Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Macy’s: Extra 25% off $100+ w/ STYLE
- Bar III Slim Fit Cotton/Poly Half Lined Sportcoat – $112.49 ($295)
- Allen Edmonds Hanover Plain Toe Shoes – $194.99 ($345)
- Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 Double Monks – $273.75 ($365)
- Allen Edmonds Strands – $273.75 ($365)
- Bar III Seersucker Gingham Slim Fit Sport Coat – $112.49 ($295)
First, gotta address the shoes. To some, wholecuts are sexy as hell. To others, they’re ugly as sin. Now, Macy’s has labeled this shade as “rust”. Rust? Heard of Walnut, Bourbon, even Merlot and Chili. But haven’t heard of the shade “rust” in a while. Maybe they’re bourbon? Full review of the Hanover over here. Other Allen Edmonds that should be up for the discount here, including the new Mora 2.0. No word on how much of the shell in that Bar III sportcoat is poly, but at least the description says it’s half-lined. Remember, the 25% only comes off once you get $100+ in your cart. Hat tip to Charlie Z. for sending in a style tip on this one.
J. Crew Factory: 30% off Everything
- Factory Washed Button Down in Alabaster & Navy Pindot – $24.15 ($68)
- Thompson Sportcoat in Navy Herringbone Linen/Cotton – $117.60 ($188)
Was just 30% off new arrivals last week, now it’s 30% off everything, and some additional markdowns have been applied to the new stuff. That pin-dot shirt should be a nice way to work a not-so-normal pattern into a spring or summer outfit without going nuts. Wear it to a wedding with a khaki cotton suit and a knit tie. Fancy friggin’ pants, without going full dandy. Blazer is a bit more casual in person. 55% linen, 45% cotton, and a herringbone pattern that stands out a bit. Not in a bad way, but it has a bit of a summer-tweed thing going on (without the weight or scratch). Sleeve buttons are non functional, side vents in the rear, and it is fully lined, but at least it’s lined in acetate (which will breathe some, unlike polyester). Size shown above is a 38R and fits real well off the rack.
Brooks Brothers: 30% Off Select Items “Spring Sale”
- Bold Stripe Crewneck Sweater – $89.60 ($128)
- Texture Striped Rugby – $68.60 ($98)
- Long-Sleeve Stripe Henley – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Chest Stripe Rugby Pique Polo – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Bar Stripe Pocket Tee – $27.65 ($39.50)
This is odd. Can’t recall Brooks Brothers running a select items sale anytime in the not too distant past. It’s Brooks Brothers, so even with 30% off it’s not cheap, ($28 for a t-shirt?), but for the BB Diehards, worth a mention. That bold striped crewneck sweater pictured above has a nice gauge to the knit, is made from a cotton wool blend, and looks all sorts of right, but… $90? Ow.
East Dane: 20% off $250 w/ BIGEVENT14
The Picks: Wolverine 1000 Mile Plain Toe (Color No. 8) – $280 ($350), Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Wingtip – $300 ($375)
This is a tiered, must-spend code, and the thresholds are sky high. BIGEVENT14 = 20% off $250, 25% off $500, and 30% off $1000+ (good grief, who’s dropping a grand at a time while shopping online?). It’s FAR from the Sierra Trading Post 2nds quality deal that happened months ago… but hey, it’s something. For those unfamiliar with East Dane, head here for an introduction.
Target: 20% off $75+ of Clothing/Shoes/Accessories
Merona Leather Chukka+ Three Crew/V Neck Mossimo Tees = $63.97 Mossimo 98% Cotton Navy Suit Jacket+ Ultimate Dress Shirt = $67.98
- Timex Expedition Brass Case Chrono + Merona Dark Chambray Shirt = $71.98
What is this, oddly high threshold code week? $75 is a lot at Target. At least free shipping kicks in at $50, so by default, you don’t get dinged on those charges. A few points:
#1.The Chukkas are great (although some say the sole wears fast). The T-shirts are as good as it gets for under ten bucks, and the 60/40 cotton poly blend is super soft. Athletic fit too. UPDATE: Looks like the Chukkas aren’t sold online anymore? Weird.
#2. Haven’t seen that new 98% cotton / 2% spandex suit jacket yet, but there might be something there. And if the classic fit on their ultimate dress shirt isn’t worth tailoring up to you, they do have a more tailored / 100% cotton option. But boy, those ultimate dress shirts hold up well.
#3. Meanwhile, that Timex is legitimate. Great weight. And it’s actually less w/ the chambray shirt via Target, than it is on Amazon alone.
That… got complicated.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: Free shipping, no min, through 3/4.
- UNIQLO: They just got their half lined “Cord Lane” seersucker-like jackets in.
- Yoox: 10% off + Free shipping w/ twodays10
- MaxtonMen: 30% off all socks w/ SOCKS30
- Banana Republic: 40% off (usual exclusions, so, no blazers) w/ BRTUNEIN (hat tip to Cyle)