The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below.
- 3 Shirts for $169 (reg $92 – $120 each)
- Made in the USA 1818 Suits, two for $1499 ($749.50 per, reg. $998 – $1298 per)
- 25% off Blazers
- 25% off most Sportcoats
- Soft Construction Italian Wool Milano Fit Plaid Sport Coat – $373.50 ($498)
- BrooksCool 100% Wool Blazer – $373.50 ($498) more info here
- Milano or Regent Fit Herringbone Sport Coat – $373.50 ($498) shown at top of post
- Regent Fit Hopsack Sport Coat – $373.50 ($498)
Not bad. Especially heading into the cooler weather. Big fan of their sportcoats. While the construction often takes place in the fuzzy, not very specific land of “imported,” they’re built well, and the Italian fabrics they make them out of are top notch. A splurge for most of us, but they wear well and hold up great.
Two watches, from different sources. The Nighthawk usually runs in the low $200s on Amazon (currently $223) so while the savings aren’t massive, there’s still some savings there. But since it’s Massdrop, you’ll have to wait (watches should ship 10/10), and all sales are final. Meanwhile, CountyComm has their popular SR-35, Seiko powered watches back in stock.
- Lambswool Bomber – $44.70 ($74.50)
- Cotton Shawl Cardigan Sweater – $41.70 ($69.50)
- SLIM Cotton Fisherman’s Sweater – $34.20 ($57)
- Flex Cords in Slim, Straight, or Athletic Fit – $29.70 ($49.50)
- Waxed Quilted Walker Vest – $47.70 ($79.50)
Some of us long time J. Crew Factory Fans (or Mercantile, whatever you want to call it), are starting to give some of this new fall line the side eye. “Perfect Merino Blend” sweaters that are listed as Cotton/Poly/Merino? When the old, 100% merino sweaters were awesome? No thank you. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t still some seriously good looking, solid buys. Especially for this time of year when we all start to layer up a bit more.
So these could be something. One of the most major complaints about UNIQLO’s tailored wear is that the arms are goofy long, and the tails are comically short. Gives you a real sponge-bob-squarepants silhouette. But this could solve that problem. For some body types. You’re in control here. Choose your chest size, and then you get to choose the length of the body and sleeves. The proportions might still be less than ideal for some torsos, but it could prevent the “power cube” look on others.
Also worth a mention…
- Banana Republic: 40% off $200+, but, usual exclusions apply (like BR Picks).
- Allen Edmonds: 30% off Brown Burnished Styles… which is what they have been going for (before any extra % off clearance codes) as they’ve been kicking about in the clearance section.
- Madewell: J. Crew’s more recently successful sister brand just launched a men’s side. First offerings are VERY basic though. Big thanks to Bharathram L. for the tip!