The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below.
Amazon: Buttoned Down Brand 100% Cashmere Scarves – $13 – $15
UPDATE: And as of this morning, these things have dropped even further. $13 – $15 at post time. Was closer to $20. Just temper expectations. These aren’t going to be super thick, squishy, luxe cashmere. Not at this price. Can’t be.
The “Buttoned Down” brand is like Goodthreads, only a bit fancier. Amazon exclusive and all that. Now, the reviews are mixed on these scarves. But they are 100% cashmere. And winter is coming. Allegedly. Could be a great transitional scarf if it’s on the thin side? Or something for the fellas in the warmer climates?
GAP: 40% off everything w/ 2DAYS
- Icon Corduroy Sherpa Jacket – $76.80 ($128) multiple colors
- Striped Henley T-Shirt – $26.97 ($44.95)
- Upcycled Puffer Vest – $35.97 ($59.95)
- Ribbed Shawl Cardigan – $47.97 ($79.95)
It’s starting to look like the sherpa lined trucker is gonna be the “it” casual jacket this year. And GAP’s cord version seems to nail it. Lots of easy casual layering options here. And there appears to be no exclusions except for masks?
Nordstrom: Men’s Dresswear & More Sale is still running
- Johnston & Murphy Daley Medallion Toe Oxford – $79.90 ($169)
- Nordstrom Men’s Shop “Remy” Monk Straps – $39.98 ($99.95)
- Nordstrom Tech-Smart Trim Fit Stretch Wool Travel Sport Coat – $119.60 ($299)
- Nordstrom 3-Pack Trim Fit Non-Iron Dress Shirts – $47.40 ($118.50)
- Bonobos Jetsetter Slim Fit Knit Cotton Sport Coat – $119.20 ($298)
- 25% off select Hamilton Watches
Full picks here if you want them. And (say it with me)… it all ships and returns for free. Those Johnston & Murphy cap toe brogued oxfords are allegedly the real deal too. Here’s what reader Eric J. had to say, who also pointed out that these are available over at Nordstrom Rack for $60. No free shipping and no free returns (unless you return them to a brick and mortar Rack location) there, BUT… he DID have good things to say about them: I can confirm that they’re phenomenal for the price. Likely not resoleable, but the leather is full grain and seems much nicer than the leather on my Jack Erwins. The build and quality is probably similar to the old John W. Nordstrom shoes, but without the crazy chisel toe.
BONUS DROP: Glycine Combat Swiss Made 43mm Automatic – $259 FINAL
Not a bad price for a do anything, smart casual that can be dressed up, automatic wristwatch. 43mm here. So not small. Better for larger guys. Estimated ship date is October 26th, and all sales are final. Pretty standard stuff from the pre-order DROP site.
BONUS II Bespoke Post: Their Garment Duffel is Back – $45
For forty five bucks? Hard to beat. Might not be doing a lot of travelling right now, but even for those short car trips or long weekends? This is a great way to transport something that usually needs to be hung up. Sportcoats, suits, etc. The rolling feature really is something else. Head here for a full review. Heads up that they changed the name of it from “Propeller” to the “Halfday” garment duffel.
Also worth a mention…
- Target: Their Goodfellow & Co. Fall line is in. Review of a bunch of pieces can be found here.
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale items w/ MIDSEASON
- Hautelook: The Nordstrom owned flash sale site is running a Barbour event.
- Ledbury: They just started a bundle-buy savings deal on select shirts. 2 select shirts for $140, or 3 for $195. Now, $65 for a shirt isn’t cheap. But $65 for a Ledbury shirt? That’s a deal. Select styles though. Look for those with the note attached to them.
- Spier & Mackay: Extra 20% off sale suits w/ SUITS20