LA Slub long sleeve jersey polo – $89 ($118)
- Made in Canada Fine Corded Suit Jacket & Matching Trouser = $288 FINAL ($676)
- Timex + Todd Snyder The Mod Watch – $74 FINAL ($138)
- Long Sleeve Italian 55% Silk 45% Cotton knit long sleeve polo – $159 ($228)
Todd Snyder has a foot in both the timeless and the trendy camps. They just charge a lot. But that’s because their stuff is built really well. Now that said… $169 track pants (down from $248!) is… crazytown. To some of us. Okay, most of us. I think. Still love ya Todd. New items added to their sale section here. No additional discounts as of post time.
Yes Club Monaco does more than sneakers. Way more. But their clothes are often a little pricey. And their sneakers? Not pricey!
- Clarks Bushacre 3 – $88 ($110)
- GREATS Royale High – $119.99 ($199)
- Massimo Matteo 6-Eye Wingtip – $110.99 ($159)
- Nike Benassi JDI Slide – $19.96 ($24.95)
- adidas Superlite 6-Pack No Show Socks – $15 ($20)
- Nike Legend V-Neck 2.0 Short Sleeve Tee – $20 ($25)
- Nike Legend 2.0 Short Sleeve Tee – $20 ($25)
Holy smokes there’s over 7,000 items in the men’s section alone. Good to see the new Clarks Bushacre 3 in beeswax in there. Full review of it (and the other Clarks desert boot models) over here. It won the battle royal.
- A2B Lightweight Wool Blend Polo – $74.25 ($99) four colors
- GORE-TEX Solano Bike Commute Jacket – $156.75 ($209) it’s Gore-Tex Jerry!
- A2B Lightweight Wool Blend T-Shirt – $51.75 ($69) four colors
- Dallen Fleece Jacket – $96.75 ($129) also four colors
- Granville 16 Zip Urban Backpack – $135 ($180)
GORPcore that walks the walk instead of just talking the talk. Arc’teryx is expensive, rarely does sales, and is a pain to type. So, good to see a bunch of A’t gear getting a bit of a break here. Big, BIG fan of those A2B merino polos. I have a couple, and wear them often. Some report durability issues but… I just haven’t had that experience? Kinda weird reading those reviews. Are they wrestling leopards or something? Do know that there ARE some excluded items in that sale section. Which is super annoying. Why set aside a section of goods and be all like “hey this is what’s up for the code!” and then have stuff that’s NOT up for the code in there? Beats me. Code SPRING25US runs clear through 5/31.
Also worth a mention:
- GAP: 46% off just about everything with SUNSHINE and ADDON
- adidas: 25% off, but there are exclusions are all over the place. Sitewide it is not.
- EXPRESS: 40% off everything
- Ebbets Field Flannels: 20% off sitewide w/ MD21 (NFL stuff excluded)
- Old Navy: 25% off Expires 5/28
- REI: The biggest sale for them of the year, their anniversary sale, is underway
- East Dane: Up to 50% off their designer sale (so, high end fashion-y designer labels)
- Banana Republic Factory: 50% – 70% off everything + additional 20% off for cardmembers with BRCARDVIP