Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Huckberry just launched a new, in-house developed boot brand called “Rhodes.” Made in Portugal, Blake stitched, nice leathers, and an investment price without going bat-crap crazy. Efforting an in-person (and giveaway, since I love you more than you love me) for next week. Four colors. Two cap toes, and two plain toes. Rubber studded sole. Comes with both waxed cotton and leather laces. Ships AND returns for free.
- BR x Kevin Love Slim Italian Wool-Blend Topcoat – $229 ($378) 39% off
- Italian Melton Wool-Blend Bomber Jacket – $179 ($298) 39% off
- “Bili” Jodhpur Buckle Boot – $131.50 ($188) 29% off
Usually BR’s “Up to” events are a bit of a dud, simply because there’s not a lot in that specific promo section that’s all that close to the highest % off. But this time a couple of items, notably that Kevin Love topcoat and those wool blend bombers, are very close to 40% off. And they’re usually excluded. Doesn’t look like there’s anything too new in the sale section that’s an extra 50% off?
All shown above:
- Goodfellow & C0 Canvas Chore Blazer – $34.99
- Goodfellow & C0 Long Sleeve Henley – $14.99
- Goodfellow & C0 Long Sleeve Button-Down Shawl Cardigan – $34.99
Not a deal that’s active now, but still very much worth a mention. Target recently announced that they’re going to do free, totally free, no subscription required, 2-day shipping during the holiday season starting November 1st. This obviously has to be an attempt to combat the giant that is Amazon. It’s brutal out there in the retail wars right now, and this appears to be the next salvo, albeit a temporary holidays-only one.
- Wool Blend Top Coat – $138.60 w/ NEWTHINGS ($198)
- Nylon/Lambswool Shawl-collar Sweater ($54.50) + Nylon/Lambswool Nordic Dot Cardigan ($79.50) = $93.80 w/ NEWTHINGS ($134)
- Nylon/Lambswool Shawl-collar Sweater ($54.50) + Nylon/Lambswool Fair Aisle Sweater ($74.50) = $90.30 w/ NEWTHINGS ($129)
JCF’s relative quality seems to be all over the place this season. Gone are the 100% Merino Wool basic v-neck and crew sweaters, and they’ve been replaced with a cotton/poly/merino blend. So you gotta pick and choose here. A bunch of new arrivals just dropped, with a 30% off $100+ code (JCF also seems to be getting a bit less generous with codes and promos) and some of it has potential. Lambswool/Nylon is a common blend, and it usually ends up quite soft and nice. But these are Nylon/Lambswool. Nylon first. I have no idea how those’ll shake down. Suiting and blazers are, of course, excluded from the code.
UPDATE: So despite it clearly saying on the product page that the topcoat should be up for the 30% off $100+ code, at checkout it says it’s excluded. If your heart is set on it, I’d do a chat or call J Crew CS. They usually honor it if it says it’s good to go on the product page.
The Pick: Non Iron Pinpoint Dress Shirt – $27.30 ($39)
I’m more of a Goodthreads guy myself, but Amazon’s other men’s in-house brand Buttoned Down makes nice basics for a good price (as long as you have Prime) and a lot of their stock is marked down. And no, they don’t make JUST button down collar shirts. In fact, those Non Iron Pinpoints come in three different collar styles. Head here for a review of their dress shirts. Big thanks to Tim for the tip!
- Melton Wool Blend Coat – $176.99 ($295)
- 1901 Jasp© Long Sleeve Regular Fit Henley – $32.98 ($55)
- Made in the USA Mizzen + Main Performance Henley – $32.98 ($55)
- Made in the USA Mizzen + Main (also performance?) Henley – $32.98 ($55)
- Herschel Novel Duffel Bag – $60 ($85)
- Cole Haan Canvas Duffel Bag – $178.80 ($298)
- John W. Nordstrom Trento Double Monk – $119.98 ($195) limited sizes
It’s been a while since Nordstrom’s sale section got a glance, and they’ve been sending out promo emails as of late highlighting it. But I can’t tell if this is actually new stuff and/or new markdowns? Or if they’re just promoting their sale section just to promote it? Some decent prices for sure. And as always, everything ships and returns for free.
Also worth a mention:
- Lands’ End: 40% off full priced coats and jackets w/ &
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off Sale Items.
- HauteLook: They’re running a limited selection sale of Nordstrom house brand (1901, calibrate, etc.) clothes and some shoes.
- Bonobos: New Items added to sale, and you should be able to use the 20% off code ECLIPSE20 on ’em.
- J. Crew: 30% off select w/ CHILL but there are a ton of exclusions. Oddly not excluded, and for the first time up for a code, their new Oar Stripe weekender bags are getting this cut.