Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
The Get it, Wait, & See: Gilt City: Extra 25% off at J. Crew Factory - Free
Two key points here from the fine print:
- Valid through Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:59pm ET
- This 25% off voucher can be used on top of J.Crew Factory’s already existing sales and promotions of up to 50% off.
SO. As long as you’re willing to hand over an email (if you haven’t already) to Gilt’s “Gilt City” groupon-like site, and then play the wait-and-see game between now and tax day, you might be able to bottom out the price on something from J. Crew Factory depending on what promos/codes they’ll run. It’s a free voucher, so all you have to do is sign up and you’ll get a code emailed to you within 24 hours. Many thanks to Jason, Jesse, and Chip for the style tips on this deal.
The Pick: Magnanni Double Monk Medallion Cap Toe – $224.00 ($320)
Oh. Lord. Just in. A lot going on with that shoe, but thankfully Magnanni went with a more traditional toe (instead of their spear-like chisel they use on plenty of other models). Might drop further with upcoming sales. Just in at the LastCall site. Ships free with the code FREESHIP.
That’s two Gilt City deals in one handful. Nice work outta them today. Unlike the J. Crew Factory deal, this one costs money. And $75 is a lot to spend on a shirt, but Ledbury shirts are a legitimate splurge. If you like to go tieless, these are perfect. The second button is set just a touch lower, so you don’t look stuffy with one undone (yet don’t show tons o’ man-chest with two undone). Fabrics are fantastic and construction is terrific. Problem is they’re ALWAYS sold out of slim fits. But the voucher doesn’t expire until July 1st (and at that point, it’s just worth the $75 paid value).
Well that’s nice and simple. A little on the small side though. At 18″ x 12″ x 8″ , you’re looking at a touch over 1700 cubic inches of space. That’s more gym bag than weekend duffle for a lot of us. But still. Leather looks pretty decent in the online pics. Metal feet on the underside. Free shipping and free returns.
Part of Ralph Lauren’s Pink Pony event, where they donate $100,000 towards their “pink pony” fund which supports cancer care and prevention. Meanwhile, nice looking driving loafers this year. And good call by them to move the “polo” logo off the heel, to a more subtle, embossed location on the side. But… the tan loafers are called Wyndings? ???
Also worth a mention
- Billy Reid: 20% off Friends &Family w/ FF2014. (They seem oddly low in stock, especially for their sale section, compared to F&F events in the past.)
- Banana Republic: 35%, 40%, or 50% off select customer sale with the usual exclusions (this is one of those you go to the site via an email link or otherwise and a code pops up).
- GILT: They’ve launched a Billykirk event.
- J. Crew: Their Extra 30% off & Extra 50% off Final Sale items w/ SHOPNOW is still going on.
- Kenneth Cole: 30% off F&F w/ FFA14.
- H&M: 30% off $100+ with code 1748, 25% off $75+ with code 1737, 20% off $50+ with code 1726