Vittorio Russo. Any direct experience? Nope. But for forty bucks, AND free outbound shipping, AND if (key word: if) they’re comparable to the nice quality of their also made in Italy brother brand Mercanti Fiorentini, then the risks seem pretty low.
- Made in Italy Vittorio Russo Cap Toe Oxfords in Dark Brown – $41.98 ($199.99)
- Puma Super Liga OG Retro Sneaker – $35.99 ($59.99)
- Made in Italy Vittorio Russo Wingtips – $41.98 ($199)
- Blake McKay Cap Toe Oxfords – $41.98 ($109) not made in Italy. shown at top of post though.
- Warfield & Grand Valley Chukka – $32.98 ($120) these might run a touch narrow?
- Made in Italy Mercanti Fiorentini Double Monks in Cognac or Black – $34.99 ($159.99)
- New Balance 009 Sneakers – $38.99 ($64.98) but they offer a lot of support.
- Cole Haan Johnson Grand 3.60 Double Monks – $53.98 ($140 – $300)
- Clarks Bushacre 2 – $42.59 ($70.99)
Also… the rest of their site is 40% off.
I mean, what are are we talking about here.
Nothing is risk/cost free in life. But if you’re looking to spin the wheel of weirdly inexpensive shoes, DSW seems to be barking, once again, “Step right up.”
Expect sizes to move pretty fast?
UPDATE: Big thanks to Jason F. who owns the Vittorio Russo cap toes, and had this to say about the quality and fit:
“It’s forty bucks for a pair of shoes I could get away with wearing to a board presentation and not feel worried about them falling apart, squeaking, or looking like they cost $40.
If you’re even considering a pair of dress shoes at that price point my bet is that you’re going to be plenty satisfied (assuming they fit). They do run narrow, so size up a half for regular Joes and a full size if you take an E width normally is my advice. I take a 10.5D in AE’s 65 last and was just barely able to squeeze into a 10.5 for the Russo’s. They are sized similar to Mercanti, which also run a bit on the sleeker side..
I will add that as a positive over Mercanti is the rubbery sole (Mercanti uses a smooth hard sole). Yes it is stitched but it’s going to hold up to the elements and provide some needed grip. These will work as beaters during wet/ugly weather, without me worrying about slipping everywhere or tearing up the bottom. Value!”
Thank you Jason!!