Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Well that’s outright worthy of a steal alert. The Bond Street is AE’s attempt to slightly modernize their basic Park Avenue cap toe. It’s slightly sleeker. And the leather (on some shades) has a slight texture. Kinda neat. Recraftable, and crafted in Port Washington WI. Now just under $200. Should ship and return for free too, being that these are first quality.
UPDATE: Sold out. You guys bought ’em all!
Merino = nature’s tech fabric, right? Breathable. Comfortable. Temperature regulating. So the fact that the folks at Huckberry made some facemasks outta the stuff is pure genius. Triple-layered with a merino wool outer layer, cotton inner layer, and merino wool lining layer. Also worth noting is that they’ll “be donating $5 per mask to the Opportunity Fund’s “Small Business Relief Fund”: a program established to support small businesses hit by the economic effects of COVID-19, especially those run by women, people of color and immigrants.” Full marks to Huckberry on this one.
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit jacket in cotton-linen – $67 ($168)
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit pant in cotton-linen – $39 ($98)
- Ludlow suede penny loafers – $178.50 ($298)
- Kenton boat shoes in suede – $118.50 ($198)
- Ludlow Slim-fit Legacy blazer in American wool – $245 ($350)
- Ludlow Classic-fit Legacy blazer in American wool – $245 ($350)
- GREATS Made in Italy Sneakers – $126 ($179)
- GREATS Made in Italy Knit Sneakers – $84 ($119)
They say “up to” 60% off, but most is in the 30% – 40% off range. BUT. They’ve upped the discount on their unsuits. Earlier this week they were half off. Now? 60% off. $106 for the whole suit? That’s pretty nuts. Also, GREATS are quietly on sale. Didn’t notice that until late in the day today.
- Merino Wool Blend Thermal-Regulating Hooded Sweater – $29.99 ($79.90)
- White Classic Soft Wash Oxford Shirt – $17.99 ($49.90)
- Blue Classic Soft Wash Oxford Shirt – $17.99 ($49.90)
- Slim Chambray Soft Wash Button-Down Shirt – $17.99 ($49.90)
- Solid Performance Polo – $17.99 ($39.90)
- Merino Wool Blend Thermal-Regulating Crew Neck Sweater – $23.94 ($69.90)
Pleasantly surprised by what’s kicking about in the clearance section. And sure, sizes are scattered for some colors and some items, but at post time there’s a pretty good size selection for most stuff. Lots of basics. Lots of NBA logo sportcoats (skip those, unless you’re a super fan) but lots of basics too.
- To Boot New York Orleans Suede Chukka Boot – $106.86 ($375)
- 1901 Horton Suede Chelsea Boot – $44.99 ($125)
- Nordstrom James Plain Toe Derby – $41.23 ($119.95)
- To Boot New York Bolzano Leather Derby – $106.86 ($395)
- Broken Homme Jaime Boot – $95.61 ($295)
- Warfield & Grand Turk Wingtip Oxford – $67.48 ($195)
- Antonio Maurizi Leather Cap Toe Oxford – $106.68 ($475)
- Antonio Maurizi Leather Double Monk Strap Loafer – $106.68 ($475)
There are some lookers in here. Like those TBNY suede chukkas, and those double monks from Antonio Maurizi. Both of those particular pairs of shoes are made in Italy. Anyway, it’s not mainline Nordstrom, so you’ll be out a return label if you send anything back, but still pretty good for deal hunters. Prices are as marked. Discount has already been taken. No code needed here. Extra 25% off expires this Sunday, 6/21.
Hill City is shutting down. Turns out GAP inc’s attempt to compete with Lululemon on the men’s side hasn’t worked out as well as their women’s Athleta brand has. Head here for a snapshot/review of the brand as a whole. Not a bad time to grab some merino t-shirts if that’s your thing (and if it is, kudos to you, love me some merino t-shirts).
- Stretch Lightweight Chinos – $73.50 ($98)
- The Performance Golf Polo – $51 ($68)
- Riviera Short Sleeve Shirt – $58.50 ($78)
- Unconstructed Italian Hopsack Wool Solid Sportcoats – $280 – $315 ($400 – $450)
- Tech 5-pockets – $96 ($128)
Last call for this one. Ends tomorrow, Friday 6/21. Your opportunity to get a discount on Popsicle pants is quickly coming to a close
BONUS III Macys: Seiko 5 Sports Diver – $177 w/ FRIEND (usually $200 – $230ish)
Not all models. Just the blue shown above and the black on the nylon NATO strap. BUT… those are sorta the ones most of us have had our eyes on. Full review here if you’d like it. Big thanks to our man Ryan for the tip!
- Made in Italy John W. Nordstrom Basketweave Wool Blazer – $149.97 FINAL ($499)
- Nordstrom Tech-Smart Slim Fit Stretch Wool Dress Pants – $28.11 FINAL ($129)
- Ray-Ban 53mm Phantos Sunglasses – $44.98 FINAL ($144)
- Brooks Brothers Grid Regent Fit Dress Shirt – $28.11 FINAL ($79.50)
- Made in Italy Antonio Maurizi Single Monk Straps – $106.86 FINAL ($475)
- Nordstrom Kai Penny Loafer – $33.73 FINAL ($124.95)
- Made in Italy Antonio Maurizi Cap Toe Leather Oxford – $106.71 FINAL ($475)
- Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT Automatic Watch, 40mm – $371.23 FINAL ($1,275)
- Citizen Eco-Drive Chrono, 43mm – $118.11 FINAL ($425)
UPDATE: Well heck. This doesn’t appear to have begun yet? I’m guessing it starts mid-morning? Maybe? Hasn’t launched as of early AM. Will keep an eye out though.
UPDATE II: Still hasn’t launched yet. Sorry guys. Got some bad intel on this one.
A word of warning. Unlike past clear the racks events, this is all final sale this time. And stuff can go super fast. If I was in the market for a watch (don’t worry Mrs. Dappered if you’re reading this, I am not), I would 100% put a leather strap on that Hamilton GMT.
Also worth a mention:
- Nordstrom: Their extra 25% off most sale items event is coming to a close this weekend. Full picks here. Most stuff is close to sold out though.
- New Balance: 30% off sitewide. Includes their Made in the USA and Made in the UK collections.
- Banana Republic: 40% off, no BR Merch exclusions, and card members get an additional 20% off w/ BRC20