It’s over. It’s all over. It’s just starting. Sorta. We’ve now reached peak end of season clearance time in the world of retail. Instead of the usual Monday Tripod, here’s a round up of the best of what’s going on, end-of-year-sale-wise, in the world of affordable men’s style. This post will be updated over the next few days as more sales roll in. (Top Photo Credit)
Bonobos: Extra 30% off sale items w/ ALLSHEWROTE
- Knit Cotton/Poly Blazer in Charcoal Check – $175 ($350)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer in Navy Blue Check – $252 ($450)
- Capstone Italian Wool Tuxedo – $489.30 ($900)
- Italian Stretch Brushed Wool Suit – $318.50 ($700)
- Stretch Everyday Shirt – $27.30 FINAL ($89)
- Stretch Riviera Short Sleeve Shirt – $41.30 ($79)
- Stretch Flannel Shirt – $48.30 ($110)
- Corduroy 5-Pocket Pants in Pine Green – $41.30 FINAL ($119)
- Corduroy 5-Pocket Pants in Bracken – $41.30 FINAL ($119)
- The Homestretch Jogger – $34.30 ($99)
- Premium Stretch Jeans – $48.30 FINAL ($149)
Everything from Joggers to Italian wool shawl collar tuxedos. Didn’t think their (seasonal fabrics) unconstructed blazers would hit the sale section and hit it this hard quite so soon either. One of the better “sale-on-sale” events Bonobos has run in a very long time. Watch out for any final sale stuff scattered about. Anything tagged as final sale can’t be returned, and sometimes depending on the color/pattern of an item, it’ll switch to final sale from not final sale depending on which option you’re after. Code ALLSHEWROTE runs through Tuesday, January 3rd.
Rhone: End of Season FINAL Sale
- Black Long Sleeve Delta Pique Polo – $68.60 FINAL ($98)
- Navy Long Sleeve Delta Pique Polo – $68.60 FINAL ($98)
- SHORT sleeve delta Pique Polos – $61.60 FINAL ($98) various colors, no black or navy though
- Commuter Button Down Shirts – $89.60 FINAL ($128) just some greens and red patterns are on sale
Heads up. Delta Pique Polos, both short and long sleeve, are 30% off. Those almost never go on sale. The problem is that they’re final sale. So no returns or exchanges. Which is not a big deal for those of us who are frequent customers, but if you’re unsure of fit… don’t do it. Gotta love that tech fabric pique though. Breathable, wicking, and the hidden under collar button down feature is immense. Especially for those of us who love wearing our polos, on occasion, with suits and sportcoats. Size shown above is a medium on 5’10″/185. Looks like black and navy are stocked up in the long sleeve. Not so for short sleeve though. Basic colors seem to be excluded on the short sleeve side of things.
J. Crew: 25% off select full, Extra 50% – 75% off Final Sale w/ NEWYEAR
- Kenton Chelsea Boots – $223.50 ($298) not final sale, 25% off
- Kenton Pacer Boots in “root beer” pull-up leather – $223.50 ($298) not final sale, 25% off
- Abraham Moon for J.Crew wool scarf – $15.49 FINAL ($78)
- Cords in 484 Slim-fit or 770 straight fit – $29.50 ($88) not final sale
- Marled rugged merino wool half-zip sweater – $43.99 FINAL ($110)
- Marled rugged merino wool shawl collar sweater – $43.99 FINAL ($110)
- Slim or Straight Fit Brushed Twill pants in blue plaid or speckled gray – $19.49 FINAL ($298)
Updating for the weekend since J. Crew changed their offer. Gone is the blanket extra 60% off final sale stuff, instead it’s now 50% off… or 75% off the sale section (as long as it’s final sale.) They’ve also added 25% off select full, which isn’t a lot compared to what they were dolling out the last month, but that holiday push is clearly over. Their slim and straight fit cords are still, weirdly enough, $29.50 and not final sale. A bit random, there. Code NEWYEAR runs through Tuesday 1/3.
Spier & Mackay: Up to 25% off Boxing Day Sale w/ BOX22
- Peacot in 90% Wool & 10% Cashmere Melton – $358.50 ($478) 25% off
- Overcoat in 85% Merino Wool & 15% Mongolian Cashmere – $380.80 ($448) 15% off
- Soft Parka in 85% Wool & 15% Cashmere – $380.80 ($448) 15% off
- Chunky Merino Cardigans – $185.30 ($218) 15% off
- Tweed Trousers in Abraham Moon Wool – $134.40 ($168) 20% off
- Shawl Collar Cardigan in 100% Waffle-weave Merino Wool – $134.30 ($158) 15% off
- Overshirt in 100% Shetland Wool from Abraham Moon – $182.40 ($228) 20% off
- Down Blazer in Italian Wool Flannel – $338.30 ($398) 15% off
- Sportcoats in Italian Wool Twill – $363.80 ($428) 15% off
Sale is strewn about their entire site, but with exclusions (of course). Code is BOX22 … which sounds like a football audible. Anyway, nobody looks better than Spier right now. Out of all the brands and stores, if you had to pick one place to wear only their stuff for the rest of time… Spier would be a really, really great choice. Code BOX22 ends Tuesday 1/3/23.
Banana Republic: Extra 30% off Sale Items
- Slim Traveler Pants – $49 ($100) camel or navy
- Moleskin Traveler Cargos – $41.97 FINAL ($150)
- Italian Wool Flannel Joggers – $41.97 FINAL ($170)
- Dark Brown Grain Leather Chukkas – $76.97 FINAL ($200)
- Dark Brown Wingtip Boots – $83.97 FINAL ($225)
- Tan Suede Chukkas – $76.97 FINAL ($200)
No code needed, just watch out for stuff tagged as final sale. It’s a mix in there, but mostly final. As with other brands, final sale = no returns. So you’d be stuck with it. Like those boots. Final sale, especially shoes, are a very risky proposition.
Brooks Brothers: Up to 60% off semi-annual sale
- Knit wool blend Pinstripe Suit Jacket – $249 ($498) 50% off
- Regent Regular-Fit Fine-Wale Corduroy Plaid Sport Coat – $249 ($498) 50% off
- Regent Regular-Fit Portuguese Flannel Shirt – $64 ($128) 50% off
- Wool Flannel Trousers – $148.80 ($248) 40% off
- Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $51.20 ($128) 60% off
Gone is the blanket 40% off which was running and even applying to their Rancourt shoes. But instead we get a select items sale across their site. Sometimes the savings are more than the 40% off which was running. Plenty is now full price (like the Rancourts which were an aberration), but there are some apparent steals in there all the same.
Charles Tyrwhitt: Up to 60% off during their sale
- Semi-Spread Collar Egyptian Cotton Hampton Weave Shirt – $49.75
- Button-Down Collar Non-Iron Stretch Poplin Mini Gingham Shirt – $44.75
- Semi-Spread Collar Egyptian Cotton Twill Hairline Stripe Shirt – $44.75
- Semi-Spread Collar Egyptian Cotton Twill Check Shirt – $44.75
No multi-buys needed for the multi-buy prices. Which is nice. Just a heads up that I got one (just one, single) report of a long time CT customer reporting that his latest order wasn’t up to their usual standards. Coulda been a bad batch, could be some growing panes from moving production around due to COVID. Not sure. But yeah, know that.
lululemon: “End of Year Scores” (final sale)
- Surge Jogger – $89 FINAL ($118)
- Metal Vent Tech Short Sleeve Shirt 2.0 – $39 – $54 FINAL ($78)
- Commission Slim-Fit Wool-Blend Pant 32″ inseam – $99 FINAL ($148)
All final sale. Stock sure looks a bit limited and sizes can move fast. Not a ton in there at post time.
adidas: Up to 60% off End of Year Sale
- Tiro Track Pants – $25 ($50) multiple colors
- Superstars – $50 ($100)
- Ultraboost DNA XXII – $152 ($190)
Wasn’t expecting 50% off their mega popular Tiro track pants. Big fan of those, and their easier on/off zippers at the ankles. Also note that they’re running a gift card promotion through New year’s Eve. Buy a $50 gift card for $40 or a $100 gift card for $75. Limit 5 per order.
Tie Bar: Up to 50% off Final Sale Styles
- 100% Wool River West Scarf – $12.50 ($25)
- Brushed Cotton Solid Blue Casual Shirt – $45.50 ($65)
- Corduroy Utility Shirt Navy Casual Shirt – $45.50 ($65)
- 100% Wool West Town Pane Light Grey Scarf – $17.50 ($25)
Bunch of holiday specific stuff has been dumped in there, but there’s year-round stuff as well. All final sale though. No returns or exchanges.
Spier & Mackay: Core Line Suits Restock – $378
- Medium Gray Sharkskin Super 110s Wool Suit – $378
- “Navy” Sharkskin Super 110s Wool Suit – $378
- Bright Navy Wool Suit – $378
- True Navy Wool Suit – $378
“But they’re not on sale.” They’re half canvas, have easy to tailor non functioning sleeve cuff buttons, come in two fits (slim or a more athletic “contemporary” fit) and are made from nice wool. They’re $378, and sell out often. They don’t need to be on sale to be a steal. That price to quality ratio is as unique as it gets in the industry.
Todd Snyder: Extra 20% off sale items (new items added) w/ WINTER20
- Made in Portugal Italian Stretch Wool Gray Check Suit Jacket + Matching Trouser = $550.40 ($876)
- 100% Brisbane Moss Cotton Moleskin Greatcoat – $559.20 ($998)
- Made in the USA Long Sleeve Full Placket Jersey Polo – $95.20 ($158)
- Made in Italy Nomad Boots – $151.20 ($248)
- Made in the USA Black Camo Sweatshirt – $67.20 FINAL ($168) ideas on how to wear it, here.
New items have been added, including a couple colors of those made in Italy desert boots. See Adam’s review of those boots here. Watch out for final sale stuff. It’s a mix in there. Final sale items can’t be returned or exchanged.
Also worth a mention…
- Mr. Porter: One of their rare sale events has launched.
- Bespoke Post: Their End of Year sale is live.
- Oak Street Bootmakers: They’re running an end of season sale, and their smart, cap-toe “Lakeshore” boots are 15% off. An investment for sure, but 15% off helps a bit.