Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Happy Columbo Day Weekend!
That’s not what’s on Monday? Well, on with the handful anyway.
- Cotton cable-knit shawl cardigan sweater – $45.99 FINAL ($128)
- Rugged cotton waffle sweater in stripe – $28.79 FINAL ($79.50)
- Cotton cable-knit crewneck sweater – $28.79 FINAL ($79.50)
- Garment-dyed Harbor shirt – $24.99 FINAL ($79.50)
- Midweight flannel workshirt – $62.65 ($89.50) not final! 30% off.
- Wallace & Barnes single-prong buckle leather belt – $48.65 ($69.50) not final! 30% off.
- Camden loafers in English suede – $47.19 FINAL ($148)
- Dock peacoat – $208.60 ($298) not final! 30% off.
- Ludlow topcoat in wool-cashmere in toffee or gray – $315 ($450) or navy – $325.50 ($465) not final! 30% off.
- Rugged merino wool cardigan sweater – $96.60 ($138) not final! 30% off.
Friday Update: J. Crew bumped their sale-on-sale deal from an extra 50% off to an extra 60% off, and also added some new items. But final means final. No returns, and that can be a hard ask for shoes (especially loafers, which have to fit just right). Then there’s also the already mentioned 30% off select coats/sweaters/etc. deal.
- Ultraboost 20 x James Bond – $140 ($200)
- Ultraboost 20 x James Bond – $140 ($200)
- Ultraboost 4.0 dna – $135 ($180)
- Questar flow nxt – $60 ($75)
adidas sales can be great… it’s just that they exclude so much of their wheelhouse product (Stan Smiths for instance) that sometimes their promos can be a letdown. Which is why it’s flat out stunning they’re including the just released James Bond Ultraboosts. Is it absurd that there IS such a thing as a James Bond adidas Ultraboost? Yes! It’s also kinda mind boggling that they’d just knock ’em down by 30% on the opening weekend for the movie in the U.S..
- Corduroy Overshirt – $78 five colors
- Wool Tweed Overshirt – $228 three colors
- Down Blazer – $248 three colors
- Merino Wool Overshirt – $198 five colors
Totally understand that style is subjective, but good grief Spier seems to be having one heck of an autumn. Just a reminder that Spier returns are pricey. $15 pre-paid return label. But, they’re a smallish company, based in Canada, and shipping ain’t cheap these days.
- Mahogany Park Avenue – $276.50 ($395)
- Strand Cap Toe Oxfords – $276.50 ($395)
- Marin Double Monk Strap with Dainite Rubber Sole – $297.50 ($425)
- Park Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords – $276.50 ($395)
- McAllister Wingtip Oxford – $276.50 ($395
- Dalton WEATHERPROOF Wingtip Boot – $349.97 ($495)
- Liverpool Chelsea Boots w/ V-Tread Sole – $346.50 ($495)
- Courtside Signature Sneaker – $191.25 ($255)
In case you somehow missed the launch earler in the week. Don’t forget that if you haven’t signed up for their email list (their “collectors club”), you should be able to save an additional 15% off those sale prices once they send you a “thanks for signing up” one time use code. More info on that can be found in the original top 10 picks post.
- Herringbone Italian Wool Melton Topcoat – $278.60 ($398) $222.80 for cardmembers
- Corduroy Trucker Jacket – $104.30 ($149) $83.44 for cardmembers
- Supima Shawl-Collar Cardigan ‘ $90.30 ($129) $72.24 for cardmembers
- Navy Italian Wool Melton Topcoat – $278.60 ($398) $222.80 for cardmembers
It’s 30% off for non cardmembers, which is okay, but 44% off is pretty solid considering the timing (heading towards cooler weather) and what’s up for the discount. Lots of coats and cold weather gear. DON’T sign up for a credit card just to get a one time discount. That’s one of the worst financial moves you can make.
Huckberry: New F&T 365 Cords & Cord Joggers – 2 for $185 (normally $108 per)
The well loved 365 pants from Flint and Tinder have been autumnal/winterized by way of corduroy. Three fits: Slim, Straight, and Tapered. Meanwhile, they’ve also introduced corduroy joggers this year to the 365 family. And that buy 2 save $31 deal does seem to work if you buy one of each (cord & cord jogger). So, nice to know you can mix and match and still get those savings.
- Made in Maine The Original L.L.Bean Boot – $125.10 ($139)
- Made in Maine Shearling Lined Bean Boots – $206.10 ($229)
Yes there are plenty of exclusions. But Bean Boots aren’t one of them. OGs are made in Maine of course.
Are Suitsupply and Spier and Mackay far superior suits for $350 – $399? Yes. It’s night and day. And when JCF’s Thompson line is normally stuck at $299, there’s zero reason to recommend them. Just spend the extra $50 and get the real deal. But when on a sizeable discount like this (which they rarely get any more), the fused Thompson from J. Crew Factory drops into a price range that is vastly different than even the weirdly affordable $350 price point for half-canvas options like Spier and Suitsupply. That extra $130 can make or break it for a lot of guys. It won’t last you forever, but if you get it tailored to your frame and take good care of it (meaning: don’t over dry clean it, don’t wear it all the time, etc)… then it’s probably a good buy for those on a tight budget.
- Slim Taper Built-In Flex Anytime Chino Pull-On Pants for Men – $24.49 ($34.99)
- Cozy Shawl-Collar Sweater for Men – $34.99 ($49.99)
- Water-Resistant Quilted Camo Shacket for Men – $41.99 ($59.99)
Was 35% off on Thursday, but 30% off still isn’t bad: A. Old Navy is already hyper affordable, and B. most brands have really tightened up the reins when it comes to running codes and promos.
- Milano Fit Plaid Knit Sport Coat – $373.50 ($498)
- Merino Striped Hoodie – $126 ($168)
- Henry the Sheep Graphic Sweatshirt – $88.50 ($118)
- Stretch Washed Cotton Track Pants – $96 ($128)
Here comes the Michael Bastian reboot. Will it work? That remains to be seen. $120 whimsy-sweatshirts and all that. Prices are as marked online.