Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Sierra Trading Post: Extra 40% off w/ SAF101614 (2p-midnight MT)
- Walk-Over Made in the USA “Chase” Derbys – $95.97 ($159.95)
- Tricker’s Made in the UK Langston Suede Wingtip Boots –
- Luminox Field Automatic Chrono – $983.97 ($1639.95)
- Wenger Swiss Military Classic Field Sport Watch – $44.98 ($74.96)
- A. Testoni Calf Leather Loafers – $197.97 ($329.95)
As usual, Wolverine 1000 Mile, Red Wings, and a few other brands are excluded… but 40% off is about as good as a Sierra Trading Post code is gonna get. For those walk-overs… think of em’ as fall/winter bucks. Made in the USA with a Vibram sole. And before anyone wharrgabls about the price of that Luminox… sub $1000 for a Valjoux 7750 auto chronograph movement is pretty solid. Crazy expensive, yes, but throwing that out there for the watch freaks. UPDATE: Well shat. It looks like you can’t apply this code to clearance items, so, those Tricker’s are out. Thanks to WKD in the comments for pointing that out. Sorry fellas.
GAP: Up to 60% off Fall Sale + Extra 25% off w/ HAPPY
Not a code, just a priced-as-marked type situation. UPDATE: they launched a 25% off code this morning, HAPPY, thanks to all the guys in the comments for the heads up… Sizes are moving fast though. That sweater is a nice looking, chunky cardigan, that’s more affordable than most in that style-realm. 60% cotton, 30% poly, and 10% wool. Works out to about (just) 25% off. Blazer is 39% off.
$128 is no small price for a sweater, but it seems to be a decently affordable price for Cashmere (hell, J. Crew cashmere sweaters start at $225). Everlane is touting their fabric as “grade A” cashmere, and its longer fibers provide “higher tensile strength, softer hand-feel, and reduced piling.” Six versatile shades to pick from (hand over the light grey and the “spice” please). Also, if you’ve got a lady in your life who can fill out a sweater dress in all the right places, they’re selling a cashmere tunic in a few different shades for $155. Yeeeowza. On sale? Nope. Everlane doesn’t do that. Highly transparent, yes, but no sales.
- Two Pairs of Travel Jeans – $147 (or $73.50 per pair) ($196)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Grey + Bordeaux Leather Card Case = $137.25 ($255)
- Light Grey Linen/Cotton Foundation Suit Jacket & Slim Matching Pant – $138.75 ($450)
- The Warwick Lambswool Full Zip/Button Cardigan – $171 ($228)
Good grief Bonobos. That’s quite the high threshold there. So, minimum out-of-pocket spent, even if you hit $175 on the nose w/ that CHEERS code? $131.25. The washed chino blazer + card case combo is a decent deal thanks to the blazer already being on sale. And a washed chino blazer in grey is gonna see lots of use. But you could also go with their navy option, and it works out the same. For that summer suit. Is it summer? Hell no. But that’s why it’s on sale, and with the code, drops under $140. That lambswool cardigan looks like a spectacular beast. And it better be, for $171 at 25% off.
- Cotton Workwear Sportcoat – $104.99 ($188)
- British Millerain Waxed Cotton Field Coat – $156.10 ($228)
- SLIM Merino Cardigan – $48.99 ($89.50)
Nowhere near as good as the 30% off (almost everything) sale, but you can make a little hay in the sale section. That deep red blazer? The heavily-workwear inspired one? A bit of a reach at $188, but now that it’s (already) down to $105… it’s tempting. Full review here. That waxed cotton field jacket also seems extra nice at the mid $100s.
The Pick: Navy Tailored Fit Corduroy Blazer – $148.00 ($198)
Bit of an odd promo here. $50 off blazers, $40 off outerwear, $30 off pants/denim/shoes… and the list goes on. Appears to be a select items sale. So the %s aren’t fantastic, but if you’ve got your eye on something that’s usually exluded, like that pretty darn perfect navy corduroy blazer, now might be the time. Works out to 25% off for that cord blazer (and other blazers priced at $198). Size shown above is a 40R on 5’10” / 180lbs.
Big thanks to Keith F. for sending in the style tip on this one. Lowered second button, terrific fabrics, and very nice collars. Ledbury is near the top of the heap when it comes to splurge-worthy shirts. You do have to use your entire credit at once, and you can’t double up with other promos or sales, but still… a Ledbury shirt for basically $75 out of pocket is pretty good.
UPDATE: Try BIGDEAL25 for an extra 25% off the cost of the voucher? Thanks to Dustin in the comments for the tip.
Also worth a mention
- Suitsupply: They’ve added a pretty slick looking blue herringbone Napoli to their $399 line.
- J. Crew Factory: 40% – 50% off outerwear & accessories, and that seems to include blazers. Drops their elbow-patch tweed blazer to $108. Not bad, and it does ship free since it’s over a hundred bucks. No code neccessary.
- Club Monaco: 25% off select fall styles (not many) w/ FALLFAVES
- Amazon: 20% off Select Boots w/ BOOTUP14. Selection is kinda so-so though.
- Rossling & Co.: The Kickstarter success story has already raised plenty to get their automatic watch production underway. Review of the quartz over here.
- East Dane: Their 25% off Friends & Family code FAMILY25 runs through Saturday 10/18. Picks here.
- Billy Reid: 20% off the fall 2014 collection w/ FF14.
- Christopher Ward: 15% off their watches with the ETA 2824-2 or Sellita SW200-1 movement w/ AOM15. That includes their Trident Pro, as well as the new C65 Classic series.
- Cole Haan: Extra 30% off friends & family event. Discount gets applied at checkout.