J. Crew is launching a 3 days of surprise deals event, and today is day 1.
And it’s super random:
- Sussex quilted jacket with PrimaLoft – $84.50 ($168)
50% off49% off*
- Marled rugged merino wool shawl-collar sweater – $49.50 ($110) 55% off
- Rugged merino wool cardigan sweater – $59.50 ($160) 62% off
- Marled rugged merino wool half-zip sweater – $49.50 ($110) 55% off …big Manning-Brothers energy.
- Slim organic cotton chambray shirt in one-year wash – $39.50 ($79.50) 50% off
- Stretch Cords in 484 Slim or 770 Straight – $39.50 ($88) 55% off
For these to be: 1. New for the season goods, 2. NOT final sale, that certainly makes for something. J. Crew’s codes usually are capped at 40% off. So 50% off or more, even if it is a small selection of some wheelhouse goods, is unusual. The highlights are the cords and the Sussex jackets. The quilted Sussex is one of those items that J. Crew hasn’t messed with since they’re so darn good. Those don’t usually see half off, especially right at the start of November.
One warning: An item they HAVE messed with, is their dock peacoats. Those are not the same as years past. And many of us won’t like the changes J. Crew decided to implement for 2022 (shorter body, six button front instead of eight, etc.)
Deal is set to expire today, November 1st, 2022.
*Pricing note on the Sussex: I don’t know why they keep saying some of their goods are 50% off when clearly they aren’t. I’m no mathamatician, but $168 (full price) divided by two is eighty-four. Flat. Not eighty-four-fifity. Pedantic? Yes of course! We’re only talking $0.50 here, but J. Crew inc. has gotten in hot water for pricing details in the past. They may be playing with fire here. Maybe. Just an observation. I myself don’t give a hoot, and I know most of you won’t, but in a post-truth world, some of us value… y’know, facts and accuracy. That stuff matters to some of us. Love J. Crew. But, yeah.