IT’S NOT JUST A HANDFUL. IT’S A HOEDOWN.
Why hoedown? Too much for a handful. Enjoy the long weekend fellas.
- Sumerweight Cotton-Linen Blazer in Fine Stripe or Coastline Navy – $126 ($168)
- Cotton Textured Stitch Cardigan + Suede Belt = $114.75 ($153)
- Field Mechanic Jacket – $148.50 ($198)
- Crosby Fit Traveler Wool Suit – $490 ($700)
- Crosby Fit Italian Worsted Wool Suit – $455 ($650)
- Ludlow Shawl Collar Dinner Jacket in Jacquard Cotton – $300.99 ($525)
The bummer? Lots of exclusions. None of their newest sportcoats are getting this cut. Neither is almost all of their shoe collection. Sure that’s to be expected, but, still kinda a drag. YET… Their outstanding summerweight sportcoats, or what’s left of them, are up for the discount. Finally, they’ve gone on sale. And there’s probably plenty of time to still get some use out of that white w/ black pinstripe option. And who says you can’t wear the blue year round?
- Brooks Brothers Warwick Single Monk w/ Slim Rubber Sole – $149.00
- Carlyle Oxford – $195.00
- Cornwallis Oxford – $199.00
- Fifth Ave. Oxford – $199.00
Certain styles dipping under $200? Including the sex-tastic Cornwallis? Not bad. As is always the case with the Shoebank, availability is determined by whichever size, width, and color you’re looking for. Remember, you’re on the hook for returns. More info on purchasing from the Shoebank can be found here.
The Pick: Higgins Mill Boot w/ Danite Sole – $250 ($350)
Two fifty for a Horween leather, Made in the USA, Goodyear Welted boot with a Danite rubber sole? That’s more than fair. There are four other models up for the discounts, but, guessing most will be intrigued by the Higgins Mill, far before the others. Full review here. Big thanks to Mike S. for pointing out the sale.
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Brown Check – $250ish US / $325 CAD ($358 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit Grey Herringbone – $274ish US / $359 CAD ($399 CAD)
- Slim or Contemporary Fit “Watch” Check – $250ish US / $325 CAD ($358 CAD)
Got all that? They’re basically knocking about 10% off their new batch of sportcoats, as long as you get in on the pre-order by the end of Sunday. Heads up on that grey herringbone… it’s 90% wool and 10% cashmere. And thus, the more expensive price.
H&M’s quality can be super suspect, sometimes, but their “Premium Quality” shoes are a bargain, even at full price. Now that they’re marked down? Sweet. Derby shoes are made in Portugal. Full review here. Guessing those chukkas are the same?
Those be some steep, steeeeep thresholds. Love their shirts. Absolutely LOVE their shirts, but minimum spend here is $200 ($250 x .20). And even if you buy a couple shirts to get the 25% discount, each shirt is still north of a hundred bucks. That said, they are something. And that lowered second button is nothing short of terrific. Seems like most of their shirts are made in Northwest Poland.
- Slim Photographer Gray Plaid Blazer – $118.80 ($198)
- Textured Mock Neck Cardigan – $70.80 ($118)
- Slim Photographer Cotton Twill Blazer – $118.80 ($198)
- Textured Shawl Collar Popover – $41.94 ($69.90)
- Long Sleeve Chambray Popover – $35.94 ($59.90)
Gotta be honest. That Cotton/Nylon/Wool textured cardigan, with its snaps and mock neck (two things that maybe not everyone looks for) looks awfully good from this side of the monitor. Might have to activate article treat yo self on that one.
These have gone for as low as $49.99 in the past (if memory serves, maybe even a little less?), but, prices have been going up everywhere. Proof? The “retail” price used to be $99. Now it’s $120. And they’re a hell of a boot. So $52.49 isn’t something to sneeze at, especially for this leather and those looks.
Banana Republic: 40% off w/ FALL40 (exclusions apply)
- Modern Slim Grey Chambray Blazer – $113.99 ($230)
- Chelsea Boots in Black or Cognac – $106.80 ($178)
- Alexander Chukka Boots – $88.80 ($148)
- Italian Leather Briefcase – $118.80 ($198)
Dang it. The dreaded “BR PICKS” exclusion is in full effect. So a ton of their site is not getting the discount. But surprisingly some brand new items are. Like their new Chelsea boots, and the just released chukkas.
Not really a Labor Day specific sale event, but still worth pointing out. Can’t say enough about the Kieran boot. Made in Italy. Fantastic shape. Brilliant, grippy but not stubby sole. Full review of the black, waxed-like-finish horse leather boot can be found here.
The Pick: The Mayfair Sportcoat in Grey Plaid – $279.30 ($495)
Full honesty: It’s a pretty scattered selection. Lots of extreme sizes, and not a lot of stock. But that sportcoat? Made in the USA? For that price? It’s not cheap. But it doesn’t appear to be final sale either. Why Johnny Ringo. You look like somebody just walked over your grave. (No clue why that was just written. Must be due for watching Tombstone for the 754,243th time.)
- J. Crew Factory Dalton Suede Cafe Racer Jacket – $239
- Striped “Harbor” Crew – $27.00
- Thompson Fit Blue Tweed Sportcoat – $114.00
- SLIM Fit Cotton Cable Fisherman Sweater – $44.50
More picks here from yesterday in case you missed it.
Also worth a mention:
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off Sale Items w/ FAREWELLSUMMER
- Cole Haan: Extra 30% off Sale Items w/ EXTRA30
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off Sale Items w/ BEST
- UNIQLO: $15 off $125 w/ LBR15
- GAP: 40% off your purchase w/ SHINEON. There are restrictions though.
- Lands’ End: 30% off reg. priced styles w/ ENJOY30 and PIN 9501