Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Traveler Ranger-moc in Carolina Brown – $170 ($285)
- Traveler Ranger-moc in Natural CXL – $170 ($285)
- Chandler Longwing in Dark Brown – $235 ($395)
- Chandler Longwing in Amber – $235 ($395)
Not only is crowdfunding a thing, pre-orders for crowdfunding is a thing! We live in strange retail times. Rancourt quietly sent out an email to some of their customers saying they’re doing another limited run pre-order campaign starting June 8th. So why order now? 1. In case they fill all the pre-order slots, and 2. Everyone who reserves their spot before June 8th and then places their order when ordering opens will receive a free tin of Smith’s Leather Balm. Slots are filling up surprisingly fast. Estimated ship date on these shoes is August 16th. So you’ll have to wait more than a minute to get your new shoes. All made in the USA here.
- Men’s UA MK-1 Short Sleeve – $22.99 ($30)
- Men’s UA Tech™ Mesh 6″ Boxerjock – 2-Pack – $24.99 ($40)
- Men’s UA Elevated Woven 2.0 Shorts – $31.99 ($41.99)
- Men’s UA Tech™ Mesh 6″ Boxerjock 2-Pack – $27.99 ($45)
Any other workout fans feel their sweating habits change from drip drip to full on GUSHER in the last week or two? It’s time. Summer workout sessions = extra planning when it comes to sweat management. And that might mean new breathable, wicking gear. Can’t speak highly enough about the MK-1 tees. They’re lightweight, they’ve got plenty of stretch, and the template is perfect. They’re not loose. They’re not compression. They’re “fitted”. Just right. Ease of movement without constriction or bolts of fabric getting caught up on your limbs or in the wind. Meanwhile, it’s swamp-arse season. Don’t let it happen to you. Ditch the cotton drawers (which just holds onto sweat) and get some tech fabric underwear.
- McAllister Wingtip Oxford – $276.50 ($395)
- Courtside Suede Sneakers – $178.50 ($255) not made in the USA. But good! full review here.
- Handsewn Costa Brava Suede Camp Moc – $165 ($275) also not made in the USA
- Made in the USA by Wigwam “Merino Cool” Socks – $13.88 – $16.88 ($19.50 – $22.50)
Interesting selection here. There’s quite a bit to choose from, but it’s certainly not site wide. McAllisters for $276 though. Pretty good. That’s as low as they got during the massive Anniversary Sale. Also, the socks sale is nice. Because while getting socks usually stinks, it doesn’t if they’re the USA Made by Wigwam merino cool socks from Allen Edmonds. Those things are incredible.
- Garment-dyed slub cotton short-sleeve henley – $27.65 ($39.50)
- Lightweight sunfaded french terry sweatshirt – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Broken-in chinos in 484 slim or 1040 straight – $55.65 ($79.50)
- Wallace & Barnes Slim-fit chore blazer in cotton-linen – $112.50 ($150)
Time to eat some humble pie. On Tuesday your friendly neighborhood affordable men’s style website editor said that the usually excluded chore coat from Wallace & Barnes was pretty good for 25% off, since it’s been excluded a lot lately. And thennnn they go and INCLUDE the thing in a 30% off deal. Dammit. Code expires Sunday 6/6, of which then I’m sure J. Crew will mark those chore coats down by 35%, just to twist the knife. Or something.
The Pick: Callahan Mid Century Club Chair – $181.89 ($214)
So it seems that Target is now almost perpetually offering “up to” 25% off their flat pack inexpensive furniture. Yet the selection of just what’s getting a discount and what not seems to rotate every week. Bottom line: That chair. Want that chair. Don’t need a chair. Want that chair.
- Exclusive Timex Q + Todd Snyder Watch – $129 ($179)
- Unconstructed English Wool Plaid Sportcoat – $264 ($528)
- Vans 44 DX Blue Checkerboard sneakers – $59 ($80)
- Made in Canada Knit Chore Coat – $199 ($348)
There is some WEIRD stuff in the Todd Snyder sale section right now. There’s also some pretty darn great stuff (*all style is subjective, so, yeah) in there too.
- Flint and Tinder Quilted Flight Jacket in Navy – $102.98 ($188)
- UNLINED Made in the USA Waxed Truckers – $130.98 ($188)
- Rhodes Cooper Chelsea Boot – $108.98 ($198)
- Rhodes Darren Cap Toe Boots – $126.98 ($230)
- Rhodes Owen Moc Toe Boots – $145.98 ($265)
- Proof Waxed Station Jacket – $147.98 ($228)
- PROOF Shift Knit Tech Pullover – $63.98 ($98)
WOW a lot of stuff either: A. sold out, or B. really did very much go back up to full price after the long weekend. But there’s still quite a bit kicking around in the Huckberry sale section, if you somehow missed out on the long weekend sale.