Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Park Avenue Cap-toe Oxford in Bordeaux – $209.97 ($395)
- Fifth Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford with Dainite Rubber Sole – $258.30 ($425)
- Landon Cap-toe Boot – $244.97 ($475)
- FACTORY 2nd Liverpool Chelsea Boots – $258.30 ($369) $25 restocking fee on returns
Code 23SALE30 works on Factory 2nds too, although anything from the Shoebank (Factory 2nds) will cost you a steep $25 restocking fee if you send them back. Star of this sale show sure seems to be the Bordeaux Park Avenues. No personal experience with that shade, but they look to have a marbled almost “museum calf” looking leather in the online pics? Those are first quality, so they can go back without the fat restocking fee if they show up and they’re not your style.
- Made in in the USA Regent Fit Glen Plaid 1818 Suit – $399 ($1098)
- Made in Italy Regent Fit Pinstripe 1818 Suit – $399 ($1098)
- Italian Wool Twill (V.B.C.) Regent-Fit Suit Jacket & Matching Trouser = $229.98 ($498) these are not made in the USA or Italy… and they’re separates. It’s their stepdown line, but word from one of you fine readers is that they’re actually pretty good, especially for the sale price.
- Regent Regular-Fit Wool Sport Coat – $358.80 ($598)
- Paddock Quilted Pinstripe Vest – $99.20 ($248)
- Plaid Wool Blend Chore Coat – $159.20 ($398)
- Cotton Cable Knit Hoodie Sweater – $51.20 ($128)
- Regent Regular-Fit Portuguese Flannel Shirt – $64 ($128)
- Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $51.20 ($128)
- Merino Wool Half Zip Sweater – $59.20 ($148)
Brooks Brothers is pretty stocked up right now, and it looks like they’re getting serious about blowing some of this stuff out. Italian (or American!) made Regent fit suits for under $400 is steal alert worthy. Not wheelhouse solids, but a subtle-ish pinstripe or plaid in navy or gray is far from something bizarre. Do know that free shipping doesn’t kick in until $200.
- Pintuck Joggers – $20.99 ($29.99)
- Tapered Thermal Joggers – $17.49 ($24.99)
- Tapered Fleece Pants – $14 ($39)
Meanwhile, on the opposite end of the formality & price spectrum from Brooks Brothers would be Target’s Goodfellow & Co. quiet Joggers sale. It’s part of their overall clearance event, which strangely enough not much of their other Goodfellow & Co. clothes are part of. Just the joggers? Just the joggers. Weird.
- Goodyear Welted Chelseas – $209.50 ($298) 30% off
- Goodyear Welted Pacer Boots – $209.50 ($298) 30% off
Part of their “up to 50% off select” section. If you’re waiting for those boots to dip lower in price, you may certainly do better… but they may also end up at final sale at that point. And final sale shoes or boots are a risky proposition.
- Made in Italy Desert Boots – $132.30 ($248) limited sizes, review here, and note that the “grey” looks accurate online, and is a grayish blue in person.
- Made in the USA Victory Sportswear Sneakers – $132.30 ($250)
Looks like Mr. Synder’s Promo People (not to be confused with Mr. Popper’s Penguins) quietly put some of their shoes into the sale section over the last week or two. NOT final sale on those desert boots and Victory Sportswear sneakers. Not yet at least. Nifty.
- Corduroy Utility Shirt Navy Casual Shirt – $34.12 FINAL ($65)
- Horizontal Stripe Cotton Sweater Grey Polo – $26.25 FINAL ($50) dry clean only, just a heads up.
- Textured Stripe Light Blue Dress Shirt – $31.50 FINAL ($60)
- Petite Gingham Royal Blue Pocket Square – $3.75 FINAL ($10)
- White Cotton With Border Aqua Pocket Square – $3.75 FINAL ($10)
- Polo Plaid Red Pocket Square – $5.25 FINAL ($14)
- Yacht Checks Navy Pocket Square – $5.25 FINAL ($10)
Extra 25% off, but all final sale and free shipping won’t kick in until $50. $6.95 shipping for anything under fifty bones.
Huckberry: 2 pairs of Flint & Tinder 365 Pants for $175 (normally $98 per)
Discount drops them to $87.50 per. Not cheap, but one of the most popular things Huckberry sells. They’re often excluded from any other (rare) codes or promos. Head here for a full review and to see how slim, tapered, and straight fits compare side by side.
13 colors to choose from. 5 pocket style, feels like a chino, but engineered and woven with 2% spandex for stretch. Garment-dyed, soft, 98% cotton that’s pre-shrunk and ready to become a favorite right away.