Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Happy Columbo Day Weekend!
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit jacket in Italian wool ‘ $119.99 FINAL ($425)
- Pacific fleece kangaroo-pocket sweatshirt – $19.99 FINAL ($69.50)
- Cashmere Herringbone Sweater Blazer – $88.79 FINAL ($348)
- Slub Pocket T-Shirt in Stripe – $11.49 FINAL ($39.50)
- Rockwell Razors X J.Crew razor – $21.19 FINAL ($60)
- MWC G10LM watch – $33.99 FINAL ($95)
- 484 Slim-fit stretch jean in seven-year wash – $32.79 FINAL ($128)
- 7″ rugby jersey short – $9.19 FINAL ($69.50)
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit pant in English wool-cotton twill – $49.99 FINAL ($128)
As deep as the extra % off sale styles deals get at J. Crew. And they’re claiming new additions to the sale section (*scrolls through entire sale section*)… it’s kinda “mneh.” There are some new sale items in there, yes, but nothing that’ll move the earth beneath your feet. And as always, it’s final sale when it gets to this level of price slashing. So no returns. None. Zilch. You’re stuck with it. Be warned.
- Park Avenue Cap-toe Oxford – $296.25 ($395)
- Strand Cap-toe Oxford with Combination Tap Sole – $318.75 ($425)
- Marin Double Monk Strap with Dainite Rubber Sole – $249.97 ($425)
- Carlyle Plain-toe Oxford – $296.25 ($395)
- Combination Cedar Shoe Trees – $22.50 ($30)
- Dalton Wingtip Dress Boot – $285 ($475)
You need to log-in, but once you do that, you’re good for a preview of the Rediscover America Sale. Not sure when it goes live to the public. Be warned that prices aren’t as low as they have been in years past, but then again, the last few years have seen more than a little panic among brands who sell dressed-up stuff. Park Avenues for more than $100 off is a nice treat. Still far from cheap, but they usually are stuck above $300 even during the Rediscover America Sale.
- Travel Pants in Slim or Athletic Fit – $32 ($80) in person review in our round up here
- Slim Fine Wale Corduroy Shirt – $29.99 ($65) 6 colors, excluded from the 60% off but still a nice price
- Peacoat in “60% wool, 30% polyester, 10% other” – $110 ($275)
- Marled Shawl Collar Sweater in 55% cotton, 40% nylon, 5% wool – $32 ($80)
- Vegan Suede Bomber Jacket – $56 ($140) review of the spring version can be found here
- Rinse Denim Jacket – $40 ($100)
SATURDAY UPDATE: And just like that they bumped it up a bit. Was 50% + an additional 15% off. Now through Monday it’s 50% + an additional 20% off that discounted price. works out to a total of 60% off. No, MSRP is rarely (if ever) hit with BR Factory goods. They’re like J. Crew Factory. “Always” on sale. But yes, more than half off (with some exclusions of course) is about where their deals peak. Prices have been updated above.
- Clarks Original Desert Boots – $78.75 ($149.95)
- Clarks Desert 2 Chukka – $78.75 ($140) head here for a breakdown and review as to just what the heck the difference is between the Original Desert and the Desert 2. TL;DR: OG desert has a (slippery when wet) crepe sole. Desert 2 is rubber.
- Gordon Rush Austin Chukka Boot – $198.75 ($265)
- adidas Stan Smith Stan Smith Low Top Sneaker – $71.25 ($100)
Well that’s random but significant. Keep an eye on Nordy’s price matching section over the next few days. With the retail-arms-race heating back up thanks to Amazon’s Prime Day 2 (Tuesday-Wednesday,) Nordy’s price matching people might be extra busy this week. And as always everything ships and returns for free.
No sale because these things never go on sale, but the rest of the colors have rolled in. An investment, but a beast. A beefcake. A beastcake. Super soft, incredibly comfortable, and something you’ll have and wear for years and years.
- Made in the USA Shell Cordovan Rancourt & Co. Longwings – $486.50 ($695)
- Rancourt Cap Toe Oxfords – $276.50 ($395)
- Regent Regular-Fit Hopsack Blazer in Green – $383.60 ($548)
- Regent Regular-Fit Italian Wool Sport Coat – $418.60 ($598)
- Regent Regular-Fit Hopsack Blazer – $383.60 ($548)
Nice deal on those Rancourts. Sale is spendy overall, but Brooks Brothers isn’t Target. And note that shirts are sort-of excluded. They’re forcing you to buy 3 in order to get the 30% off. So that kind of stinks.
Rancourt: 20% off of the Read Boat Shoe – $212 w/ READ20 ($265)
It’s a very rare sale on a Rancourt bestseller. Carolina Brown CXL leather. Timeless American prep (and American made!) style. End-of-season style, being that boats are coming out of the water in cold weather areas. So, bye bye boat shoes, for now (unless you use them indoors in the fall and winter as house shoes). Code READ20 runs through Monday.
- Sussex quilted vest with PrimaLoft – $70.80 ($118)
- Stretch chinos in 484 slim, 770 straight, or 1040 athletic – $59.62 ($79.50)
- Made in Italy MacAlister Boots – $94.80 ($158)
- Marled rugged merino wool sweater – $47.70 ($79.50)
Full picks here. Despite all the exclusions to this sale (shoes, sportcoats, suits,) it’s actually pretty good. Especially when it comes to the pants. Their stretch chinos are almost always excluded. So while it feels a little bait-and-switch-y, since 25% off the pants sure as heck ain’t 40% off, 25% off their stretch chinos is significant.
- Seiko 5 Sports Dive Style Black Silicone Strap SRPD95 – $200.60 ($295)
- Seiko 5 Sports Dive Style Blue Nylon Strap SRPD87 – $200.60 ($295)
- Seiko 5 Sports Field Style Gray Dial SRPG31 – $187 ($275)
- Seiko 5 Sports Field Style Black Dial/Tan Strap SRPG35 – $187 ($275)
Stock is still sold out on the stainless band version of the 5KX divers (often seen star of our Double Time series), but there’s a few alternatives hitting the bottom of the price range for these automatic watches.
$50 off ends today, since shipping begins tomorrow (October 7th). So it’s a bit of a pre-order. The $50 early-bird special is available until October 7th. Full review here, albeit in the sold out (for now?) cosmic grey option.
- Ultraboost 22 All Black – $127.30 ($190)
- Ultraboost 22 Navy / White – $127.30 ($190)
- Stan Smith Cloud White / Off White / Gum – $67 ($100)
- Grand Court – $43.55 ($65)
- Swift Run Core Black / Core Black / Gum – $60.30 ($90)
- Questar Flow NXT Core Black / Grey – $50.25 ($75)
- Tiro Athletic Pants – $33.50 ($50)
- Terrex Multi Hybrid Insulated Jacket – $78.39 ($117)
This one ends today, Thursday 10/6. It’s another one of those “you have to make an account with them and be logged in” sales. But once you’re in, there’s a lot in there. Everything from simple and classic, to loud and absurd.
Have you heard Amazon is doing a second Prime Day this year? You probably have. It’s this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday. GIVE US THE CHICKEN HARNESS. (Note to the newbies: That Yesito Chicken Harness was a Prime Day Deal in 2021. How it was overlooked back in July for Prime Day 2022 part I is beyond me.)
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off no exclusions + an additional 20% off when you buy 3+ styles w/ GETMORE
- DSW: $10 off $49, $20 off $99, $60 off $199 w/ HEYPUMPKIN
- Bonobos: 250+ new fall arrivals have landed on their site. No sale yet. Fingers crossed for one.
- EXPRESS: 30% – 50% off just about everything.
- Huckberry: Flint and Tinder 365 Cords – 2 for $175 (normally $98 per).
- Todd Snyder: Up to 70% off sale items w/ new markdowns added.
- Spier & Mackay: Extra 20% off select shirts and polos with code SHIRTS
- Charles Tyrwhitt: 3 Shirts or Polos for $149 w/ code GOLDEN