If you’re gracious enough to be a frequent reader of our tiny corner of the interwebz (hello!!), by now you’re probably familiar with the Seiko 5 Sports dive style automatic watch. It’s been getting a lot of run lately, and was recently mentioned in our newish Double Time series.
They’re solid watches. Well made, with a dependable automatic movement. Heritage brand, and it’ll look good with almost anything casual, smart-casual, and can even pull some duty with dressier clothes.
The problem is their price can swing as much as $100 at authorized dealers, such as Macy’s.
But thankfully they just hit the low end of that big swing:
- Seiko 5 Sports Black Dive-Style Automatic – $188.80 ($295) UPDATE: blast! The black dial w/ bracelet option appears to be sold out? They have one on a nylon strap if that’s more your speed.
- Seiko 5 Sports Blue Dive-Style Automatic – $188.80 ($295)
- Seiko 5 Sports Black/Gilt Dive-Style Automatic – $188.80 ($295)
- Seiko 5 Sports SRPE Black – $176 ($275)
- Seiko 5 Sports SRPE Black Dial / Stainless Bracelet – $176 ($275)
- Seiko 5 Sports SRPE Gray – $176 ($275)
Along with their field-y, SRPE brothers, this is about as good as it gets for these particular watches. Tagged by Macy’s as having the “lowest price of the Spring Season,” both the 5-Sports Dive Models and the field-y SRPE models are now well under two hundred bucks.
And unlike gray market dealers, you should be getting a full manufacturer’s warranty with an authorized dealer.
There’s a few more style & color options than those six shown above, but those are the highlights.
Sale price ends Sunday.
Next Double Time is coming next week. Two watches under $400 is the task for the next “episode.” And yes, the 5 Sports Dive Style will be featured.