NOTE: We’ll be updating daily all this week as more sales roll in/deals change. So check back if so inclined. Also… if you feel like Black Friday came obnoxiously early this year… you’re right. Brands and shops across the retail spectrum are reporting a quantifiable decline in demand. That situation has caused tangible anxiety within the retail industry, which has resulted in an “every brand/shop for themselves!” race to get into our wallets. So yes, it feels extra-crazy this year.
Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those in to firstname.lastname@example.org. These things might change on a dime, but we’ll do our best to keep up.
- Italian Nailhead Wool Signature Suit Jacket + Matching Trouser = $360 ($600) (review here)
- Quilted Jacket – $180 ($300)
- Slim Brushed (Italian Moleskin) Traveler 5-pocket Pants – $77 ($110)
- Italian Wool Blend Topcoats – $240 ($400)
- Italian Merino Crewnecks – $48 ($80)
- Italian Melton (75% virgin wool, 25% nylon) Peacoat – $240 ($400)
- Italian Merino V-Neck Sweaters – $54 ($90)
- Diego Leather Chelsea Boots – $150 ($250)
- Italian wool-blend scarf – $60 ($100)
- Arturo Leather Chukka Boots – $150 ($250)
Starting to feel nostalgic with BR doing not one but two 40% off events in one month. Those days are long gone… except for if those days are now. The pre-holiday rush changes the rules of the game for plenty of brands, and Banana Republic is no different. Not sure what 2024 will bring, but if it was like 2023, don’t expect 40% off to come around that often. Surprised to see some of their shoes and boots included in this 40% off. Usually those are excluded.
- Flint and Tinder 365 Corduroy Pant – $59 ($118) Five colors, three fits
- Greys Outdoor Slipper Boots – $64 ($108) review here
- Made in the USA Victory Sportswear Speed Runner – $175 ($250)
- Huckberry Made in Japan Acrylic, Wool, Nylon, Spandex Beanies – $19 ($30)
- Relwen Quilted Insulated Tanker Jacket – $206 ($318)
- Taylor Stitch Moleskin Sportcoat in Forest – $262 ($328)
- Rhodes Owen Moc Toe Boots – $223 ($298)
- asics Gel-Quantum 360 Sneaker in Dark Sepia/Greige – $144 ($170)
Update: They’ve added 180 new items to their Black Friday sale. Previous items still seem to be getting those big cuts, which is nice. Thought those prices were gonna expire, but for now, those sale prices appear to be “sticky” for the event. Nice to see the 365 cords almost half off. Those GREYS outdoor slipper boots being (still) down to sixty-four bucks is also very welcome considering the season. If you jumped on something during their 15% off sitewide sale and it snuck into this Black Friday event at a lower price, try requesting a price adjustment. Kinda stinks to have to do that with some of the items, but that’s how it goes during the big Black Friday push just about everywhere. As the intro said… it’s chaotic. Everywhere.
- Fifth Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords w/ Leather Sole – $199 ($399)
- Fifth Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $199 ($425)
- Dalton Wingtip Boots w/ Leather Sole – $249 ($495)
These are first quality. NOT Factory 2nds. So free shipping and free returns and there shouldn’t be any “minor cosmetic blemish” to put up with, as is the case with Factory 2nds. It’s been a good long while since a pair of wheelhouse firsts from Allen Edmonds went for under $200. Yes it has happened before, (the Fifths are notorious for hitting $199 sporadically over the past half decade…) but it’s been more than a minute. Fifth Avenues are available in either leather sole or the grippy but subtle Dainite option. The on-sale Daltons are only available with the leather sole.
- Lightweight Faux Suede Bomber Jacket – $27 ($45)
- Solid Woven 90% Poly, 10% Wool Shirt Jacket – $30 ($50)
Just launched on Thanksgiving. Find a bunch of in-person reviews of outerwear (and a lot more) over here in the big Target Goodfellow & Co Fall/Winter round up.
- 32″ inseam Commission Slim-Fit Pant – $99 FINAL ($128)
- 34″ inseam Commission Slim-Fit Pant – $99 FINAL ($128)
- Metal Vent Tech Midweight Half Zip – $79 FINAL ($118)
- Evolution Short-Sleeve Polo Shirt Pique – $59 FINAL ($88)
- Metal Vent Tech Polo Shirt 2.0 – $49 FINAL ($88)
There’s some savings on their soon to be retired Commission pants (don’t worry, they’ve just made some tweaks and are now calling them the ABC Trouser)… but everything is final sale. No returns or exchanges unless you’re a member, and then you can return in-store for credit only. (That’s… sort of annoying.) So be sure/be a repeat customer that’s familiar with their products and how they fit, or skip this one. Because while lululemon almost never puts some of this stuff on sale… the savings aren’t enormous. So taking this kind of risk for someone new to the brand seems silly. Honestly kind of giving them the side-eye for this one.
As good as it gets for them. And whatever magic they’re using to make their super soft yet still durable feeling leather, it’s pretty incredible. Full review of the Woodward Briefcase can be found here.
- 95% wool / 5% Cashmere Ludlow topcoats – $269.50 ($548) 51% off, three colors
- Ludlow Slim-fit shawl-collar tuxedo jacket in velvet – $244.50 ($348) 29% off… could drop lower on Cyber Mon?
- Marled rugged merino wool-blend half-zip sweater – $54.50 ($110) 50% off
- Cashmere beanie – $44.50 ($98) 54% off
- Solid cashmere scarf – $48.50 ($98) 51% off
- Double-breasted shawl-collar cable-knit wool cardigan sweater – $119.50 ($248) 52% off
- Slim midweight flannel workshirt – $56.50 ($118) 52% off
- Rugged merino wool-blend cardigan sweater – $79.50 ($150) 50% off
- Stretch chinos in slim, or straight fit – $69.50 ($89.50)
Thursday Update: This has changed. Their (usually excluded) stretch chinos are still getting twenty bucks off, but the other part of the offer (the Black Friday specials) has, in fact, changed a bit. Topcoats are now 51% off. The previously mentioned legacy blazer in Italian wool flannel has disappeared from their site. Cashmere accessories (beanies and scarves) are now half off. Scheduled to end Saturday, so something different may be on the way for Cyber Monday.
- Vitale Barberis Italian Wool Blend Arlecchino Tie – $28 ($35)
- Pinpoint Solid White Non-Iron Dress Shirt – $44 ($55)
- Pinpoint Solid Light Blue Non-Iron Dress Shirt – $44 ($55)
- 90% cotton / 10% wool Cable Shawl Cardigan Burgundy Sweater – $78.40 ($98)
No code needed. Discount gets automatically applied at checkout. Those Italian wool ties (fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico no less) sure do look all kinds of cold-weather-great.
- Q Timex GMT Swiss Quartz 38mm – $160.30 ($229) review here
- Gray Online-Exclusive M79 Automatic 40mm – $209.30 ($299)
Timex has been running this 30% off for a couple of days now, but just overnight added some new watches. And add they did, with the Q GMT being the real stand out.
- Wool Flannel Dress Pants – $156.24 ($248) Slim, Classic, or Traditional Fit
- Merino Wool Stand Collar Camouflage Zip Cardigan – $250.74 ($398)
- Italian Wool Explorer Line Suit jackets and matching trousers = $501.48 ($796) medium gray, blue, light gray
Black Friday Update: Was 30% off earlier in the week, then 40% off on Thanksgiving, and now here on Black Friday it’s 30% off + an additional 10% off that discounted price. That = 37% off.
As deep a discount Ledbury will run all year. Their flagship MTO non-iron, the Sanders, was just featured in our Skimp Spend Splurge – White Dress Shirts round up. Ledbury’s Made To Order (MTO) program allows you to pick from four different fit templates, neck and sleeve sizing that provides sleeve length options down to the half inch, and you get to pick one of six(!) collar styles. For those who want versatility, go with their mid-spread-dress option. The Ledbury Mid Spread collar is known as one of if not the best in the business. Looks great dressed up with a tie, but also excels when worn without a tie thanks to the combination of good structure and their famously slightly lowered second button. Shipping isn’t free (it’s $15 since they ship direct from the factory overseas,) and delivery will take 2-3 weeks as they make the shirt once the order comes in.
- Jetsetter Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer in Plum Plaid – $332.50 ($475)
- Japanese Selvage Stretch Jeans – $125.30 ($179)
- Chanteclair Merino/Nylon Turtleneck Sweater – $90.30 ($129)
- Stretch Corduroy Chino in green “YETI OR NOT” – $104.30 ($149)
- Jetsetter Unconstructed British Tweed Blazer – $245 ($475) already on sale, but not final sale yet
- Jetsetter Italian Cotton Knit Blazer – $209.30 ($350) already on sale, but not final sale yet
Bonobos seems to be proof that Black Friday – Cyber Monday is just different this time. Yes they switched owners this year, but in the past they have always ran a Black Friday deal (30% off), and then something a touch better on Cyber Monday (35% off). Could they switch it up on the fly? Perhaps, but the fine print on this 30% off deal says it runs clear through Cyber Monday (11/27.) So it seems pretty fair to assume that 35% off isn’t coming. Again. It feels legitimately different this year. Usual exclusions apply: “Excludes Icon Status styles of Original Stretch Washed Chinos, Stretch Washed Chinos 2.0, and Stretch Weekday Warrior Dress Pants.”
No better time to see what all the fuss is about. If you had to pick one type/model of socks that you’d be forced to wear with everything for the rest of your life… from working out to wearing with a suit and tie… these are the socks. No really. “The Standard” from Darn Tough are those socks. Perfect for casual, smart casual, and/or dressed to the nines. They do it all. Made in the USA, extra cushioning protects without being overly bulky, made from temperature regulating and moisture wicking merino wool. Machine wash gentle and tumble dry low. And now for the skeptical, Darn Tough is running a free shipping no minimum promo through Sunday. So for those who are like “there’s no way ONE pair of socks can be worth $26…” … now’s not a bad time to pick up just one pair to see for yourself. Or don’t. But free shipping usually won’t kick in until $50. So this is the time for those who want to buy a pair of socks, and just one pair of socks.
- Clarks Bushacre 3 Chukka Boot – $56.69 ($89.99) review here, shown above in beeswax which probably isn’t the same but could look close to the “coffee brown” DSW carries
- Puma Super Liga OG Retro – $44.09 ($69.99)
- Anthony Veer Jefferson Chelseas – $90.71 ($143.99)
- Anthony Veer Wilson Chukkas – $88.19 ($139.99) review here
UPDATE: For Black Friday they’ve given this 30% off an extra bit of juice by way of an additional 10% off. So grand total is 37% off.
- All Wool, Half-Canvas, Red Label Suits – $268.20 ($298) medium gray, navy, charcoal, etc. … review here
- Italian Dark Navy Donegal Wool Peacoat – $430.20 ($478)
- 100% Merino Aran Knit Crewneck – $115.20 ($128)
- 100% Merino Chunky Cardigans – $178.20 ($198)
The stunner of this sale from Spier is that their new base-line (but still half canvas) Red Label suits are included. Those almost never go on sale, as they were created specifically to maximize the quality to price ratio. Full review here. Also surprising is to see their chunky merino shawl collars go on sale long before the new year hits. All picks above happen to be getting 10% off. Remember, when any brand or store says “up to XYZ% off” that truly means “up to.” So a lot of what Spier has on sale is ten percent or fifteen percent off. But still… for Spier, that’s quite good.
Can’t recall the last time Rancourt did a sitewide sale. (Probably last Black Friday.) Made in the USA of course.
- Modern Khakis in Slim Fit, Straight Fit, or Athletic Tapered Fit – $26.97 ($59.95) w/ ADD10
- Recycled Wool-Blend Topcoat – $99 ($248) 60% off
- Cords in Slim Fit or Straight Fit – $25 ($69.95) 60% off
It’s fifty percent off just about everything with a sneaky extra 10% off taken with that ADD10 code. There are some other better deals scattered about, but it seems like the extra 10% off isn’t applying to those.
- Invicta Japanese Automatic Pro Diver 9403 – $68.65 ($80ish) not sure if it has the etched “INVICTA” on the side though.
- Amazon Essentials Slim Fit Henleys – $11.80 ($16.90)
- Amazon Essentials Men’s Packable Lightweight Water-Resistant Puffer Jackets – $41.70 ($46.50)
- Holme & Hadfield watch deck pro – $55.85 (w/ extra 5% off coupon code box checked)
To say it feels scattershot would be an understatement. That’s Amazon for you.
Discount depends on the model you’re looking after. Their bestselling RS02 is just a shade under 20% off, which isn’t bad considering they sell boatloads of those things, and for good reason. See the in-person review of them here.
- Commuter Shirts – $103.50 ($138)
- Commuter Long Sleeve Polo – $81 ($98) grey or black, same fabric as the commuter shirts
- Short Sleeve Delta Pique Polos – $66 ($88)
No exclusions. And it appears they really mean no exclusions. Includes the (never on sale) commuter shirts and Rhone delta pique polos in wheelhouse colors like white, black, light blue, and navy. Rhone’s polos and button downs aren’t cheap, but they’re pretty awesome. The commuter line is made from a super soft, super stretchy Italian performance fabric, and they come with hidden button down collars. The Delta Pique polos are also all-performance fabric that wicks and breathes, but that line’s fabric has a mesh-like pique weave. Again, they cost a pretty penny even on sale, but if you run warm and/or just don’t like the feel of cotton/prefer all of the advancements in tech-based performance casual and smart-casual -ear, then these polos and button downs are as good as it gets. Just know that the o.g. commuter doesn’t look right with a necktie. They’re more of a casual to smart casual shirt. Rhone is trying to rectify that with their new “commuter mid weight pro”, but those are close to sold out at post time.
- Black & Gunmetal Supreme NATO strap – $30.60 ($34) shown above
- Bond (olive/red/black) Supreme NATO strap – $30.60 ($34)
- Repp Supreme NATO Strap – $23.80 ($34)
- “Vintage Bond” Supreme NATO strap – $30.60 ($34)
- Black & Desert Supreme NATO strap – $30.60 ($34)
Crown & Buckle’s NATO straps are a step above. They get mentioned all the time, and deservedly so. They almost never do sales. And to see some of their bestsellers getting a few bucks off for the big Black Friday – Cyber Week push is quite nice. Prices can vary depending on what width you’re after. Make sure you know for sure the lug width of the watch you’re shopping for.
- Rotation Chinos – 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex – $21.99 ($44.99) shown very top center in “panther”
- Puffer Vest for Men – $21.99 ($44.99)
- Cloud 94 Soft Go-Dry Cool T-Shirts – $8.49 ($16.99) size shown above = medium on 5’10″/185
- Waffle-Knit Built-In Flex Henley T-Shirt for Men – $12.49 ($24.99)
Pour one out for the Old Navy employees who are working in-store and on the floor on Black Friday. That’s a lot of chaos. Nice to see they included their classic, 98% cotton/2% spandex rotation chinos in this one.
- Polarized Matte tortoise shell wayfarer style non-slip sunglasses – $18.75 ($25) shown above
- Polarized Matte all black “Back-9-Blackout” polarized wayfarer style non-slip sunglasses – $18.75 ($25) featured over here in the big travel post.
As cheap as super-comfortable, non-slip, yet still classic looking performance sunglasses get. Sure the logo is kinda blobby/goofy/less than refined. But that’s not their brand/tone. They are goofballs. Proud goofballs. Free shipping too with the code FREEFLAMCHALLENGESHIP. Yes, that’s the code.
- Tiro 23 League Jackets – $33 ($50) six colors
- Tiro 23 League Pants – $30 ($50) six colors
- adilette aqua slides – $11 ($28)
- UltraBoost Light Gore-Tex – $165 ($220)
- Pureboost 23 – $63 ($100)
Weirdly enough, there’s some extra savings depending on the item for members if they log in. It just keeps getting more complicated… everywhere.
- Architect’s Wallet – $52.36 ($68)
- Writetime Wallet – $52.36 ($68)
- Field Notes Wallet – $83.16 ($108)
- JetSet Passport Wallet – $83.16 ($108)
Made in the USA leather goods. Terrific Horween leathers. Super smart designs. Only a few exclusions (FFFolio, SimpliFFFy sale watches, Three-way women’s bag, etc). Ends Monday.
- Goodfellow Comfort Fit Slim Stretch Jeans (cotton/poly/viscose/spandex) – $28 ($40) reviewed here
- Goodfellow Slim Straight Corduroy 5-Pocket Pants – $22.40 ($32)
- All in Motion 75% cotton / 25% poly Ponte Joggers – $21 ($30)
- Goodfellow Slim Fit Chinos – $21 ($30) all the colors you’d expect
And you don’t have to be a member of their Target Circle rewards club to play along. Limited selection though. No All in Motion golf pants or performance polos in this one. 30% off runs through Saturday, so it feels like Target may be cooking something up slightly different for Sunday and Cyber Monday.
The Pick: Made in the USA 100% Merino NATO Watchcap – $38.40 ($48)
Yes Oak Street is famous for their really (really) nice boots. But their “1975” reissue NATO watchcaps and scarves are brilliant. They even make them on the vintage machines that used to crank out hats and scarves for NATO forces back in the 70s.
Made in Portugal. Most models are Blake stitched. Jack Erwin has been around for a bit, and they’re one of the few brands making dress shoes that list for the low $200s/can dip under with the rare sale. That’s rare air. Because it’s sort of the middle ground. And it’s the middle that’s been squeezed this past decade+. Yet Jack Erwin has been doing their best to hold strong.
- The Mariner Coat in Tarnished Copper Wool – $358.40 ($448)
- The Mariner Coat in Port Plaid Wool – $358.40 ($448)
- The Ridgewood Cardigan in Navy Birdseye Wool – $158.40 ($198)
- The Carnegie Pant in Charcoal Heather Wool – $134.40 ($168)
Should be free shipping/free returns on the 20% off stuff, but anything with a deeper discount than that should be tagged as “last call” and thus can’t be returned or exchanged.
- Timex x Todd Snyder Automatic Utility Ranger – $181.30 ($259)
- Timex x Todd Snyder MK-1 Jetstream – $96.60 ($138)
- Made in the USA Tipped Montauk Polo – $55.30 ($108)
- 100% Cashmere Hoodie – $251.30 ($468)
Thursday Update: They’ve bumped it up from 25% off to 30% off, with an additional 30% off also being applied to stuff that’s already on sale. Watch out for Final Sale items in that sale section if you head that way. Anything tagged as Final can’t be returned or exchanged.
More than just shoes. There’s lots of apparel stuck in there too. Like, lots. The Nike product catalog continues to be enormous.
- Wool/Poly Blend “Tweed” Shawl Collar Cardigan – $41.60 ($52)
- Long Wool Blend Coat in Black Plaid – $96 ($120)
- Quilted Corduroy Jacket – $54.40 ($68)
- Grayson Trousers (52% cotton / 30% poly / 16% viscose rayon / 2% elastane) – $32 ($40)
Lots of good looking new arrivals too. Do please have a look at the fabric composition before you click “buy.” That’s where they save some significant money over their big brother, mainline Banana Republic. The feel of BRF stuff just won’t be the same. But it sure is less expensive.
The Combo Pick (to trip the $400 threshold):
$324.64 Total ($405.80)
Steep threshold with most of their boots costing in the mid to high $300s, but a quick trip to the shoe-care section should satisfy that $400 requirement. That Saphir Renovateur is terrific. And it certainly makes for a pretty good way to save $55 on a pair of Grant Stone’s flagship Diesel Boots. Full review of those Crimson CXL Diesel Boots can be found here.
- Merino Wool Proper Blazer – $261.75 ($349)
- Rubber Sole Grain Leather Chelsea Boots – $209.25 ($279)
- Rubber Sole Leather Chukka Boots – $209.25 ($279)
- Merino Full Zip-Through Cardigan – $111.75 ($149)
CT does more than shirts, although many are familiar with them because of their perpetually running multi buy shirt deals (the most famou being 3 for $99 if you see a targeted add, get a snail mail postcard with a code on it, see it on their FB page, etc.) Their merino sweaters are of particular note. Shipping can get pricey though, as it comes from the UK.
- Made in Maine 8″ Bean Boots – $134.10 ($149) review here
- Made in the USA Essential Leather Belt – $40.45 ($44.95) review here
Runs through Tuesday. LL Bean doesn’t do perpetual promos or codes, so to get any sort of discount on their USA made classic Bean Boots is worth a mention. Same goes for their awesomely-priced USA made essential belts.
RE Bean Boot Sizing: Here’s a few tips from our guy Jason from his review:
Sizing is a bit wonky and can be confusing:
- With light or midweight socks: Whole sizes, order one size down. Half sizes, order 1½ size down. (Example: 9 or 9½, order a size 8)
- With heavyweight socks: Whole sizes, order your normal size. Half sizes, order one size down. (Example: 9 or 9½, order a size 9.)
- Grey Super 110s Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Suit – $599 ($699)
- Charcoal Super 110s Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Suit – $599 ($699)
- Navy Super 110s Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Suit – $599 ($699) looks a little more “bright” navy than deep dark navy?
Limit one use (read: one suit) per customer. Oliver Wicks is one of those companies where you take a bunch of measurements of yourself, input them into their platform, pick a fabric and a bunch of customizations like lapels, pleats, linings and what not, and then they ship you a suit later on down the line. These types of companies can be great for guys who just don’t fit into standard “Drop” zones. (Many off the rack suits have a 6″ drop, which means you buy a 40R jacket, and you’re stuck with a 34 waist trouser.) Personal experience has been positive. The fabric is great, the construction is nice, and while the buttons (to me) look a little “meh” close up, the suit looks sharp overall. Pretty good fit out of the box too.