The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below.
#1. Spier & Mackay: 15% off Suits w/ SUITS15
- Navy Wool Suit – $295.80 ($348)
- Light Heather Gray Wool Suit – $295.80 ($348)
- Postal Blue Wool Suit – $295.80 ($348)
- Light Gray Tropical Wool Suit – $295.80 ($348)
Basically a steal alert. The best value in menswear just got even more affordable. Remember, these are half-canvas, well constructed suits with easy to tailor non functioning sleeve cuff buttons. Available in two fits too, either a slim or a more athletic contemporary. First suit or sportcoat purchase ships and returns for free. After that, you’re on the hook for returns. Head here for a review of their slim fit. Contemporary fit review can be found here. Code expires Sunday 5/5.
#2. Suitsupply: Black Tie Tuxedo Package is back – $799 ($1042)
- Tuxedo, Shirt, Bow Tie, & Shoes – $799 (normally $1042)
Suitsupply’s Black Tie package is back, and just in time for wedding season. You pick a tux (either a wool navy shawl collar, wool black peak lapel, or a combination of summer linen/cotton blend options), shirt style, bow tie, shoes, and at checkout it all comes to just under $800. Now, that’s no small amount of money, but it ships and returns for free, it’s nice quality stuff, and it’s gonna save you a ton of time and cash running around trying to assemble the outfit by each individual piece, from scratch. One weirdness? There’s a strange continuity error with the navy tux. It shows some fat lapel option before you start configuring, and once you do get in there and pick your size, they show the more modern, slim lapel as shown above. Also, the black wool peak option is behind the “Mix and Match Black Tie” digital door, which to me implied that only the summer options were back there. But no, the black wool peak is back there too.
#3. Brooks Brothers: Extra 25% off Clearance Items (exp. 5/1)
- Wool/Cotton Italian Knit Blue Plaid Sportcoat – $261.75 ($698)
- Made in the USA Regent Fit Two-Button 1818 Suit –
- Wool/Cotton Italian Knit Regent Fit Mini-Brokenbone Sport Coat – $261.75 ($698)
- Regent Fit Hopsack Sport Coat – $224.10 ($498)
- Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Single Monks –
$201.75$269 ($428) shown at top of post in walnut
- Regent Fit Linen Sport Coat – $224.25 ($598)
Probably could have devoted an entire post to this sale. Couple of knit sportcoat options up there, but some standard wool hopsacks as well. And someone, somewhere, dug up some old Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Warwick single monks?
Now down to $200. Brilliant.
UPDATE: Awwwwwwwww HORSE FEATHERS. There are exclusions here. Because of course they are. The suit isn’t getting the cut, nor are the Allen Edmonds. Still on sale, but not $200. Crap. Sorry guys.
UPDATE II: And now some better news. It looks like BC1818 might stack at checkout for an additional 15% off? Big thanks to John C. for the tip!!
BONUS Massdrop: RE Aviators – $99 FINAL ($219) | Knockaround Sunglasses – $15 FINAL ($25) | Shoe Shine Kit – $55 FINAL ($80)
Well that’s quite the trio from the internet’s “final sale because it’s all pre-sale” emporium. Glad to see that Knockaround changed their logo. The old script one was… odd. Sidenote: No experience with this shoeshine valet. So, tread carefully here.
Also worth a mention…
- Spier & Mackay: Even more new sportcoats and blazers in for pre-order, including a really good looking, super soft shouldered, patch pocket navy wool blazer. Should strike the right balance between timeless and modern, all while avoiding any orphaned-suit jacket look thanks to the patch pockets.
- GAP: 45% off everything w/ THEBEST
- Jack Erwin: Their small leather accessories collection is finally on their site.
- Bloomingdale’s: For those who love high quality chelseas, they’e got a good amount of RM Williams at 25% off, and you might be able to stack an email sign up for an additional 10% off. Big thanks to Brandon D. for the tip!
- J. Crew: 30% off select full price & sale w/ LUCKYOU
- Allen Edmonds: They’re running a factory 2nds flash sale, but I’m honestly not seeing any crazy good prices, especially coming out of the big Anniversary sale on first quality stuff that just ended. Plus, factory 2nds have that disincentivizing $25 restocking fee on returns.