SHOPNOW = Extra 60% off Final Sale Items (exp. 12/5)
First an observation. When one gathers a bunch of recent customer reviews strewn about their site, it appears J. Crew has had an uptick in trouble when it comes to their quality.
Zippers that won’t zip. Holes that appear after just a few washes. Seems like the bifurcation of J. Crew’s catalog (mentioned over here too), with the “nice” heritage stuff on one end and the cheap stuff at the other, isn’t going away yet. Or maybe it’s accelerating. Or maybe things are on the cusp of settling down, as many brands have had to scatter their production to the winds due to COVID. It’s hard to tell. But there appear to be two J. Crews. And when it comes to their popular yet wince-inducing no returns final sale mega markdown events, you just don’t know which side of that coin (face?) you’re gonna get.
- Barn Jacket in plaid English wool with PrimaLoft – $159.56 FINAL ($498)
- Eco Nordic shirt-jacket with PrimaLoft – $59.59 FINAL ($198)
- Ludlow Slim-fit blazer in Scottish wool – $223.59 FINAL ($698) that’s still a lot of money to risk on final sale
- 484 Slim-fit garment-dyed five-pocket pant – $29.59 FINAL ($98)
- 770 Straight-fit garment-dyed five-pocket pant – $29.59 FINAL ($98)
- Slim Secret Wash cotton poplin shirt – $23.99 FINAL ($79.50)
- Garment-dyed slub cotton crewneck T-shirt – $9.19 FINAL ($39.50)
- Corduroy CPO shirt in print – $27.99 FINAL ($98) not nearly as vibrant looking in person, color-wise.
- 100% Cashmere Sweater Blazer – $73.59 FINAL ($328)
- Heavyweight cashmere sweater-blazer in Black Watch – $89.59 FINAL ($398)
No returns of exchanges. All final sale. And despite our best attempts to use our spidey-sense to dodge the obvious duds with the picks above, it’s all still a gamble. That seems like a fair assessment considering the reports of wonky quality splattered across their site. One or two and you can chalk it up to an odd miss or a particularly troublesome customer. But there seems to be a pattern there.