This post will be updated as more sales roll in. Weirdly enough, Presidents’ Day weekend is traditionally the first “big” retail promotions event of the year. The holidays are long gone, while winter clearance stock has dwindled. It’s not quite spring, but any excuse is good enough for stores and brands. So yeah. Presidents’ / President’s / Presidents Day. Here we are. As always, picks are limited to items with at least a decent size selection at post time unless otherwise noted.
- Navy Italian Travel Wool Twill Sportcoat – $286.40 ($428)
- Gray Italian Travel Wool Twill Sportcoat – $286.40 ($428)
- Rust Donegal 80% Wool, 14% Silk, & 6% Nylon Sportcoat – $278.40 ($398) cold weather
- Rust 3-roll-2 button(s) unstructured 85% Wool, 9% Silk, 6% Linen V.B.C. Sportcoat – $278.40 ($398) warm weather
- Cream Super 130s wool Shawl Collar Dinner Jacket – $366.40 ($458) “are my eyes really brown?“
- Sage Green Linen Knit Sportcoat – $238.40 ($298)
No code needed here. And some of them have already received a significant discount, so that extra 20% off is extra nice. Highlights have to be those Italian travel wool-twill blazers. Those look terrific, and year-round ready.
- Nike Court Vision Mid Next Nature – $63.75 ($85)
- Nike Air Force 1 ’07 – $82.50 ($110)
- Air Jordan 1 Low – $82.50 ($110)
- Nike Air Max Flyknit Racer Next Nature – $120 ($160)
- Nike Metcon 8 – $97.50 ($130)
- Nike Air Max Dawn – $51.72 ($115)
- The Nike Polo – $56.25 ($75)
- Nike Dri-FIT Legend T-Shirt – $22.50 ($30)
- Nike Sportswear Tribute Men’s N98 Jacket – $47.97 ($85)
Seems like everyone is trying to incentivize us on the customer end to join their rewards programs, email lists, etc… Maybe with a potential recession looming, there’s some data that shows that’s a way for companies to close the gap? Don’t know. That’s pure speculation. But at least Nike is opening this up to those who DON’T want to create an account with them on their site/app. Albeit 20% off for those who don’t sign up, and 25% for those who have an account. Prices above reflect the 25% off, because an educated guess says most of us have a Nike account or aren’t overly adverse to creating one.
Sneaky, J. Crew. Very Sneaky. This just launched, it’s a part of an “up to 50% off wear now styles” section, and it’s in addition to the 40% off select full priced items code WEEKEND that’s running right now. Confusing, yes. Lots going on.
RE the polos: Slub fabric gives it a bit of texture and encourages airflow. Garment dyed for that vintage look, without looking worn out. Tons of colors to pick from. Three button placket + pocket keeps it from looking like a super basic “uniform” polo you’d see school kids wear. It’s intentional, it’s got a bit of style, but it doesn’t shout. Size shown above is a large slim fit on 5’10″/190.
- Wallace & Barnes Corduroy Chore Jacket – $138.60 ($198)
- Camden loafers with leather soles (item BJ009) ‘ $148.80 ($248)
- Cotton/Poly/Elastane Tech pants in Slim, Straight or Athletic Fit – $58.80 ($98)
- SLIM or Classic garment-dyed slub cotton crewneck T-shirts ‘ $21.90 ($36.50)
Proof that J. Crew is doing more than one thing right now. Full picks here if you’d like them. Will keep an eye on their sale section to see if they add anything new/worthwhile over the next few days.
- Slim Fit Goodfellow Jeans – $26.39 ($32.99) indigo (shown), galaxy blue, grey, or light wash
- Slim Fit Lightweight Colored Goodfellow Jeans – $28.80 ($36) four colors
- Athletic Fit Goodfellow Jeans – $26.39 ($32.99) six colors/washes
Still rolling, but worth another mention as we’re heading into jeans season.
- Light Blue Slim Fit 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex OCBD – $21.10 ($24.90)
- White Slim Fit 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex OCBD – $24.80 ($28.90)
- Men’s Hooded Fleece Sweatshirt – $22.50 ($24.90)
- Men’s Performance Stretch Quilted Active Jacket – $30.50 ($36)
As Amazon continues to morph into some sort of odd hybrid between the home shopping network and Ross Dress for Less, we’re gonna see less cohesiveness when it comes to their sales. Like, this one. Prices depend on color, and sometimes size of what you’re after. Okay then. I suppose this is what happens when one lets the robots do the work.
- Wool Blend “Miracle” Jacket – $156 ($195) four colors to choose from
- The Cotton Miracle Brilliant Blue Jacket – $132 ($165)
And that includes both their cotton and wool blend “Miracle” jackets. Full review of the wool blend option(s) can be found here. The light gray option shown above is a size 36R on Ryan who is 5’9″/155lbs (and for a fit perspective, he said a 36R was a touch too tight for him, so he’d either have to size up or have it let out by a tailor.)
- Flint and Tinder USA Made Wool-Lined Waxed Trucker Jacket in Field Tan – $286 ($358)
- Flint and Tinder Quilted Waxed Shirt Jacket in Black – $238 ($288)
- Wellen Seawool Fisherman Shawl Cardigan Sweater in “Otter” – $111 ($148)
- Taylor Stitch Exclusive Apres Pant in Charcoal Waffle – $83 ($118)
- PROOF Moonweight Quilted Shirt Jacket – $138 ($198)
- Barbour Hoxton Liddesdale Quilted Jacket – $210 ($280)
- Relwen Quilted Tanker Jacket – $208 ($298)
So Sunday night was the last night of Huckberry’s Annual Winter Sale, and they snuck in some new stuff on the sly (if you’re on their text list, you might have gotten a notification). Yet… There was a large sporting event happening on Sunday, and no one was really paying attention. Thus? Those new items are still in their sale section. WHAT A WORLD. Anyway, it’s mostly coats/jackets. Which makes sense being that we’re headed towards spring.
- Two 1818 Suits for $1599 (normally $1098+ per, discount drops them to $799.50 per)
- Regular-Fit Hopsack Sport Coat – $299.99 ($548)
- Wool Nordic Half-Zip Sweater – $69 ($228)
- Stretch Regent Regular-Fit Dress Shirt, Non-Iron Pinpoint Oxford – $49.99 ($118)
- Cashmere V-Neck Sweater – $129.99 ($328)
Two separate things going on here. First there’s a small-ish (but still interesting) selection of goods set aside getting some pretty significant cuts. And second would be their ongoing, and still worth mentioning again, two made in Italy or the USA 1818-line suits for $1599. Those normally run $1100ish or more a pop.
- Lived in chinos in slim, straight, or athletic – $42.50 ($70) four colors
- Slim traveler pants – $40 ($80) four colors
- Honeycomb cotton jacket – $45 ($90)
- Dress Shirts in Slim or Athletic fit – $37.50 ($75) multiple colors/patterns
- Geo Shawl Collar Cardigan – $65 ($130)
First and very much foremost, don’t sign up for an additional credit card at a retailer just to save a few bucks. With interest rates on the rise you’re gonna want to protect your credit score at all costs. Second, a reminder that BR Factory is not identical to Banana Republic. Same company, but this is their step down, more affordable version. So fabrics and fits might not be exactly the same. Translation: A bit cheaper. An example would be this suit jacket. It’s all synthetic (mostly poly). And like many other “outlet” styled brands, they’re almost always on significant sale. But 50% off is pretty good. No experience with the just-in stuff, but in the past their basics (and more) have impressed. Exclusions apply, as they always do at BRF.
- Charcoal Glen Check Made in Portugal 96% Virgin Wool, 4% Elastane Suit – $518 ($876)
- Pinstripe cotton/wool Utility jogger – $144 ($298)
- Made in Canada Garment Dyed Sweatshirt Cardigan – $94 FINAL ($198)
- Black Camo Made in the USA Pocket Sweatshirt – $84 FINAL ($168) ideas on how to wear it, here.
- Made in the USA Victory Sportswear Speedrunner – $189 ($250) limited sizes
- Made in Italy Nomad Chukkas in Bluish grey suede – $94 FINAL ($248) limited sizes, review here in a different color
Watch out for final sale stuff. Anything tagged as such can’t be returned or exchanged. Todd Snyder is the King of “just different enough.” He’s also the king of… “that looks cool but I’m not sure if I could pull that off and HOLY COW LOOK AT THE PRICE!” … so yeah. ¯\_(ãƒ„)_/¯
- Merino Wool Proper Blazer – $279.20 ($349)
- Merino zip-thru hoodies – $95.20 ($119)
- Non Iron Poplin in White or Sky Blue – $44.75 if you buy 4 shirts/polos ($99)
- Non Iron Poplin in Sky Blue – $44.75 if you buy 4 shirts/polos ($99)
- LONG sleeve “Smart” Jersey Polos w/ hidden button down collar – $44.75 if you buy 4 shirts/polos ($109)
- SHORT sleeve “Smart” Jersey Polos w/ Hidden Button Down Collar – $44.75 if you buy 4 shirts/polos ($109)
You should be able to mix and match on the shirts/polos deal. Meaning you can buy 2 polos and 2 shirts and still get the multi-buy discount. But you still have to buy four items in total. Be aware that shipping is spendy, since CT stuff ships from the U.K. Expect an additional $15 – $18 at checkout for that. And know that while those “smart” jersey polos are incredibly smooth, soft, and the hidden button down collar is perfect… follow the laundering instructions. They can shrink up a bit in the wash if you’re not careful.
adidas: 30% off for members w/ SCORE (expires 2/15)
- Gazelle 85 – $91 ($130)
- Ultraboost DNA XXII – $79.80 ($190)
- Retropy E5 – $54.60 ($130)
- Grand Court 2.0 – $39.20 ($70)
- Essentials 3 Stripe Track Top – $30.80 ($55)
- Essentials 3 Stripe Track Pants – $25.20 ($45)
Reasonably sure this goes live to the general public on 2/16. But until then you’ll need to be logged into your account. And stock at adidas can move fast. So if items sell out, don’t be surprised. Exclusions apply. Because of course they do with adidas, and yes the new Stan Smith Lux are excluded. Still worth a look if you’re a fan of adidas. And if the item’s already on sale, then know you’ll get an additional 30% off at checkout. Math above reflects that.
- City Sweat Jogger – $59 – $89 FINAL ($118) above ankle length for 32″-34″ inseam
- Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0 – $39 FINAL ($79) weird colors only
- Down for It All Vest – $99 FINAL ($148)
- Water-Repellent Full-Zip Sweater – $129 FINAL ($248)
Relative to them, it’s decent. Not amazing. But… okay. It’s okay! Their “we made too much” section is never overflowing. They’re too popular. And remember, it’s all final sale. No returns. None.
Enormous savings, but an enormous wait-time. That’s how you pay for that wholesale level of pricing. Still made in Maine. More than a handful of models available. For the “buy less buy better” crowd.
Also worth a mention…
- Taylor Stitch: Their last-call final sale section is pretty stocked up right now.
- Suitsupply: Lots of new spring arrivals are coming in.
- Ledbury: 30% off MTO shirts w/ SHIRTY30
- DSW: $10 off $49, $20 off $99, $60 off $199 w/ FABULOUSFEB
- Nordstrom: Their Winter Sale is underway, but for as large as their sale section is… stock seems picked over at post time. They still do have black Rhone Delta Pique Polos for $66 ($88)
- J. Crew: They’ve bumped up their final sale offer to an extra 60% off with the code WEEKEND. Expires Sunday, and yes, final sale means no returns or exchanges. $23 cashmere hat anyone?
- Target: New warm weather Goodfellow & Co. items are starting to arrive