Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Oak Street Bootmakers: 1975 NATO Scarves & Watchcaps are in
- Made in the USA 100% wool 1975 NATO Marine Scarf – $48 ($112 / $37.33 per if you buy all three)
- Made in the USA 100% wool 1975 NATO Watch Cap – $32 ($76 / $25.33 per if you buy all three)
21% off if you buy three. (Maybe call some pals? Get an early jump on holiday shopping?) Free domestic shipping for a limited time as well. Made in the USA and complies with NATO spec. High loft, minimal itch wool. Made on the same machine used to fulfill official contracts for the US and NATO allies. As real as it gets thanks to Oak Street Bootmakers.
Huckberry: The Inaugural Fall Classic Sale (ends tonight)
- Flint and Tinder 365 Cords in Slim, Straight, or Tapered Fit – $74 ($98) five colors
- Naglev Combat Waterproof Boots –
$196$209 ($298) size up by half
- Made in Japan Acrylic-Wool Beanies –
$22$24 ($30) thirteen colors
- Wills Speckled Merino Crewneck – $69 ($98)
Last call for this one, and it’s the first time they’ve ever done this (put some of the bestsellers on sale at the start of a season.) Full picks here. And something weird happened with the Naglev and the beanies. When the sale launched those kevlar boots were $196. Now they’re $209. Beanies were $22, now $24. That’s odd. Maybe they’re working the knots out on this one since they’ve never done it before.
Banana Republic FACTORY: Rewards members = 49% off w/ BRREWARDS
- Melton Plaid Blazer – $114.40 ($190) 90% poly, just 10% wool. AND it’s excluded from the additional 15% off deal. ARGH.
- SLIM Lightweight Flannel – $33.15 ($65)
- SLIM Fine Wale Corduroy Shirt – $33.15 ($65)
- 55% cotton, 40% nylon, 5% wool Shawl Collar – $40.80 ($80)
- 60% cotton, 27% recycled polyester, 10% acrylic, 3% spandex Ribbed Crewneck Sweater – $35.70 ($70)
- Vegan Suede Bomber – $71.40 ($140)
Exclusions apply of course, but that’s pretty darn good for B.R.F. outside of big weekend sale events like Labor Day, Black Friday, etc. You do have to be a member of their rewards program (or another GAP inc. rewards program). But that’s a simple email signup/creating an account on their website. Discount jumps to 52% off for cardmembers if they use the code BRCARDVIP at checkout for an additional 20% off the 40% off price. And yes, exclusions apply. Clear is mud? Awesome.
Banana Republic (mainline): 56% off merino V-necks and Crewnecks
Meanwhile, over at big brother Banana Republic, they’re having a quiet basic-merino-sweaters sale. NOT in the final sale section either. Nope, these are tucked away in the “style spotlight, special prices” section. That’s a weird one. More than half off and not final sale at BR just doesn’t happen anymore. Except for now. With these sweaters. Weird. Sizes are scattered, so maybe that’s the issue.
Allen Edmonds: Up to 40% off Rediscover America Sale (ends… well, they don’t seem to want to tell us when it ends)
- Strand Oxfords – $296.25 ($395) 25% off
- Park Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $318.75 ($425) 25% off
- Fifth Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords w/ Dainite Rubber Sole – $255 ($425) 40% off
- Higgins Mill Weatherproof Boot – $356.25 ($475) 25% off
- Dalton Wingtip Dress Boot – $285 ($475) 40% off
Full original picks can be found here. Yes, it’s another reminder that Allen Edmonds is running one of their two big sales of the year. It’s the rare occasion where they put their bestsellers on sale, like the Strands shown above. The weird thing is that this year they don’t seem to want to tell us when the darn sale ends. In 2021 the Rediscover America Sale ran through the final Thursday of October. So if past is prologue, that means next week. But can’t seem to find any fine print that actually indicates when the Rediscover America sale ends. Odd. And strangely annoying. Didn’t they watch GI Joe? KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
Also worth a mention:
- Macy’s: Their “Lowest Prices of the Season” Watch sale is still running. Lots of Seikos at good prices in there.