NOTE: We’ll be updating as more sales roll in/deals change. So check back. As with everything else, all bets are off this year. UPS/USPS are warning of shipping delays, and retail as a whole has taken a punch to the gut. So “Black Friday” sales are getting rolled out earlier than ever here in 2020. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dock peacoat – $134.10 ($298)
- Highland Skye jacket with eco-friendly PrimaLoft – $94.50 ($248) in person look here
- 484 Slim-fit pant in corduroy – $32.50 ($88)
- Sussex Quilted Jacket – $54.50 ($148)
- Merino wool-blend donegal birdseye sweater-blazer – $89.10 ($198)
- 484 Slim-fit stretch chino pant – $35.77 ($79.50)
- Ludlow suede penny loafers – $134.10 ($298)
- Ludlow wing tips – $156.60 ($348)
- Kenton leather cap-toe boots – $116.50 ($298)
- Wool smartphone gloves – $31.27 ($69.50)
- Fair Isle knit beanie – $17.77 ($39.50)
- Abingdon briefcase – $71.10 ($158)
- Fair Isle ragg wool gloves – $35.77 ($79.50)
Sunday update: Wasn’t expecting this. They’ve bumped up their offer to 55% off w/ the code CYBER (but sizes are now scattered across their inventory). Even better? Their selection of Cyber Monday Deals. The majority of those are 60% off if not more.
- Killshot 2 with Royal Blue Swoosh – $67.50 ($90)
- Killshot 2 with White Swoosh – $67.50 ($90)
- Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit – $89.97 ($160)
- Nike Challenger OG – $67.50 ($90)
Another Sunday update. They’ve changed this from an extra 20% off select sale items, to 25% off select items, some of which aren’t yet on sale.
- Work From Home Pant – $44.10 ($98.50)
- Slim CORDUROY Traveler Chino – $48.60 ($109)
- Arley Leather Boot – $80.10 ($178) review here
- Nicklas Suede Sneaker – $66.60 ($148)
- Arley Charcoal Gray Suede Boot – $80.10 ($178)
- Italian Wool Melton Topcoat in Camel – $179.10 ($398)
- Supima Cotton Sweater Blazer – $66.60 ($149)
- Corduroy Puffer Vest – $76 ($169)
- Donegal Beanie – $21.60 ($49.50)
- Leather & Merino-Blend Gloves – $44.10 ($98.50)
- Recycled Cashmere Beanie – $39.60 ($89.50)
- Birdseye Jacquard Stripe Scarf – $35.10 ($79.50)
ANOTHER Sunday update. Good grief, got all that? So prices are as marked online, you can use the BRCYBER code for an additional 10% off, and everything ships for free. No usual $50 minimum here.
- adidas Stan Smith in White and Navy or White and Green – $36 ($80) for real? update: sold out now
- adidas Stan Smith in all white – $36 ($80) update: also sold out now
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Non-Iron Stripe Stretch Dress Shirt – $18.72 ($69.50)
- Herschel Supply Co Travel Backpack – $48.67 ($130)
- Johnston & Murphy Daley Medallion Toe Oxford – $59.92 ($169)
- Kiehl’s Hydration Essentials Set – $22.50 ($30)
- Made in Italy Good Man Brand Legend Low Top Sneaker – $97.42 ($198)
- Made in Italy Good Man Brand Legend Low Top Sneaker – $89.10 ($198)
- 1901 Trim Fit Flat Front Chino Pants – $22.31 ($59.50)
- Marc New York Holden Water Resistant Down & Feather Fill Quilted Coat – $103.42 ($275)
$36 Stan Smiths? For Real? This is from Nordstrom. NOT Nordstrom Rack. So, unlike Nordstrom Rack? All this stuff ships and returns for free. Limited to select clearance items (look for the stuff that says “LIMITED TIME SALE” next to it), so, size selection can get a bit spotty depending on the item.
- Goodfellow Fullzip Midweight Puffer Vest – $20.99 ($29.99)
- All in Motion Stretch Woven Shorts – $16.80 ($24)
- All in Motion Short Sleeve Novelty T-Shirt – $11.20 ($16)
- Goodfellow Regular Fit Long Sleeve Jersey Henley Shirt – $10.49 ($14.99)
More updates for Sunday. Much better than their Black Friday deal, which was limited to only sweaters. Looks like the entire Goodfellow line AND the athletic-wear All in Motion line are both getting this discount? Head here for a Goodfellow Round up, and here for the round up of the All in Motion gear.
- Water-Resistant Hooded Narrow-Channel Puffer Jacket for Men – $34.99 ($69.99)
- Cozy Sherpa-Lined Plaid Wool-Blend Shirt Jacket for Men – $39.99 ($79.99)
- Shawl-Collar Sweater for Men – $24.99 ($49.99)
- Tapered Cargo Jogger Sweatpants for Men – $17.49 ($34.99)
A flat half off. Which is pretty steep, considering how already mega-affordable Old Navy happens to be. That sherpa lined shirt jacket looks particularily promising. Wool Blend too: 49% wool, 46% polyester, 5% “other” fiber, with poly lining and fill.
- Flannel Lined Chinos – $83 ($118)
- Merino Shawl Cardigan – $97 ($138)
- The Quilted Stretch Wool Vest – $139 ($198)
- Italian Knit Blazer – $245 ($350)
- Riviera Face Mask – $17.50 FINAL ($25)
Just another reminder: USUALLY Bonobos has a (slightly) better offer on Cyber Monday. They were founded as an internet-only retail company after all. But who knows this year. And with stock and supply chains and shipping being stressed to the nines, waiting might not be the best idea.
- Whiskey Peaks Set of 4 glasses – $51.98 ($65)
- Rhodes Footwear Huxley Boot in Roughout – $120.98 ($220)
- Made in Japan acrylic/wool/nylon/spandex beanie – $21.98 ($28)
- Filson Service Boot – $243.98 ($348)
- lululemon Metal Vent Tech SS 2.0 – $61.98 ($78)
- Whiskey Peaks Mountain Decanter – $51.98 ($65)
- Mori Mori LED Lantern Speaker – $87.98 ($110)
- Proof Wool Lightweight Travel Blazer – $98.98 ($198)
- Proof Nomad Pant in Slim or Straight Fit – $57.98 ($98)
Over 1000 items. It’s a big one. Those Japanese acrylic, wool, nylon beanies are legitimately terrific. Perfect weight. Nice warmth. Strong feeling fabric while still being flexible.
Because nothing says 2020 pandemic sh*t show like investing in a whole black tie setup. But some of you are optomistic. And some of us will wear whatever the heck we want at home. Lots of options for the package. Super classic stuff like black and navy tuxedoes, all the way up to super-fancy stuff like velvet dinner jackets (as shown above). Offer ends this Sunday, 11/29.
- Vintage Soft Slim Sweatpants – $20.22 ($44.95)
- Shaker Cardigan – $35.97 ($79.95)
- Upcycled Lightweight Puffer Jacket – $54 ($120)
- Corduroy Shirt in Slim Fit – $26.97 ($59.95)
- Sherpa Lined Jacket – $57.60 ($128)
- Fair Isle Crewneck Sweater – $31.47 ($69.95)
It’s a flat 50% off (mostly) site wide, and then the
GAPFRIDAY GAPCYBER (they changed it Sunday) code takes an additional 10% off at checkout. Net savings = 55% off.
- Weatherproof Park Avenue – $355 ($445)
- Weatherproof Dalton Wingtip Boot – $345 ($495)
- Weatherproof CXL Higgins Mill Boot – $355 ($455)
- Strand Cap Toe Oxfords – $276.50 ($395)
Their “Cyber Deal” $199 select shoes thingy has since expired, but they’ve now slapped a 30% off sitewide deal up there for the long holiday weekend. Not a bad time to invest in the legendary Strand, if you’ve had your eye on them. Currently lower than what they were at during the big Rediscover America Sale.
- Italian Wool Peacoat – $358.40 ($448) won best in show for this year’s outerwear round up
- Wool/Cashmere Overcoat in Camel, Navy, or Charcoal – $318.40 ($398)
- Bottoli Donegal Sportcoats – $278.40 ($348) (multiple colors)
- Dark Brown Wholecut Oxfords – $198.40 ($248)
- Tobacco Suede Chukkas – $198.40 ($248)
- Dark Brown Double Monks – $198.40 ($248)
Works on most stuff. There are some exclusions (the chunky cardigans are excluded… drat). Made to Order stuff is out too, but those get 15% off w/ MTO15. Both codes run through 12/1. In person look at a pair of their Goodyear Welted dress shoes can be found right over here.
- Metal Vent Tech Long Sleeve – $39 FINAL ($78)
- Sky Loft Jacket – $99 FINAL ($198)
- Metal Vent Tech Polo 2.0 – $49 FINAL ($98)
- Metal Vent Breathe “Polo” – $59 FINAL ($98)
- Metal Vent Tech Hoodie – $59 FINAL ($98)
- Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve 2.0 – $49 FINAL ($70)
- Textured Tech Pant 29″ inseam – $89 FINAL ($98)
- Commission Pant Classic Fit Warpstreme 32″ inseam – $79 FINAL ($128)
A real sale at Lululemon that’s not just limited to their “we made too much” clearance section? Brilliant. The metal vent tech stuff is, frankly, fantastic. It would be unsurprising if this stuff sold out super fast. All final sale though. No returns.
- Perfect Tipped Merino Black Polo – $48 ($60)
- Pocket Square Five-Pack – $36 ($45)
- Barberis Italian Wool Tie – $28 ($35)
- Perfect Tipped Merino Wool Cardigan – $52 ($65)
AND it includes their excellent merino polo sweaters and cardigans. Yes, TheTieBar is all about neckwear, but their careful expansion over the last few years (into shirts, sweaters, and pants) has been, frankly, really well executed.
Our shoe expert, Adam, loves these guys. Head here for a full review of those “Diesel” boots shown above. Now, most of their stuff clocks in around $300. So tripping that $400 threshold for the savings can be a bit tricky. But the bottom line is, if you get a belt or a wallet, and then apply the code, you’re probably paying noticeably less for your new boots or shoes. And Grant Stone just doesn’t run sales that much. So, it’s something. Big thanks to our man Brandon D. for the tip here.
DROP: The Glycine Combat Sub is back – $319 FINAL ($399)
Usually four bills, now $320 for the Black Friday push. It’s DROP, so, it’s a pre-order, and it won’t ship until December 17th. So the a holiday gift? That’s out. Swiss automatic movement. Hacks and hand winds. Great feel to the crown and stem. 200m water resistance. Surprisingly thin, which is a bit unusual for most divers. This one should slide relatively easy under a shirt cuff. There are a LOT of color/size options in there, but most of them are… weird. Stick with the classic black and gray shown above. That’s the winner.
Get the gal in your life a made in the USA, Horween leather Purell fob for their purse. And you can thank
me FormFunctionForm later. FFF makes terrific, thoughtfully designed stuff, out of only the best materials. Big fan of their wallets and portfolios.
- Gray Sharkskin Suit – $509.15 ($599)
- Blue Windowpane Shadow Check Suit – $594.15 ($699)
- Midnight Blue Tuxedo – $509.15 ($599)
- Cool Gray Blazer – $322.15 ($379)
For the hard to fit guys. Black Lapel seems to stand above in terms of service and quality when it comes to the online custom/you measure yourself, they make the suit (or blazer, or whatever) world. Big fan of Black Lapel. Great for those who don’t fall into the usual “drop” zones that come with most off the rack suits. And they just don’t run sales often. So, now’s a solid chance.
The Pick: C60 Trident Pro 600 – $820.25 ($965)
Christopher Ward has been making some fannnnncy watches lately. But their flagship, the C60 Trident Diver, still might just be, well, the business… for their business. No, it’s far from cheap. But when compared to a Rolex or an Omega? For what you’re getting? It’s a bargain.
Anyone else reading that code with a bit of sarcastic snark? Like “oh yeah THANKS twenty twenty. You’ve been GREAT. JUST. F*#Kin GREAT.” Anyway… a rare sale from Jack Erwin.
- Blue Fine Twill Mid-Spread Dress Shirt – $87.75 ($135)
- White fine Twill Mid-Spread Dress Shirt – $87.75 ($135)
As good as it gets for Ledbury, which is top tier shirting. The fabrics, collars, and slightly lowered second button (perfect for going tieless) have made them legends in the shirt game. And they just don’t run sales that often. Their blue and white fine twill mid-spread dress shirts are, frankly, the bee’s knees. Perfect. Code is good through Friday. UPDATE: They’re doing a descending tiers thing now, with 30% off shirts Saturday, and 25% off on Sunday.
- The Merino Wool Calf Socks 4-pack – $54.72 ($72)
- Their Dress socks 4-pack – $76 ($100)
- Single Pair Merino Wool Calf Socks – $14.40 ($18)
You could have a drawer full of nothing but Bombas wool calf socks, and you’d be set for anything (outside of summer if you’re the ankle or no show kinda guy, but they have those too). They’re that good. They’re the perfect weight, height, and come in single pairs, and four packs, and eight packs of the muted versatile colors that most of us reach for. They aren’t paper thin dress socks, but they aren’t super thick boot socks either. Dead square right in-between. Goldilocks territory. Wear them with everything. And they easily machine wash and dry too.
- Double-faced quilted knit shawl-collar sweatshirt ($195) + Italian made marled wool/cashmere beanie ($95) = $232 ($290)
- Bond Peacoat – $486.50 ($695)
WOW those are some steep tiers. But, like Todd Snyder, Billy Reid makes stuff to last, with really good materials, and the designs are always super on point without getting overly trendy. Big thanks to Aaron M. for the tip here.
- Made In England Oxford Flex Sole Shoe – $209.40 ($349)
- Made in England Flexible Sole Wholecut Shoe – $209.40 ($349)
- Merino Knit Sweater Blazer – $119.40 ($199)
- Italian Wool Cashmere Epsom Coat – $249.50 ($499)
Charles Tyrwhitt is more than just shirts. Their outerwear and sweaters usually end up being pretty nice for the price, especially on a big sale like this. Now, not all of their shoes are made in England, but those two picks are.
- Made in the USA or Italy Regent Fit 1818 Suits in Navy or Charcoal – $424.15 ($998)
- Italian Wool Regent Fit BrooksCool Blazer – $211.65 ($498)
- Made in the USA White or Blue Original Polo Button-Down Oxford Regent Fitted Shirt – $59.50 ($140)
- Made in the USA Striped Original Polo Button-Down Oxford Regent Fitted Shirt – $59.50 ($140)
- Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses with Madras – $63.75 ($150)
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses with Madras – $63.75 ($150)
- Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses with Rep Stripe – $63.75 ($150)
Pandemic + Bankruptcy + people dressing more and more casually = a flat half off full price at Brooks Brothers. And the extra 15% off code BC1818 is still working. That works out to 57.5% off.
The Pick: Full Grain Leather Military Duffle Bag – $335.75 ($395)
Really, really impressed with these folks. Especially the military duffel. And they just don’t run sales. Except for now. 15% off sitewide.
- Cable Knit Polyester/Acrylic/Wool Turtleneck Sweater – $44 ($88)
- Khaki Double Breasted Water-Resistant Wool-Blend Trench Coat – $149 ($298)
- Sherpa Collar Corduroy Bomber Jacket – $99 ($198)
- Solid Merino Wool-Blend Full Zip Sweater – $49 ($98)
- Merino Wool-Blend V-Neck Sweater – $35 ($70)
A flat half off, and free shipping. Excellent. Prices are as marked here. No code needed. An in person look with the double breasted topcoat can be found over here in our annual outerwear roundup.
- Read Boat Shoe – $200 ($250)
- Bartlett Oxford – $316 ($395)
- Oxford Boot – $316 ($395)
- Bennett Trainer – $236 ($295)
Made in Maine and built to last. They’re also running a few specials throughout the site, but you can’t double up with the code on those items.
- Made in the UK Loake Pimlico Chukkas in Suede – $318.75 ($425)
- Made in Canada Italian Wool/Cashmere Sportcoat (+ some socks to trip the 30% off threshold) = $359.80 ($498)
- Champion Italian Wool Burgundy Stripe Joggers – $198.40 ($248)
- Italian Wool Cruiser Jacket – $299.25 ($598)
Steep tiers and lots of exclusions (items that don’t get the cut are noted as such on their site). And, well, spendy. But the quality and design really is there. Loakes? Loakes are in. Yes, they’re “only” $350 direct through Loake, but these ship and return for free. Through Loake, you’re on the hook for returns, via DHL, back across the pond.
Not on sale. So why are they in the flippin’ Black Friday post? Because these tend to sell fast, and I don’t know where else to put them! Slight design tweaks this go-round, but they’re still filled to the brim with retro awesome, and made from stupendously nice materials. Resoleable up to 4 times by Victory Sportswear.
Also worth a mention…
- Banana Republic Factory: 60% off + an extra 15% off everything (that works out to 66% off)
- Club Monaco: 30% Off Everything w/ HOLIDAY30
- Arc’teryx: 25% off w/ INTONATURE (exclusions apply)
- OrientWatchUSA: 15% off sitewide w/ HOLIDAY20
- Randolph Engineering: They’re doing a select items Black Friday sale. Not Cheap since they’re RE’s, but they’re made in the USA and plenty swear by them. Big thanks to our man Brandon D. for the tip!
- LL Bean: 15% off w/ THANKS15
- H&M: 30% off everything as long as you’re signed in/create an account with them.
- DSW: 30% off just about everything w/ BFSAVINGS