Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Slim-Fit Stretch Performance Chino Pant – $34 ($40)
- Lightweight Oxford Short in 7″ or 9″ inseams – $21.25 ($25)
- Slim-Fit 5-Pocket Chino Pant – $25.50 ($30)
It’s quiet, because I don’t think Amazon quite knows how to promote their individual clothing brands yet, but there’s some solid savings happening on already super-affordable Goodthreads clothes. Shorts were $25-$30, and are now $21. Pants were $35 – $40, and are now $25 – $34. Review of this stuff can be found here. How to wear it can be found here. Note that you MUST be a Prime member to shop their exclusive brands. But, that also means it’ll get to you in two days and you get free returns.
- Lightweight Stretch Chinos – $62.40 ($78)
- Lightweight Travel Jeans – $70.40 ($88)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $320 – $360 ($400 – $450)
Remember the eclipse? Seems like that 20% off code is still running strong at Bonobos. And their new… redesigned (?) light weight chinos are in. This might not please everyone. The redesign. Now 62% Cotton, 24% Polyester, 12% Rayon, 2% Spandex. I’m thinking these are gonna be like BR’s core temp. But UNLIKE the core temp, these come in more than just a slim fit. Athletic and straight fits are also available.
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit jacket in cotton-linen – $99.45 ($168)
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured blazer & matching pant in stretch seersucker – $157.25 ($266)
- The Ludlow shawl-collar tuxedo jacket in Italian wool + matching pant – $469.20 ($790)
- Goodyear welted cap toe Italian Leather oxfords – $165.75 ($295)
J. Crew has been running some one-day deals this week, and today’s is actually pretty decent. Yes, it’s an “up to” sale (meaning, the actual discounts don’t have to be anywhere near half off) but if you’re a fan of their un-suits? Their unconstructed, lightweight, summertime blazers? Today’s a good day. Shown above is the ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit jacket in cotton-linen in the color “deep water.” Want a how to wear it post? Sure. We have one of those. That’s right over here. Also, those Goodyear welted, cap toe oxfords are down to $165.75. That’s a straight up steal. More info on those, over here, in our annual best dress shoes under $200 post.
- Slim Fit Stretch Wool Patterned Year’rounder Trousers – $65.40 ($109)
- Tailored Fit Half-Canvas Italian Wool Blazer – $179.40 ($299)
- Volley Swim Trunks in 8″ Print or Solid, or 6″ Print – $23.97 ($39.95)
- Tailored Fit Comfort First Cotton Oxford Sport Coat & matching Pant – $149.37 ($248.95)
- Lands’ End Tailored Fit Stretch Chino Suit and Pants – $149.37 ($169) seen here
- Lands’ End Tailored Fit Year’rounder Suit Jacket – $137.40 w/ ($229)
Not as good as their “50% off 1 item” deals, but… you can buy more than one thing! Great for buying suit separates, and being able to get a decent discount on more than one item makes it much more likely for you to trip the free shipping threshold, now that they jacked that up from $50 to $75. Meanwhile, hat tip to Brandon D. who sent in the heads up on how the long goodbye between Lands’ End and Sears might be quickening in pace.
DROP: Rancourt USA Made CXL Camp Mocs – $170 FINAL ($282)
artist website formerly known as Massdrop. Those are some spendy casual shoes. BUT, I know some of you guys are shoe hogs and you really appreciate well made footwear. Whether it’s dressed up stuff or super dressed down, as seen here. Made by Rancourt & Co. in Maine from Horween’s Chromexcel leather. Handstitched moccasin construction. Estimated ship date is July 10. Sizing suggestions are as follows: If you plan on wearing normal or no socks, consider sizing down a half size from your usual dress size. If you plan on wearing thick socks, stick with your true size. Oak Street recommends a snug fit, as the shoes will stretch to conform to your feet.
- 1901 Extra Trim Fit Chambray Sport Coat – $168
- 1901 Chambray Linen Blend Trousers – $99.50 (matches the above sportcoat to make a suit)
- Nordstrom Floral Performance Sport Shirt – $69.50
- Nordstrom Button Down Collar Polo – $29.50
- 1901 White Leather Sneakers – $99.95
- 1901 Victor 54mm Polarized Round Sunglasses – $45
- 1901 Stripe Crewneck Sweater – $69.50
- 1901 Trim Fit Mélange Cotton & Linen Sport Coat – $168
Not on sale, yet (thinking end of summer half-yearly), but still worth a mention. Big fans of Nordstrom around these parts. While other department stores are barfing all over themselves in the 21st century, Nordstrom continues to crush it in terms of style and service. Above items are all from their in-house, exclusive lines, just in for spring & summer. Efforting some in person reviews here. And since it’s Uncle Nordy, it all ships and returns for free.
Just discovered these. Sure, they’re the super basic Woodlore model with the looped cord instead of the carved out hand grab, but they’re prime fulfilled, a great basic if you’re into shoes, and made in the USA. Want a slightly nicer option? Head to Lord & Taylor and use the code MOM to drop the aforementioned carved out hand grip model to $14.99. But those don’t ship free, unless you have the Shoprunner service. Big thanks to Brandon D. for the tip!
ORRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…. Head over to Woodlore where they’re doing a buy one pair get one pair FREE sale. You get the full shoe tree (the nicer option, not nicest, nicer) for $24.95. So, with the sale, you get two for $24.95. Free shipping doesn’t kick in until $50 though. Big thanks to Simon Q. for the tip!!
Also worth a mention:
- Best Made Co: 25% off select w/ FRIENDS25
- Suitsupply: Their Black Tie Package is back, in time for wedding season. You get the tux, shirt, bow tie, AND shoes, for $799. It’s not cheap, but the savings are tangible. Buy each item separately and it all runs $1042.
- FormFunctionForm: 15% off w/ FFFingAmazingMoms (expires 5/10.)