Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Combination Cedar Shoe Trees – $21 ($30)
- Full-Toe Cedar Shoe Trees – $21 ($30)
- Full-Toe Cedar Shoe Trees w/ Knob – $24.50 ($35)
- Travel Shoe Trees – $21 ($30)
- Combination Cedar Boot Trees with Knob – $48.30 ($69)
Somehow managed to totally forget that shoe trees are also on sale during AE’s big Rediscover America event. All made in the USA. Everything from the basics, to full on trees for your boots, to travel trees for you flyboys who jet about the planet with your fancy shoes. I’d like to argue that taking care of nice shoes is not as nearly as difficult as many shoe snobs want you (and me) to think. But shoe trees aren’t just helpful. They’re necessary. They help keep the shape of your shoes when not in use, the cedar absorbs moisture leftover from your feet, AND that cedar smells pretty good too. Full original picks for the big sale can be found here. New trees. You’re gonna need ’em.
- Tangier Kingstowne Kudu Leather Boot – $297.50 ($425) runs half a size large
- Tangier Chambers Chelsea Boot – $276.50 ($395)
- Tangier Balfort Leather Wingtip – $262.50 ($375)
Splurge-city alert. Haven’t tried their house brand Italian made shoes, but man alive do they look promising. Especially those gray kudu leather chelseas. Blake stitched. Made in Italy. Works on more than their shoes of course. But yeah. Those look terrific.
- lululemon Evolution Polo – $47.98 ($88)
- lululemon Metal Vent Polo – $47.98 ($88)
- Made in the USA “45” Triblend Tee – $28.98 ($45)
- Mystery Ranch Mission Rover – 43L – $129.98 ($185)
- Hestra Montgomery – Lambskin Suede Gloves – $104.98 ($175)
- IZIPIZI Sun Nautic Sunglasses – $51.98 ($65)
- Raen Optics Clyve – $104.98 ($150)
It does appear that Huckberry’s sale section has gotten a smallish injection of new items, now on sale? Includes a couple of lululemon polo sizes. Won’t expect those to last long.
Nineteen bucks! Retro-America-Impulse-Buy-Time! 100% cotton. One-size-fits most. Unfolded size is 12.5″ x 9.5″with a 4″ cuff. And they ship in November, so there will be plenty of winter left to use it. Some of us will stick to the Huckberry acrylic, wool, nylon, spandex beanies (because they’re awesome), but if you prefer cotton and want to support Gustin who does their stuff in the USA, then it’d be hard to beat these. One would think.
- Havana Slim Fit Wool Jacket – $199.97 ($399)
- Sienna Blue Check Slim Fit Wool Suit – $299.97 ($599)
- Red 93% wool, 7% cashmere Jacket – $249.97 ($499) (Havana Fit? Looks to be hopsack?)
Temper your excitement, unless you’re a size 34. Sizes are so scattered that to be honest, there was hesitation on posting this. But Suitsupply is so rarely on sale (fingers crossed they bring the outlet back after the holidays?) that it was maybe worth a shot in the dark.
- Textured rugged merino wool shawl cardigan with striped trim – $96.60 ($138)
- Dock peacoat in herringbone – $208.60 ($298)
- Sherpa-lined wool varsity jacket with PrimaLoft – $208.60 ($298)
- Long-sleeve mixed waffle-knit crewneck in stripe – $55.65 ($79.50)
- Brushed Twill Pants in 484 Slim fit or 770 Straight Fit – $62.65 ($89.50)
- Rugged merino half-zip sweater in colorblock bird’s eye – $82.60 ($118)
- Kiltie slippers in C.F. Stead English suede – $138.60 ($198)
- Wool scarf in buffalo check – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Striped elastic webbing belt – $34.65 ($49.50)
This is more of a heads up on the big cold-weather goods drop that just happened at J. Crew. Might pay off to hang tight for a more substantial discount. I mean, 40% off just happened. But (insert usual disclaimer about supply chains, extended delivery times, etc…). So yeah. Here we are.
Also worth a mention:
- Banana Republic FACTORY: 50% off everything + additional 20% off 100+ (expires today, 10/21)
- Spier and Mackay: They’re now doing… jeans??
- Allen Edmonds: The Rediscover America Sale is still rolling. Full picks here.
- Banana Republic: Extra 50% off FINAL Sale Items. Big thanks to Freddy T. for the heads up about how BR has moved their sale section to FINAL sale now. Kinda odd.
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 15% off orders of $100+, or an extra 20% off orders of $125+ w/ SOBRIGHT
- Bonobos: Lots of new fall arrivals are in.
- Huckberry: In a sign that retailers (industry wide) are freaked out about getting stuff out in time for the holidays… Huckberry’s gift shop is already open for business.