The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait until the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below.
Old Navy: 40% off almost everything
- Rotation Chinos – 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex – $26.94 ($44.99)
- Ultimate Chinos – 61% Cotton / 37% Poly / 2% Spandex – $32.99 ($54.99)
- Ultimate Tech Chinos – 60% Cotton / 40% Poly – $32.99 ($54.99) shown above, size 32×30 on 5″10/185
- Performance Core Polo – $11.99 ($19.99) shown: Medium on 5’10″/185lbs
- Performance Beyond Pique Polo for Men – $17.99 ($29.99) pretty great. Airy, full tech fabric. shown: Medium on 5’10″/185lbs
Not bad for Old Navy. They’ve been sticking to 30% off as of late. Yes they can sometimes do steal-alert-worthy discounts that are more than 40% off, but forty is pretty good. And their trio of chino styles are all getting the cut. So what’s the difference? Let’s break it down by fabric:
- Rotation Chinos = Most traditional feeling, stretch chino.
- Ultimate Chinos = Most popular style. A blend of cotton, poly, and spandex.
- Ultimate Tech = No spandex, still moves well, a little more substantial feeling with a soft brushed twill.
I know. Confusing.
Head here for a review of those tech pants. Head here for a review of those polos. 40% off is set to expire today, Monday 5/15.
Huckberry: Flint & Tinder Wool-Lined Waxed Truckers – $286 ($358)
It is clearly NOT wool-lined waxed trucker season. Which is precisely why they’re on sale. They’re almost never on sale. Just about 20% off. Made in the USA. These are the “extra toasty” wool lined version, whereas the standard comes with a 100% polyester striped blanket lining. Call this particular friendly neighborhood style-blog editor crazy, but I’d say the wool version is the superior version. And it now costs less than the standard.
J. Crew: Unconstructed Cotton-Linen Suit Jackets – $189.50 ($248)
Matching Trousers = $109.50 ($168)
Last day for this. Works out to $299 if you want the full suit. NOT final sale. Which is nice. Currently part of a quiet “summer styles” sale event. No code needed. Shown above in the “deep water” color they’ve been making for years. Also shown in “cream” at the very top of the post.
Also worth a mention…
- GAP: 46% off with codes FRIEND and FAMILY
- Spier and Mackay: They’re running a clearance rack sale. Some wool trousers w/ side tabs are in there, if that’s your thing.
- Grant Stone: their Sale Section is pretty good right now.
- Bonobos: Select Stretch Washed Chinos 2.0 are on FINAL sale for half off. No returns or exchanges though.
- J. Crew: Extra 50% off FINAL Sale items w/ SHOPEARLY