The end of one year and a start of another means it’s time to hand out some awards. No there aren’t any little statues to pass along, but over the next few days we’ll still highlight some of the best in affordable men’s style from this past year. Feel free to send in additional nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A choice of style icons both fictional and real-life. Review here.
These might be a controversial choice because of how much they cost as well as their current lack of availability, but here goes nonetheless:
They’re just cool. They’re also weirdly comfortable. And they’re surprisingly versatile, as they look great with a t-shirt and jeans, a polo and chinos, and even a dress shirt, sharp trousers, and a sportcoat.
The “bumper crepe sole” on full display. Admittedly, these won’t fair great in slick and icy conditions,
as crepe can slide on wet and frozen surfaces easier than other sole materials.
And now that Huckberry has started to stock them (of course they’re sold out at post time)… that means you can buy a pair on this side of the Atlantic without having night terrors over whether or not you’ll get stuck having to pay for any international returns. Nope, now that there’s a U.S. based seller (assuming they restock,) shipping should be a breeze.
Shown here in Polo-Snuff and Dirty Buck suede.
They make more colors than that, but that’s what you can get here in the U.S. via Huckberry
and thus, won’t have to spend a ton on international shipping.
Also Receiving Votes:
- Allen Edmonds Park Avenues or Strands
- Clarks Bushacre 3 (not the 2, you want the Bushacre 3)
- Spier’s Blake Stitched Cap Toes (bring back the dark brown!)
- Grant Stone’s Diesel Boots
- Grant Stone’s Garrison Boots
- Grant Stone’s Long Wing Bluchers
- J. Crew’s Goodyear welted Kenton boots line (when on sale)
- adidas Stan Smith Lux (especially when they go on mega sale.)
- Nike’s iconic Air Force 1
- Nordstrom’s $99 “Dane” Cap Toe Dress Shoes
- Greys Outdoor Slipper Boots
- DSW sourced Anthony Veer Suede Chukkas
- Rhodes Caliber Collection Chelseas
- Rancourt’s Camp Mocs