Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- The Italian Hybrid Peacoat – $373.50 ($498)
- The Waxed Cotton Jacket – $223.50 ($298)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool/Cashmere Blazer – $375 ($500)
- Wool Pocket Crew Neck Sweater – $118.50 ($158)
- Wool Cable Shawl Collar Cardigan – $186 ($248)
- Textured Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $118.50 ($158)
Good gravy. (And it is the month for gravy, no?) Bonobos stuff starts out expensive. Real expensive. But the styling sure does appeal to some of you guys, from what I can tell (me too in some cases). 25% off isn’t an extra 40% off sale, but this stuff is just in. And 25% off is better than the normal 20% off code. And it’s that kind of hard-hitting analysis that makes me the clown who runs this ship.
UPDATE: So this is 25% off $175+… not just 25% off across the board. Sorry guys, got some bad intel on that one. Anything under $175 in the picks above is gonna need an additional small item, from say the sale section, to trip that 25% off.
UPDATE II: Turns out it’ll be 25% off no min between 2pm ET and 4pm ET today?
- Herringbone Tweed Blazer in Ludlow or Classic Fit – $193.70 w/ FAMILY ($298)
- Lambswool Crewneck Sweater in Fair Isle – $78 w/ FAMILY ($120)
- Leather-wool Belt in Black Watch Tartan – $35.75 w/ FAMILY ($55)
- Made in Italy MacAlister Boot in Suede – $96.20 w/ FAMILY ($148)
- Wool Aran Fisherman Cable Sweater – $128.70 w/ FAMILY ($198)
- Brushed Wool Chore Jacket – $78 w/ FAMILY ($120)
- Wallace & Barnes Letterman Jacket – $72.14 w/ FAMILY ($148)
AND it works on sale stuff too. AND it appears that the classic fit, wider lapel, Moon Mills herringbone blazer is back and up for the code. The darn things aren’t even getting excluded at checkout like they were a couple days back (despite saying they WERE up for the code). So… have at it. Don’t forget that their new rewards program is super easy to sign up for. Just your email and you’re good to go.
- Denver Leather Travel Duffel Bag – $359.98 ($400)
- Dakota Waxed Canvas Weekender in Navy/Charcoal or Field Khaki – $269.98 ($300)
Not the biggest price drop, but they are pretty darn handsome. I think (think?) these are imported from Mexico? Not sure. Free shipping and free returns at least.
- Leather Chukka Boot – $82.80 ($138)
- Merino Blend Crew – $41.94 ($69.90) tons of colors
- Double Breasted Oversized Topcoat $178.80 ($298)
- Twill Sportcoat – $88.80 ($148)
- Camel Recycled Wool-Blend Topcoat – $178.80 ($298)
Seems like EXPRESS has been doing 40% off quite a bit lately, but, no complaints here. Those Red Wing ripoffs? Total guilty pleasure. They’re not half bad for around $80. Somewhere between a boot and a sneaker (the sole is really squishy/foam based). The leather isn’t half bad either. Will they last a lifetime like Red Wings? Of course not. But if you want something a little lighter weight and easier on the wallet, then might be worth a shot. Full review coming soon. Ships and returns for free.
- Moleskin Blazer – $69.12 ($128)
- Wool Cable-Knit Pullover Sweater – $37.77 ($69.95)
- Jeans in Slim Fit with GapFlex – $37.77 ($69.95)
- Selvedge Jeans in Slim Fit – $63.72 ($118)
- Wool Blend Colorblock Boot Socks – $6.99 ($12.95)
Was set to expire but they’ve extended it, and added a stackable extra 10% off code. A couple of intriguing new arrivals have hit GAP’s site just in time for their friends and family sale.
They’re back! One heck of a pair of boots for just under $200. The problem? It’s friggin’ Massdrop. So it’s final sale. Also, beware of sizing. Sized in UK sizes. Some say go down a full size, some say go down just half a size. Full review here.
- Slim heathered fisherman cable crewneck sweater – $41.70 ($69.50)
- Lambswool bomber – $44.70 ($74.50)
- Thompson blazer in tweed – $103.60 ($148)
- Thompson blazer in brushed cotton – $69.30 ($99)
- Thompson blazer in houndstooth wool – $88.80 ($148)
J. Crew Factory seemed to have really cut back on its codes and promos in the fall, so 30% – 40% off feels like a rare treat. Not everything is getting the 40% off cut, but finally some of their fall sportcoats are NOT excluded from a promotion. Big fan of those cotton fisherman sweaters. Especially since they come in a slim fit.
Also worth a mention:
- Allen Edmonds: Save $100 off select boots.
- Lands’ End: 40% off full priced styles w/ FRIENDLY & 4752
- UNIONMADE: Extra 25% off sale items w/ EXTRA25
- Club Monaco: 25% off coats and trenches.
- Orient: They’ve got a new addition to their Bambino collection.
- HauteLook: The Nordstrom Rack flash sale site is running a Cole Haan shoes and Clothes event right now.