Editor’s Note: Yes we’re posting this today. Until recent years, we’ve usually sat the “Veterans Day” sales out because the term just sounds odd (much like Memorial Day sales). But after hearing from more than a few Vets, our silence has probably been misplaced. Word is even stores on Military bases have Veterans Day sales, so, while much of the world sees November 11th (and the observance around it) as a solemn occasion, here in the States it’s a bit different. Our policy on keeping quiet on Memorial Day won’t change, but for Vets day, we’ve been given the green light from the segment of the readership who has served.
Now then, if you’re a regular civilian (like me!) and want to tip your cap to them? Skip this post, and instead spend some of that style budget on a donation to the USO, the EOD Warrior Foundation, Special Ops Warrior Fund, or another organization dedicated to helping our veterans.
- Highland Skye Jacket with eco-friendly PrimaLoft – $136.40 ($248)
- Dock Peacoat – $163.90 ($298)
- Rugged merino wool-blend marled shawl collar cardigan sweater – $75.90 ($138)
- Wallace & Barnes boiled merino wool chore jacket – $97.90 ($148)
- Ludlow Slim-fit blazer in English wool – $218.90 ($398)
- Double-knit henley – $32.72 ($59.50)
So yes, you have to be logged into a rewards account, but it’s a simple email sign up. It’s not like you’re applying for a credit card or anything. Exclusions? You bet. Lots of exclusions. But that’s J. Crew for you.
- Vintage Soft Slim Sweatpants – $21.57 ($44.95)
- Shaker Cardigan – $38.37 ($79.95)
- Upcycled Lightweight Puffer Jacket – $57.60 ($120)
- Corduroy Shirt in Slim Fit – $28.77 ($59.95)
- Sherpa Lined Jacket – $61.44 ($128)
- Fair Isle Crewneck Sweater – $33.57 ($69.95)
Cord shirts, striped sweats, and sherpa-a-plenty? Gotta hand it to GAP. They’re trying guys. They really are. Code FRIEND is good for 40% off, while FAMILY then takes an additional 20% off that marked down price. Net savings is 52% off.
- Made in Italy Field Chukka Boots – $84.15 ($298)
- Cashmere Cable Knit Hat – $67.15 ($118)
- Cedar Shoe Valet – $67.15 ($128)
Yesterday’s 50% off (!) one regular priced item might be gone, but they’re still churning into and through the weekend with a $100 off $250 offer, as well as some early Black Friday deals. That USA made Shoe Valet kit is always a solid pick. Plus, that 15% off code BC1818 is still running.
- Dyson V10 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum – $349.99 ($499.99)
- Regular Fit Long Sleeve Jersey Henley Shirt – $11.99 ($14.99)
- Stretch Corduroy Trucker Jacket – $31.99 ($39.99)
- Regular Fit Pullover Sweater – $27.99 ($34.99)
- Sweater Fleece Joggers in Dark Heather Gray – $19.99 ($24.99)
- Puffer Jacket – $27.99 ($34.99)
Said it before, and will say it again… the Dyson cordless “animal” series will change your life if you’ve got pets or kids. And MAN they are spendy… even on sale. But again, this is the official vacuum of “inch by inch, life’s a cinch, yard by yard, life is hard.” Quick cleanups with an easy to wield, powerful vacuum. That’s the way my fellas.
- Alpine Weatherproof Cap-toe Boot – $295 ($445)
- Dalton Wingtip Boot in Weatherproof Leathers – $345 ($495)
- Higgins Mill in Weatherproof Leathers – $295 ($445)
- Weatherproof Park City Lace-Up Weatherproof Boot – $275 ($425)
Their weatherproof line really is something. Big fan of the Daltons myself. Shown above is the Alpine Arctic Grip cap toe (a pair of 2nds quality, but the Alpine all the same). Full review over here on that model.
- Billy Reid Bond Peacoat – $486.50 ($695)
- The North Face 1995 Retro Denali Fleece Jacket – $139.30 ($199)
***Bond Peacoat Sale KLAXON*** Just Large and XL left at post time, but… the real deal! Ships and returns for free too.
The folks at Bespoke Post really do a nice job in not just curating stuff for their monthly $45 box of awesome, but for their shop as well. And their holiday gift shop is now open for your browsing needs. Those mini indoor fireplaces are all the rage this year. And $45 is a LOT less than what some other places seem to charge. Probably limited stock though. And please don’t burn your place down. Please? Pretty please? Terrific. Fire extinguishers, guys. They’re a must!
- Slim CORDUROY Traveler Chino – $54.50 ($109)
- Recycled Down Parka – $174 ($348)
- Heritage Luxury Shawl-Collar Cardigan Sweater – $124.50 ($249)
- Unlined Recycled Wool-Blend Car Coat – $184.50 ($369)
- Color-Block Merino Blend Rib Beanie – $24.75 ($49.50)
- Leather & Merino-Blend Gloves – $49.25 ($98.50)
- Recycled Cashmere Beanie – $44.75 ($89.50)
- Birdseye Jacquard Stripe Scarf – $39.75 ($79.50)
Friends and family is still rolling along at Banana Republic, and they’ve got some winter ready new arrivals just in. For those who are big fans of their traveler 5-pockets (and many are), those slim traveler cords look pretty terrific.