Editor’s Note: In the past we used to sit the “Veterans Day” sales out because the term just sounds odd (much like Memorial Day sales). But after hearing from more than a few Vets, our silence had been misplaced. Word is even stores on Military bases have Veterans Day sales, so, while much of the world sees November 11th (and the observance around it) as a solemn occasion, here in the States it’s different. Our policy on keeping quiet on Memorial Day won’t change, but for Veterans day, we’ve been given the green light from the segment of the readership who has served.
Now then, if you’re one of us in the regular civilian population, and you want to tip your cap to them? Maybe consider spending some of that style budget on a donation to the USO, the EOD Warrior Foundation, Special Ops Warrior Fund, or another organization dedicated to helping our veterans.
- Goodfellow Slim Straight Corduroy 5-Pocket Pants – $19.59 ($27.99) four colors
- Goodfellow Slim Chinos – $17.50 ($25) nine colors
- Goodfellow Pintuck Jogger Pants – $20.99 ($29.99) four colors
- Goodfellow Slim Jeans – $23.09 ($32.99)
- All in Motion Lightweight Hooded Puffer – $40.60 ($58)
- All in Motion Softshell Jacket – $33.60 ($48) looks like it could be a cheaper alternative to the Lululemon Sojurn? Target option has a sherpa lined collar, which seems a bit odd.
- Buffalo Plaid Sherpa Fleece Jacket – $27.99 ($39.99)
- Goodfellow Stretch Oxford – $17.49 ($24.99)
- Goodfellow & Co. Angus Vintage Sneakers – $23.99 ($32.99) review here
30% off is as steep as it gets at Target since their stuff is already so affordable. Usually it’s 15% off. Or maybe a five dollar off deal. Looks to be working on lots of Goodfellow as well as All in Motion. Runs through Saturday, 11/12. Remember that they make you log in (or create an account) and then click/tap the “save offer” button for it to actually apply.
Huckberry: 20% off for active duty, veterans and military families using ID.me (exp. 11/11)
- USA Made Flint and Tinder Flannel Lined Waxed Truckers – $238.40 ($298)
- Proof 72-Hour Merino LS Henley – $78.40 ($98)
- Rhodes Jackson Chelsea Boots – $158.40 ($198)
- Rhodes Portland Cap Toe Boots – $200 ($250)
- Rhodes Logan Boondocker Plain Toe Boots – $200 ($250)
- Rhodes Jackson Chelsea Boots Lug Sole Boots – $238.40 ($298)
- Flint and Tinder Made in the USA 10-year Hoodies – $96* ($118)
A sitewide sale at Huckberry is extraordinarily rare, so this is pretty cool of them. And they’ve even included their best-selling waxed trucker jackets. Huckberry usually offers a 10% off Veterans discount, but for today and tomorrow (11/10-11/11) they’ve doubled it to 20%. Nice. Note there are a few exclusions (because there’s some stuff that’s excluded from any sort of sale/promo)… you can find those here.
*UPDATE: Looks like the 10 Year collection is getting an unusual, 25% off discount. For everyone. Not sure if the 20% off military discount stacks, but if it does, that’d be something else.
- Deerskin gloves black touchscreen compatible – $95
- Deerskin gloves brown touchscreen compatible – $95
- Deerskin gloves brown – $95 (not touchscreen compatible)
- Deerskin gloves tan – $95 (not touchscreen compatible)
No sale or discount, but if memory serves, Kent Wang doesn’t do sales. Unless they’re discontinuing a line like their shoes. And their deerskin gloves are so popular that you’ve gotta think these are here to stay for the rest of eternity. What’s NOT gonna stick around is all the sizes they have at present. They usually sell pretty fast. Available in either touch screen compatible (black and dark brown), or regular/not touch screen compatible (another dark brown, and a new tan shade). Made in the UK. Cashmere lined.
- Air Max Dawn – $92 ($115)
- Air Force 1 ’07 – $88 ($110)
- Air Force 1 Mid ’07 QS – $120 ($150)
- Dri-FIT Challenger Running Tights – $49.60 ($62)
It’s another one of those you have to log in or create an account to use it. Some casual style stuff, of course. But also some cold weather gear (like those tights) for those who are getting ready for the
long slog invigorating challenge where bad-arses are made that is winter.
Available in navy or charcoal. Seawool is that stuff that’s spun from recycled plastic bottles and oyster shells, and then combined with a bit of viscose, nylon, and wool. Plus, the cable knit pattern is timeless. So it’s a seafaring sweater that also has a bit of a heart. Something land-lubbers and deckhands can both enjoy. Regular fit. Available in either a crewneck (shown above) or a shawl collar cardigan. Same price, which is nice.
- Ultimate365 Tapered Golf Pants – $59.50 ($85) 32″ inseams only?
- TRX Vintage Shoes – $49 ($100) already half off and thus excluded
- Stan Smith w/ Gum Sole – $56 ($100)
Bit of a weird one because it doesn’t seem like adidas actually says what the percentage off is anywhere. But while testing it out on those bestselling golf pants, it seems like it’s 30% off. Or, an additional 30% off (maybe?) if something is already on sale.
Also worth a mention:
- Rancourt & Co.: 15% off non-sale w/ HOLIDAY22 . Code runs through the end of November. Note that anything not in stock (made-to-order items) may not ship in time for Christmas.
- J. Crew: 30% off select with FRIENDS . 40% off select with FAMILY if you login to your J. Crew rewards account. Usual exclusions seem to be applicable once again.
- Black Lapel: 10% off $400 w/ BLACKLAPEL10 , 15% off $800 with BLACKLAPEL15 , 20% off $1500 w/ BLACKLAPEL20 (runs clear through 11/30)
- Lands’ End: 50% off w/ RED and 6898
- Brooks Brothers: 30% off full price, some exclusions apply.