Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Five of the better sales are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Spier and Mackay: 20% off all Shoes w/ SHOES
- Cap Toe Balmoral in Dark Brown, Black, Mocca Suede, or Tobacco Suede – $198.40 ($248)
- Wholecuts in Black or Dark Brown – $198.40 ($248)
- Double Monk Straps in Mocca Suede, Dark Brown, or Black – $198.40 ($248)
- Loafers in Volpe Suede, Mocca Suede, Dark Brown, or Black – $198.40 ($248)
Spier already offers super high value for the dollar when it comes to their suits, sportcoats, and shoes, so any extra bit off is a big deal. And their Goodyear Welted footwear is just sleek enough to stand out, without looking overly pointy. Head here for a review of those cap toe oxfords. Remember, if it’s your FIRST shoes, sportcoat, or suit purchase, returns are free. Other than that, you’re on the hook for a $15 pre paid label (they’re a small company and based in Canada). And sale/promo items have a 14 day return window. So, tread carefully (and quickly!) if you’re on the fence.
Banana Republic: 50% off Core Temp Chinos – $49 ($98)
Those Core Temps are excellent, and half off is basically friends and family pricing. Hard to get them for less. Yes the Lululemon Warpstreme Commission Pant and ABC chino are just a bit “better” in regards to fit, feel, fabric, and performance… but the Core Temp is lightweight, flexible, breathable, smooth, and suuuper comfortable… all for less than half the price of the Lululemons when on sale (more details comparing the two can be found here). Just wish they made the Core Temps in something other than an Aiden slim. Seven colors to pick from, although some have a better size selection than others at post time.
Banana Republic: Extra 60% off Sale Styles
- Slim Corduroy Traveler Chino – $29.99 ($109) multiple colors
- Shawl-Collar Cardigan Sweater – $51.99 ($149)
- Donegal Sweater Hoodie – $33.19 ($109)
- Italian Wool-Blend Waffle-Knit Sweater – $35.19 ($98.50)
- Nyle Suede Lace-Up Oxford – $50.39 ($158)
- Realey Leather Chukka Boot – $56.79 ($178)
Yes, BR again. Because BR is BR and they’re running multiple promotions and it’s all kind of confusing and I couldn’t figure out how to mention them both in the same, uh, mention and it’d just be a messier collage than normal and so many bullet points. SO MANY BULLET POINTS. This is basically end of season clearance, and it looks like they’ve dumped a bunch of new stuff in the sale section. The additional 60% off the already on sale price happens at checkout.
Huckberry: 20% off all GORUCK Made in the USA 1000D + 500D Slicks
- GORUCK GR1 1000D Slick 21L or 26L – $234.98 ($295)
- GORUCK GR1 500D Slick 21L or 26L – $234.98 ($295) (500D = easier on your clothes)
That’s a lot for a backpack. It’s also a lot of backpack. GORUCK is anything but that crappy Jansport you carried in 8th grade. Founded by a former Special Forces Green Beret, GORUCK uses military grade, hard wearing, super top end materials. For crying out loud they created a grueling athletic event around their products. So, they better hold up. Anyway, the “Slick” is just that. Slick. Sleek. Understated. Modern but tough as nails. They don’t go on sale much. But they are now. And it’s 100% understandable if you’re like “No way am I paying $200+ for a day pack.” Some folks will love it, some won’t. And that’s okay. Available in two sizes, and either the super tough 1000 denier CORDURA, or the easier on your clothes 500 denier CORDURA fabric.
J. Crew: 50% off select “Work from wherever” styles w/ SALETIME (exp. 2/26)
- Ludlow Slim-fit knit blazer in Italian wool – $225 ($450)
- Ludlow Slim-fit unstructured suit jacket & trouser in English cotton-wool = $218 total ($436)
- Wallace & Barnes Slim-fit chore blazer in cotton-linen – $75 ($150)
- Court sneakers in leather – $74 ($148) review here
- Stretch Secret Wash shirt in organic cotton – $34.75 ($69.50)
- Stretch Secret Wash cotton poplin shirt in microstripe – $32.25 ($64.50)
- Ludlow Slim-fit Italian Chino suit jacket & Trouser = $228 total ($456)
Last day for this. Quietly, there are some pretty stellar deals in there. Wish they made that knit Italian wool blazer in a classic fit. Some of us just don’t have the frame for a Ludlow.
Also worth a mention:
- EXPRESS: Extra 50% off their clearance section with a bunch of new items added.
- Huckberry: They’ve restocked three colors of their hugely popular, made in the USA trucker jackets.
- Timex: Extra 30% off select on-sale styles w/ EXTRA30
- Nisolo: Their Semi Annual sale is underway, and they just added some new styles to it.