IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much for a handful. Enjoy the long weekend fellas. And not to nag,
but come Monday, don’t forget what that day is actually about. Despite the two holidays being different,
we’re sticking with the same policy as Veterans Day come Monday. We won’t be posting.
- KNIT Wool Blend Motion Stretch Suit Jacket & Pant – $340.80 ($568)
- Slim Cotton Stretch Basketweave Blazer – $148.80 ($248)
- Waller Suede Wingtip – $95.80 ($158)
- Suede D-Ring Belt = $29.70 ($49.50)
- CORE TEMP Pant in Aiden Slim – $58.80 ($98)
- Slim Traveler Pant – $68.95 ($98.50)
- Navy Slim Motion-Stretch Cotton Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $220.80 ($368)
- Supima Cotton Stripe Sweater Polo – $38.70 ($64.50)
- Rapid Movement Jeans in Slim or Straight Fit – $82.60 ($118) multiple colors
BR’s offer for the weekend just got a whole lot better. 40% off, and now there’s no BR Merchandise exclusions. Nice. Also, if you trip the $100 threshold, you can get a bit faster than normal shipping with that BRSHIP code. Also, if you’re a cardmember, don’t forget to use the code BRCARD at checkout for an additional 10% off.
- Ludlow Stretch Italian Wool Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $390 ($650)
- Ludlow Italian Worsted Wool Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $390 ($650)
- Shawl-Collar Cotton Cable-Knit Cardigan – $70.80 ($118)
- Ludlow Stretch Two-ply Easy-Care Cotton Dress Shirt in Microcheck – $41.70 ($69.50)
- Unisex 1990 MacAlister Boot in Suede – $88.80 ($148)
- Ludlow Semi-Brogue Oxfords – $178.80 ($298)
- Palma Sunglasses – $35.70 ($59.50)
40% off is nothing to sneeze at. Usually they go 30% off for big weekends. Exclusions are all over the place (looks like most sportcoats are out, but some suiting is in?) but there’s plenty to consider. Like those Palma sunglasses. More on those over here.
- Regent Fit Saxxon Wool Plaid 1818 Suit – $584.10 ($1298)
- Red Wing 9016 Cigar Featherstone – $183.75 ($350)
- Made in the USA Suede Wingtips – $149.25 ($395)
- Regent Fit Herringbone Sport Coat – $224.10 ($498)
- Slim Fit Stripe Polo Shirt – $35.77 ($79.50)
- Regent Fit BrooksCool Plaid Suit – $314.10 ($698)
Great for those of us who love Brooks Brothers… yet don’t usually operate on a Brooks Brothers budget. Personally, I’m a big fan of their Regent fit sportcoats. Especially when on double sale like this.
Half canvas construction. Easy to tailor, non functioning sleeve cuffs. Smartly designed linings (often partial depending on the fabric). Spier & Mackay knows what they’re doing when it comes to jackets. And now, their sportcoats are thirty bucks off through Sunday. Cotton sportcoats start at $198, so down to $168 with the discount. Higher end fabrics usually go for $398, and now drop to $368. Plenty in between those two price points too.
- Factory 2nds Liverpool Chelsea – $199 ($299)
- Factory 2nds Cordovan Park Ave. – $347.50 ($529)
- Factory 2nds Bartlett Cap Toe Oxford – $265 ($399)
- Factory 2nds Mackenzie Wholecut – $199 ($249)
- Factory 2nds Cornwallis Oxford – $199 ($249)
- Factory 2nds MacLennan Wholecut – $199 ($249)
Look for the shoes that have the strikethrough prices (ie something like:
$299 $249). Those are the shoes getting the extra cuts this weekend. Why did they pick those particular models to get the fat cuts? Beats me. But some of them are rare birds that have gotten oddly large discounts. Remember, its a gamble since these are 2nds quality (cosmetic blemishes picked up during the manufacturing process). And it’s not risk free in terms of cash. They’re still demanding a steep $25 restocking fee on returned factory 2nds.
- Thompson Fit Suit Jacket & Slim Pant in Worsted Wool – $218 ($299)
- Thompson Fit Suit Jacket & Slim Pant in Voyager Wool – $218 ($299)
- Thompson Fit Unconstructed Barely There Linen Sportcoat – $79
- Thompson Unstructured Linen Blazer – $89
Yes, suits are included in this one too. Sportcoats and suits have been getting excluded a lot lately. So if you’ve had your eye on something in their Thompson Fit, now’s not a bad time to jump on it.
- Wolverine 1,000 Mile Boot in #8 – $255.50 ($365)
- Red Wing Moc Toe 875 – $188.30 ($265)
- Red Wing Beckman in Black Cherry – $244.30 ($349)
- Filson Original Briefcase (navy or tan) – $227.50 ($325)
Big thanks to Adam T. for the tip on this one. How can a small outfit like this company offer this sort of blanket, site wide discount? Beats the heck out of me. But it’s worth some browsing if you’re the rugged type who still has an eye for good aesthetics.
Ledbury: $50 off 2 Shirts, $150 off 4, $250 off 6 (STARTS 5/24)
If you love Ledbury, then now is one of the few times of the year that you can get their shirts on a discount. It’s not a huge discount, but it is something. Doesn’t work on polo shirts. And note that this deal isn’t active until Thursday. No code needed. Discount automatically applies at checkout.
- Bitflex Chelsea in Dark Chestnut – $126.98 ($180)
- Bitflex Chelsea in Stone – $126.98 ($180)
- Bitflex in Light Sabbia – $108 ($180)
- Bitflex in Exclusive Cuoio – $108 ($180)
- B&O Play E8 Wireless Earbuds –
- B&Oplay A1 + Powerbank – $199.98 ($249)
- UKEG 64 OZ. Stainless Steel Growler w/ CO2 – $149 ($161)
Astorflex chelseas have dropped back down for the weekend. And for that audio stuff… B&O = Bang & Olufsen. I’m not really Mr. Audiophile, BUT… I’ve been lucky enough to drive a few automobiles with some Bang & Olufsen sound systems in them, and they’re friggin’ top notch. UPDATE: Looks like the wireless earbuds are NOT getting any kind of discount? Sorry about that.
UNIQLO: 2 Easy Care Dress Shirts for $49.90 (reg. $29.90 per)
Remember these things? This is UNIQLO’s foray into the world of neck and sleeve dress shirts. Only the sleeves are much more precise compared to other dress shirts (these are down to the half inch, instead of ballpark 32/33 sizing like most makers). Usually they’re just under $30 a pop, but buy two, and they drop to just under $25 a piece.
- The SWS 50L Roll Top Duffle – $126 ($168)
- The Weather Station – $148.50 ($198)
- Made in the USA Service Brief – $373.50 ($498)
- Made in the USA Light Waxed Cruiser – $261 ($348)
Yes, this is the company that makes the absurdly expensive, painted handle axes. But they also make some mighty fine, super well made, handsome gear outside of their “hipster axe decor” collection. Much of it is made in the USA too. Just extended through May 28th.
- Made in Canada Tropical Wool Suit Jacket & Pant – $417.20 ($596)
- The Mod Watch in Olive or Grey – $96.60 ($138)
- The Military Watch in Grey or White – $96.60 ($138)
- Made in Canada Italian Linen Suit Jacket & Pant – $417.20 ($596)
Todd Snyder has some oddly expensive stuff (look at their selection of athleisure) yet then they have some pretty reasonably priced items. $600 for a made in Canada, stretch Italian wool suit ain’t half bad. The fact that it’s on sale is something else.
Just in case you missed it. Picks are here. And as always, everything ships and returns for free. Appreciation for a retailer minimizing that risk is… up there. It’s something.
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Factory 2nds Suede Chukkas – $179.99 FINAL
- Orient Mako II Automatic Diver – $129.99 FINAL
Two wheelhouse products for those of us that frequent this site. The thing about the factory 2nds chukkas is… factory 2nds are a tough ask on final sale. Because you just don’t know what that blemish/flaw is gonna look like until it shows up. Normal price for those AE Massdrop chukkas is $239. So, some savings, but not massive. Meanwhile, that Orient Mako II has dropped to $129 since so many people have bought in. Final sale on both and since it’s Massdrop, you’ll have to wait a while for delivery. It’s pre-order after all. UPDATE: Looks like they just added the Orient Ray II for $139.99.
- Wearlight Khakis in Slim or Straight Fit with GapFlex – $33.60 ($59.95)
- Elastic Braided Belt or Chino Web Belt – $19.80 ($29.95)
- Basic Belts in Brown, Black, or Light Brown – $25.60 ($39.95)
- Slim Fit 55% Linen / 45% Cotton Chinos – $44.80 ($69.95)
- 10″ Chino Shorts in 55% Linen / 45% Cotton – $24 ($49.95)
It’s the “up to” distinction that’s key here. So the site’s not half off, some of it is, a few items may be, but much of it isn’t. That said, free shipping no minimum is a nice bonus if you’re the type who shops for one piece at a time.
- Creative Co-op Soap Dish Tub – $10.05 ($15)
- ‘Salsas and Moles: Fresh and Authentic Recipes’ Book – $11.38 ($16.99)
- Rosanna Cascade Set of 4 Porcelain Bowls – $33.60 ($56)
- Homart York Galvanized Tray – $40.20 ($60)
- Marble Stripe Round Cheese Board – $45.90 ($69)
- Wood & Faulk Leather Camp Stool – $110.98 ($185)
- Gray Malin St. Barth’s Surfboard Art Print – $166.83 ($249)
- Dash & Albert 6′ x 9′ Herringbone Stripe Woven Rug – $299.90 ($399.99)
Of course there’s a ton more where all this comes from, but Nordy’s home department can tend to lean towards more feminine style sensibilities. Still, there are some nice finds that’ll look great in a guy’s space. And of course, everything ships and returns free.
Also worth a mention:
- Nordstrom Rack: Extra 25% off clearance items. Prices are as marked and have been updated.
- Bonobos: The 20% off code BLUEMOON appears to still be active.
- East Dane: Their Big Spring Sale has launched. And since they’re operated by Amazon, everything ships fast and free.
- Cool Material: 20% off their store, some exclusions apply, with MEMDAY