Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Alpine Cap Toe Boot in Brown – $199.20 ($249)
- Bond Street Cap Toe Oxfords – $199.20 ($249)
- Hamilton Cap Toe Boot in Brown Tumbled Leather – $199.20 ($249)
- Fifth Avenue Cap Toe Oxford – $183.20 ($229)
- Dalton Weatherproof Boot – $239.20 ($299)
- Nomad Chelsea in Snuff Suede – $199.20 ($249)
- Higgins Mill in Weatherproof Tan – $199.20 ($249)
- McAllister Wingtip Oxford – $199.20 ($249)
- Strand Cap Toe Oxfords – $199.20 ($249)
This is new? I don’t recall the shoebank ever doing a “take an extra 20% off what you see” style sale. It used to be the prices were always as marked. Anyway, this is the old-school, no e-commerce, affix ye ear trumpet and dial the telephone gotta call them up to make an order. And remember, it’s still a $25 restocking fee if you send them back through the mail. No links above because you have to sort by size and width on the home page, and availability varies greatly depending on what model you’re after. Head here for an explainer as to just what Factory 2nds are all about and why they’re a bit of a gamble.
FRIDAY UPDATE: Big thanks to Ryan P. who discovered that this Citizen Eco Drive Chrono, with the silver dials and contrasting black sub dials, is down to $110 as a deal-of-the-day for today, 10/4. 44mm diameter, so, not small. 22mm band. Perpetual calendar, alarm, chronograph, the works. Big thanks to Ryan P. for the tip!
- Merino Wool-Blend Thermal Regulating V-Neck Sweater – $17.99 ($69.90)
- Color Block Stripe Moisture-Wicking Polo – $17.99 ($49.90)
- Merino Wool-Blend Thermal-Regulating Solid Henley Sweater – $23.99 ($69.90)
- Black Rubberized Blue Light Blocking Reader Eyeglasses – $11.99 ($29.90)
- Mixed Media Check Gloves – $23.99 ($59.90)
- Merino Wool-Blend Thermal Regulating Stripe Crew Neck Sweater – $23.99 ($69.90)
- Double Breasted Oversized Topcoat – $101.99 ($298)
- Slim Navy Double Knit Blazer – $19.97 ($198)
Over 1200 items in clearance? And I went through all of it. Because that’s what I’m here to do for you fellas: Pick through the EXPRESS clearance section so you end up with well fitting stuff, made of decent materials, and you DON’T end up with an enormous lion logo on your chest. I shouldn’t let my head hang so much. I’m out here doing the Lord’s work. No really. UPDATE: Big thanks to Chris R. who sent in the tip about the $19.97 double knit blazer above. That seems like a mistake, being that it was around $70 with the discount, it’s now $19.97 (which is crazy,) and, the extra 40% off doesn’t seem to be working on it? Strange. Big thanks to him for the tip though.
Nodus Watches, they of the assembled in the USA Retrospect ($450) and Avalon ($625), are releasing a new model (with two crowns!) tomorrow, 10/4. Not sure on price or specs since it’s been a slow roll out/tease on Instagram this week, but, for those of us that are fans of what these guys are doing, Friday’s launch could be a hoot.
Gotta love DROP. They claim these things are made in Italy, yet you can clearly see the “Made in China” stamp on the ear piece? Continuity isn’t their strong suit (I know, I know, we make a ton of mistakes too.) Anyway, sunglasses that fold up upon themselves like this are crazy convenient. Persol made ’em famous, but these are quite affordable. Final sale of course. And they don’t ship until late October.
- Wool Flannel Sportcoat in Mint Green – $348
- Super 120s Wool Blue Check Sportcoat – $328
- Merino Wool Shephard’s Check Sportcoat – $348
Some of these things are already in stock, and some have an estimated ship date of October 14th. Still half canvas, still really nice fabrics, and still noticeably less expensive than their competition, Suitsupply. That said, only your first suit, sportcoat, or shoe purchase at Spier ships and returns for free. At Suitsupply free shipping and returns is standard. And therein lies the rub.
- Tan Saddle Leather Duffel – $525 ($750)
- Double Flap Briefcase in Tan Saddle or Chili – $525 ($750)
- Legacy Flap Briefcase in Mahogany or Brown – $485 ($695)
Shoes? They got shoes. But there’s more than that. They have bags and clothes and, well, you get the idea. Do note that the above bags are “imported.” I don’t know if they’re imported from China, Italy, the Moon, or the Neighborhood of Make Believe. But they look nice from here. Duffel looks a lot like the Korchmar weekender. Which would make sense, being that AE also carries Korchmar.
Also worth a mention:
- Jack Erwin: They’re rolling out their fall/winter collection of shoes and boots over the next few days.
- Spier & Mackay: Their new Goodyear Welted, made in Portugal shoes have landed.
- J. Crew: 40% off select with the code THURSDAY (ends, you guessed it, today 10/3.)
- Allen Edmonds: Their big Rediscover America sale runs through 10/21. Top 15 picks can be found here.