After a spring and summer dodging elderly tourist vibes, seersucker Caddyshack bucket hats, and whatever the hell that “safari” jacket was, J. Crew has just given us all a sneak peek into the first collection from new J Crew men’s creative director Brandon Babenzien.
- Barn Jacket in plaid English wool with PrimaLoft – $498
- Broken-in short-sleeve T-shirt in Camp Brown – $36.50
- Heritage cotton shaker-stitch crewneck sweater in stripe – $110
- Cascade boots in leather – $298
- Heritage wool-blend baseball cap – $65
- Vulcanized cape sneakers – $89.50
- Dark Evergreen Italian Cotton Moleskin Ludlow Slim-fit jacket – $798 (wow that’s expensive)
- Ludlow Slim-fit pant in Italian cotton moleskin – $398
- Wallace & Barnes plaid blazer in Scottish wool – $498
Okay then. That’ll do for some of us.
Of course all of that is pre-order, and unless J. Crew pulls a BR and abandons codes and promos, prices should come down over the coming months. But… it sure seems encouraging overall.
So a little less of the Candy Land on LSD stuff, and a little more rugged fall textures/colors heading into the cooler weather… may be just the ticket for J. Crew in the second half of 2022.