Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Norstrom: Early Half-Yearly Sale Picks?
- Everyday Cashmere Regular Fit V-neck Sweater – $58.80 ($98) limited sizes
- Everyday Cashmere Regular Fit Crewneck Sweater – $58.80 ($98)
- The Rail Quilted Nylon Trucker Jacket – $59.40 ($99)
- Marc New York Humboldt Quilted Jacket – $117.25 ($175)
- Hart Schaffner Marx Sheffield Classic Fit Wool & Cashmere Overcoat – $356.98 ($595)
- Ted Baker Knitts Duffel Bag – $213.90 ($319)
- Ted Baker Twrens Wingtip Boot – $158.98 ($265)
- The Rail Edward Chelsea Boot – $65.98 ($110)
- Made in Portugal Selected Homme “David” Sneaker – $80.98 ($135)
- John W. Nordstrom Plaid Wool Sport Coat – $299.40 ($499)
- Nordstrom Merino Wool Polo Sweater – $63.75 ($85)
- Made in Italy 1901 Extra Trim Fit Wool & Silk Sport Coat – $179.40 ($299)
What in the world? I’m not quite sure what’s going on with Norstrom right now, but their sale section is jammed and they keep sending out email advertising said sale section. So perhaps this is a slow roll out of their annual winter edition of their half-yearly sale? Usually it launches on the 26th. Anyway, it all ships and returns for free since it’s Nordstrom. And if memory serves, J. Crew hasn’t put their everyday cashmere on sale all that often, if at all. Yet Nordstrom has it marked down by 40%. Not bad.
Spier & Mackay: 20% off reg. priced Sportcoats w/ SC20
- Dark Navy Corduroy Sportcoat – $238.50 ($298)
- Navy Super 120s Wool Hopsack Sportcoat / Blazer – $238.50 ($298)
- Vitale Barberis Brushed Wool Windowpane Sportcoat – $262.40 ($328)
Wait a minute… is that navy hopsack wool sportcoat new? Seems like most sizes are available at post time. Not bad for a half canvas, super 120s wool, quarter lined, do-anything blazer. They’ve also dropped the prices on their suits by $30 – $40, depending on the line. Sizes can be limited (both for the suits and the sportcoats) depending on what you’re after though. We’re coming to the end of the season, and Spier usually sells just about out of stuff, then moves on and does a restock after that.
Huckberry: Final Countdown Markdowns + Free Shipping!
- LeviMoon – $239.98 ($289)
- Up to 25% off Select Blankets ($90 – $175)
- Standard Issue Leather Dopp Kit in Whiskey – $49.98 ($68)
- 25% off Sunski Sunglasses ($42 – $50)
It’s coming close to zero hour for getting the gifts you’re giving (or, well, getting for yourself) in time for the portly fella in the red suit to stash them under the annual piece of indoor evergreen conifer. Or something. You get the point. They’ve also put together a handy best-gifts page. Some of it is on sale. Some of it is not. Free shipping no minimum expires tomorrow, 12/14.
Target: 20% off Select Men’s Jeans w/ JEANS20
The Pick: Goodfellow & Co Slim Straight Fit Selvedge Jeans – $31.99 ($39.99)
Nice. It’s still jeans season, people (and will be for a very, very long time). Our resident Denim Head was oddly impressed with Target’s selvedge jeans. Head here for the full review. These are also available in slim, as well as straight.
J. Crew Factory: Extra 50% off Clearance w/ OHWHATFUN
- Shawl-collar sweater in supersoft wool blend – $24.99 FINAL ($49.99)
- Trekker vest – $29.99 FINAL ($59.99)
- Thompson blazer in brushed cotton – $49.99 FINAL ($99.99)
- Thompson blazer in houndstooth wool – $49.99 FINAL ($99.99)
- Cotton shawl cardigan sweater – $34.99 FINAL ($69.99)
And for once, the J. Crew Factory clearance section isn’t totally picked over. Quite the opposite in fact. Looks like this is the first wave of an end of season clear out. Careful though, there are final sale items in there. Those mean you can’t return them or exchange them.
BONUS I East Dane: Extra 30% off sale items w/ JOY18
- Allen Edmonds Nomad Bluchers – $193.20 ($345)
- Tumi Alpha Double Expansion Satchel – $165.90 ($395)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Suede Evans Boots – $224 ($400)
- To Boot New York Boston 2 Eye Chukka Boots – $182 ($325)
- To Boot New York Aldrich Chelsea Boots – $222.88 ($398)
As always, East Dane is fulfilled by Amazon. And it’s mostly high fashion. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some more down to earth pieces in the mix. Especially tempting would be those Allen Edmonds grain bluchers.
BONUS II Todd Snyder: 30% off select w/ HOLIDAYBONUS
- Made in the USA Italian Wool Unconstructed Sportcoat – $418.60 ($598)
- Made in the USA Red Wing Blacksmith in Copper Rough and Tough – $210 ($300)
- Made in the USA Wool Flannel Jacket & Pant in Light Grey – $557.20 ($796)
- Vans Gum Block Slip on in Classic White – $35 ($50)
What an odd collection of things in this select item sale. But there are some winners. Just… none of em’ are cheap. Cheaper? Yes. 30% off is a pretty hefty discount from Todd Snyder. So that’s greatly appreciated.
BONUS III Lands’ End: 50% Off w/ MERRY & 7894
- Wool Blend Topcoat – $174.50 ($349)
- Wool Blend Topocat in Windowpane – $199.50 ($399)
- Tailored Fit Comfort-First Knit Blazer – $99.50 ($199)
- Made in Germany Wine Glasses (Set of 4) – $19.98 ($39.95)
- Waxed Canvas Weekender Duffle Bag – $74.50 ($149)
- Tailored Fit Half-Canvas Italian Wool Navy Blazer – $149.50 ($299)
- 100% Cashmere V-Neck Sweater – $94.50 ($189)
This might… might work site-wide? On sale stuff too? And it’s not limited to just one item. You can pick up a bunch of stuff if you so choose.
Also worth a mention:
- EXPRESS: 40% off everything.
- J. Crew: 50% off select w/ THURSDAY
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale styles.