The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below.
#1. Brooks Brothers: Extra 25% off Select Clearance
- Strand Cap Toe Oxfords – $201.75 ($428)
- Fifth Avenue Cap Toe Oxfords – $201.75 ($428)
- McAllister Wingtips – $201.75 ($428) (in burgundy no less)
- Macneil Wingtip Bluchers – $201.75 ($428)
- Tie Driving Moccasins – $94.50 ($168)
- Buffalo Soft Briefcase – $194.40 ($648)
- Framed Stripe Knit Tie – $35.77 ($79.50)
Again? Apparently again. And from what I can tell thanks to tips from recent buyers, these still appear to be Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers stock. That stock has to be dwindling, being that BB appears to have moved to an Italian shoemaker for their in-house line of shoes. Do know that with the poron insole, there’s a little less volume inside of the shoe. So that could affect how they fit for some. I know, I know, it’s weird that some of those shoes DON’T say that Allen Edmonds makes them. Yet they’re Goodyear welted and made in the USA. If it’s not AE, then who is it? And if it’s Acme Shoe Company in Peoria (or somewhere else), than isn’t it still a pretty solid deal at two bills? Meanwhile, there’s plenty of apparel and accessories getting the extra 20% off cut too. Like that outstanding looking soft Buffalo leather briefcase.
#2. Massdrop: Spinnaker Auto – $149 FINAL |
Glycine Moonphase Auto – $399 FINAL
Massdrop has been on a bit of a roll lately, and they’re currently offering two tempting automatic movement driven watches. No experience with the Spinnaker brand, but the price point is tempting and nicely entry level. Meanwhile, there’s the Glycine moonphase. Big fan of that one. Note that the images above are NOT to scale. In fact, the Spinnaker is bigger than the Glycine. Spinnaker checks in at 43mm, while the Glycine is a more classic 40mm.
UPDATE: Looks like the Glycine Moonphase drop has expired. But it does now look like the Orient Mako II has dropped to $129.99. Those usually run $145 via Amazon.
#3. GAP: Up to 50% off + Extra 20% off & free Ship w/ PARTY
- Wearlight Khakis in Slim or Straight Fit with GapFlex – $33.60 ($59.95)
- Elastic Braided Belt or Chino Web Belt – $19.80 ($29.95)
- Basic Belts in Brown, Black, or Light Brown – $25.60 ($39.95)
- Slim Fit 55% Linen / 45% Cotton Chinos – $44.80 ($69.95)
- 10″ Chino Shorts in 55% Linen / 45% Cotton – $24 ($49.95)
It’s the “up to” distinction that’s key here. So the site’s not half off, some of it is, a few items may be, but much of it isn’t. That said, free shipping no minimum is a nice bonus if you’re the type who shops for one piece at a time.
BONUS: Massdrop A.E. Factory 2nds Chukkas – $179.99 FINAL
Got that? It’s a drop for 2nds quality AE chukkas. Full review of the first quality can be found here. Final sale of course, so it’s a big risk. You just won’t know what makes them “seconds” quality until they show up.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 40% off clearance w/ SUNNY
- Todd Snyder: 30% off $100+ with a single use code found in snail-mail catalogs. Exclusions apply of course.
- Bonobos: Code BLUEMOON is still working for 20% off sitewide.
- Lands’ End: 50% off 1 item w/ BREEZE and 6024