Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Editor’s Note: Just a heads up that in observance and celebration of Juneteenth Day this Monday, we won’t be posting. Instead, come Monday maybe consider spending some of that style budget supporting the likes of
- The National Museum of African American History & Culture,
- The UNCF,
- and/or the Juneteenth Foundation.
And an enormous thank you to reader Joel M. who emailed in to say: “Let’s be part of the solution. Even if we aren’t sure what that looks like or if it makes us feel uncomfortable.” Well put Joel, and thank you.
- Goodfellow 9″ Slim Fit Flat Front Chino Shorts – $17.49 ($24.99) 13 colors
- Goodfellow 8″ Drawstring Shorts – $17.49 ($24.99) 8 colors
- Goodfellow 8″ Tech Pull-On Shorts – $19.59 ($27.99) 4 colors
- Goodfellow Short Sleeve Button-Down Shirt – $16.09 ($22.99) 10 colors/patterns
- Goodfellow Slub Pocket Tee – $8.40 ($12) 6 colors
- Goodfellow Short Sleeve Knit Button-Down Shirt Button-Down Shirt – $16.09 ($22.99) 8 colors/patterns
- All in Motion Jersey Tech Polos – $14 ($20) 9 colors, size shown above is a medium on 5’10″/185
Ends this weekend. 30% off is as good as it gets for Target and their men’s clothes. It also seems like they’ve taken their foot off the gas lately when it comes to sales and promos. So if you like Tar-zhay, and you’re in the market for some summer goods, now’s a pretty good time. The All in Motion Jersey Performance Polos are of particular note. See the review in Polopalooza over here.
- The Money Clip – $70.40 ($88)
- Valet Tray – $70.40 (small), $78.40 (medium) $102.40 (large) ($88, $98, $128)
Ends tonight. And unless you’re shelling out for super-express jet-pack powered shipping (or you live near their Orlando HQ and can pick it up), can’t imagine it’ll get there in time for Father’s Day on Sunday. Shipping cutoffs might already be past, who knows. But twenty percent off is still quite nice for FFF. And being that Shawn (the head man at FFF) has resisted making a valet tray for yearrrrrrs… now’s the time to make him make as many as possible. C’mon Shawn. They’re handy. Some of us like to put borders around our clutter to keep it looking less like clutter! Also: That Money Clip in black with brass = perfect.
Spier & Mackay’s new $298 Red Label line might be great, but a lot of us prefer/are hooked in their “Core Line” of suits. Bemberg linings, two fits to choose from (Slim or a more athletic leaning Contemporary), and nice, 100% Australian Merino Wool from Dino Filarte. What you get for what you pay is nothing short of incredible with Spier’s core line of suits. So much so that they’re often out of stock. Looks like they just restocked Charcoal, Medium Gray, and Navy.
- Pureboost 22 – $70 ($140)
- Questar Flow NXT – $38 ($75)
- Kaptir 2.0 – $45 ($90)
- adizero Select Basketball Shoes – $66 ($120)
Feels like a lot of the same type of shoe (mainly lighter weight knit-upper stuff), but some of the prices are… kind of absurd. Part of an ongoing week of deals thing adidas has running. Might be worth checking back tomorrow and over the weekend if you’re a fan of the brand with three stripes.
- Ray-Ban polarized 54mm Wayfarers – $62.97 ($89.97) tortoise or black
- Ray-Ban Double-Bridge 58mm sunglasses – $62.97 ($89.97)
6/23/23 – VERY BIG IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Getting reports that some of these are arriving to people who bought them and they are not made in Italy anymore, and the quality just isn’t up to snuff. And that’s an issue for Nordstrom, because at the time of this update both product pages (why are there two?) seem to indicate they ARE made in Italy:
- Item #6302744 says “made in Italy” in the description.
- Item #6379954 uses images that have the words “made in Italy” printed on the right temple piece, yet their description says “Made in Brazil.” So that’s… A. a continuity error at best, and B. misleading at worst, since Norstrom Rack has carried for years, off and on, Ray Ban wayfarer style sunglasses of good quality that were made in Italy.
That’s an enormous bummer. Especially since they charge for return shipping. Best bet would be to chat with/email customer service and tell them about the error on their site and that you want a free return label. It’s worth a shot.
The pair we bought last summer for our best sunglasses under $100 post were the real deal. The pair we got were solid, Ray-Ban quality you’d expect to normally cost triple digits+. Made in Italy. Nice frames and hinges. The works.
Bottom line: I’m sorry about this one guys. I really don’t like it when this kind of thing happens. Trust is everything.
Also worth a mention:
- Banana Republic: BR, GAP, and Old Navy Cardmembers get 30% off w/ BRCARDPERK. Code expires this Sunday, 6/18.
- Charles Tyrwhitt: 4 shirts or polos for $189 w/ SHIRTS8 (breaks down to $47.25 per).
- Brooks Brothers: Extra 25% off clearance items (although their clearance section is pretty picked over at post time).
- Tie Bar: Up to 15% off Wedding Packs.