Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
The (obvious) Pick: Button Down “Dry” Polos in White, Black, Grey, or Navy – $14.90 ($22.90)
Just four colors restocked at post time (no light blue? Strange.) But, the price is awfully right. Free shipping kicks in at $50, so, if you buy all four re-stocked colors, they’ll ship free. Even if you don’t and pop for shipping, they’re still quite the steal.
Flash-sale site Huckberry (those that brought you The Eliminator) is offering a 15% off site wide sale through the holiday weekend. Seems pretty rare. The Filson ships free, and the button stud sport watches from FFF ship for $3.98. No code necessary, and the discount shows up at checkout.
- Unconstructed Mini Houndstooth Blazer – $95.99 FINAL ($188)
- Brushed Twill Popover in Sky Herringbone – $35.99 FINAL ($65)
- 7″ Stanton Short in Pindot Chambray – $24.99 FINAL ($69.50)
- Short Sleeved Pieced Chambray Popover – $23.99 FINAL ($98)
LOTS of final sale stuff this time. And honestly? The cupboard that is J. Crew’s sale section is getting pretty bare. But it’s still worth taking for a spin, since the usual offer is an extra 30% off (not 40%, like it is now) sale items. The houndstooth blazer (shown above) is much darker in person (as shown above) and is going to need some tailoring for most (also, as shown above… that’s pre-sides being brought in). It’s a bit thick for the dead of summer, but it’s a winner at this price for the other 3 seasons. Remember, no returns on final sale stuff.
- Curved cap-toe Double Monks – $207.20 ($395)
- K Swiss Distressed Brown Leather High Tops – $79.20 ($150)
- Chore Coat in Olive – $127.20 ($265)
- Indianola Buffalo Leather Chukka (via East Dane) – $197.50 ($395)
- “71” Henley – $20 ($78)
REMEMBER… with Billy Reid sale items, you can only return them for store credit or exchange. Was going to point to the Indianola Chukka in Buffalo leather on the B. Reid site, but it’s somehow even cheaper (and returnable at post time) through East Dane. Billy Reid’s shoes are always a little strange. Like the curve to the cap toe on those double monks. A deal breaker for some, for sure, but the quality is absolutely there, and the uniqueness of some details will appeal to plenty. And those leather high tops? Stash em’ until fall. And then, wear the hell out of them on the weekends.
Exclusions apply of course, so blazers/suit jackets/”BR Picks” are out, but thanks to recent reductions in the sale section you might be able to score some cheaper than normal goods with this code. Seems like a more than decent price for those who favor BR’s slimmer than most “tailored slim” fit shirts… pique fabric there, so there will be a little bit of texture.
- Thompson Chino Suit Jacket & Pant (in navy or khaki) – $133.50
- Thompson Suit Jacket & Pant in Worsted Wool – $261.00
- Thompson Wool/Poly Suit Jacket & Pant – $178
- Unconstructed Linen Blazer - $79.50
No code here, but if memory serves, the Thompson suit separates line (now excluded from codes & promos) has been sitting awkwardly high in price for a while. And these seem to be better? Mid $200s for a Thompson used to be pretty “mneh”, but since they got excluded from codes, they’ve just sorta been sitting there… oddly expensive. Meanwhile, $130ish for the chino suit? The whole thing? Not bad, especially since the pants and jacket could easily be broken up and used as separates.
And just like that, a few days after their site-wide tiered code sale, the sale-section is now a flat extra 20% off. I’d give them Ninjas a ring and ask for a price adjustment if you bought something that’s now cheaper thanks to the SUMMERSALE20 code. Also, here’s how to wear that thing.
Also worth a mention
- East Dane: They’ve added some new items to their sale selection, including the Linen Tretorn sneakers (review here) as well as Billykirk’s School Boy Satchel
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off sale items w/ OFFTHETOP
- Bluefly: Extra 20% off select men’s Sunglasses including some from Ray-Ban
- Lands’ End: 40% off 2 reg. price items w/ FIREWORKS and 7006 (but good luck finding anything that’s reg. price)
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off Sale items and 50% off clearance w/ MIDSUMMER
- Nordstrom: Just a reminder… Their big-time Anniversary Sale is coming up fast. Card members can reserve purchases starting on the 10th, with the rest of us in the rank-and-file getting access on July 18th.