Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Spier & Mackay: 15% off all Suits (even sale) w/ SUITS15
- Medium Gray Suit in Contemporary or Slim Fit – $278.80 ($328)
- Vitale Barberis Blue Sharkskin Suit in Contemporary or Slim Fit – $338.30 ($385)
- Charcoal Suit in Contemporary or Slim Fit – $278.80 ($328)
Absolutely love Spier & Mackay… except for one thing. Their stock seems to be always scattered. They get suits in, and… BANG… they’re down to odd sizes. That’s not the case across the entire board this time, but good luck finding a suit that’s got a full range of sizes, say, if you happen to be a friendly neighborhood affordable style website editor trying to point out some good options for your readership at large. That said, nice wool fabrics, half-canvas construction, two fit options, and the prices are nice BEFORE any sort of promotion. So 15% off is happily appreciated. Here’s how their contemporary (read: Athletic) fit fits, and here’s how the slim fit fits.
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale Starts TOMORROW
- Nordstrom EXTRA Trim Fit Dress Shirts – $29.90 ($39)
- Good Man Brand Wool Blend Knit Blazer in Navy or Black – $265.90 ($398)
- 1901 Brooks Chelsea Boot – $79.90 ($125)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Wedge Boot – $283.90 ($425)
- Nordstrom Trim Fit Sharkskin Wool Suit – $299.90 ($499)
For the general public that is. Last day for early access (you need to be a Nordstrom cardmember) is today. Virtual and Brick & Mortar doors are thrown open to those of us non-cardharders tomorrow. Picks above are just a few more items to peruse in case you want to window-shop ahead of time and/or you happen to be a card holder. And yes, we’ll have a full wrap up/best bets post for you guys tomorrow (currently going through all 2,000+ items). Since it’s Nordstrom, everything ships and returns for free.
Suitsupply: Outlet is still open (and was restocked?)
Code is FINALSALE for access, and as you’d expect, everything is final sale. Looks like there’s quite a few heavily marked down styles of shoes left? Maybe because people can’t find them? Navigating to the shoe section isn’t super obvious. It’s not listed as a section that you can click on after you enter the FINALSALE code and you’re granted access. But there they are, in the menu bar, if you look close enough after you’ve selected another category and thus, can see the menu bar. Also… seemed like they restocked some of the suits and jackets on day 2. So it might be worth another spin around their outlet before it closes.
Bonobos: 40% off Foundation Suits w/ FOUNDATION
- Foundation Italian Wool Suit in Light Grey – $336 ($700)
- Foundation Italian Wool Suit in Navy – $336 ($700)
- Foundation Italian Wool Suit in Medium Grey – $336 ($700)
- Foundation Italian Wool Suit in Charcoal – $336 ($700)
- Foundation Italian Wool Suit in Bright Navy – $360 ($750)
Huge thanks to Andrew C. for sending in the style tip on this one. I’m pretty sure that these are fused (despite the full retail price of $700 – $750.) But it looks like Bonobos is clearing out these foundation, base-line suits, and are serious about moving this product. Nice Italian wools, three fits (slim, standard, athletic) and easy to tailor non-functioning sleeve cuff buttons. You will need to have the pants hemmed, since all trousers come with an unfinished 37″ inseam.
Massdrop: Seiko Sea Urchin – $129.99 FINAL | Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope Watch – $1,399.99 FINAL
Two very different watches, two very different price points. Note that the Seiko, while a nice desk diver, is only rated to 100m water resistance. You can also get them for just about the same price at 3rd party retailers. Meanwhile, the Junghans is a German made automatic chrono that’s based on the Valjoux 7750 chronograph movement. And it costs more than 10x as much as the Seiko. Gotta love the watch industry, no?
BONUS TheTieBar: 50% off Select items Flash Sale
- Stein Check Tie in Royal Blue – $9.50 ($19)
- Ballard Plaid Pocket Square – $5 ($10)
- Navy Saloon Plaid Pocket Square – $5 ($10)
Oh it feels like a clearance all right, but there’s a few needles in that haystack. Or diamonds in that rough. Or… you get the idea. Many thanks to Brandon D. for the tip!
Also worth a mention:
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off sale styles. No code needed.
- Orient: Their Mako II (not the USA, just the regular Mako) drops to $130 w/ SUMMERMAKO
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 50% off Clearance w/ EXTRA50
- Massdrop: Allen Edmonds exclusive chukkas are still up for grabs. Final sale though.
- J. Crew: 30% off select “dressed up picks” w/ THURSDAY (expires 7/19 of course.)