Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Slim or Cont. Fit Half Canvas 100% Merino Moon Mills Tweed in Grey, Navy, or Brown – $326ish USD
- Slim or Cont. Fit Unstructred Brisbane Mos Cotton Moleskin in Navy or “Lovat” – $260ish USD
Spier & Mackay has been on a ROLL lately. Sweaters, new outerwear, and now? Some extremely tempting looking, 1/4 butterfly lined fall fabric sportcoats. Got one on the way for an in-person look. Expect it to show up in our annual best fall sportcoats/blazers round up in the not too overly distant future. Remember, Spier & Mackay pricing is in Canadian Dollars on their site, so, prepare to convert if you’re here in the US. Also, they’ll cover the return shipping if it’s your first suit or sportcoat purchase.
- USA Made Garment Dyed Henley ($59.50) + Lambswool Bomber Jacket ($115) + USA Made Garment Dyed Jeans ($125) = $209.65 ($299.50)
- Secret Wash Shirt in Tattersall ($59.50) + Cotton-wool Crewneck Sweater ($69.50) + 1040 Athletic-fit Chino Pant in Garment-dyed Canvas ($75) = $142.80 ($204)
- Chore Jacket in Italian Merino Wool ($148) + Slim Overdyed Oxford Shirt in Check ($64.50) + 770 Straight-fit Jean in Riverton Wash ($98) = $217.35 ($310.50)
Lots of new arrivals have come into J. Crew, so, let’s build some outfits above to maximize the discount. Usual exclusions seem to apply. Shoes are out, as are most sportcoats and blazers (except for the corduroy sportcoats). Code expires today, 9/14/17.
UPDATE: And just like that, J. Crew has dropped a new code that doesn’t require multi-buys. Tons of exclusions though. FRIDAY gets you 30% off select merchandise. Much of the above picks happen to be included.
- 100% Merino Wool Henley – $41.97 $69.95)
- Quilted Jacket – $47.97 ($79.95)
- Classic Mac Jacket – $78 ($130)
- Wool/Nylon Rugby Stripe Crewneck Sweater – $35.97 ($59.95)
Some usual exclusions apply (leather apparel and accessories, so, no belts, as well as jeans), but there’s plenty to be had here if you’re looking for fall basics and are wanting to stock up. Also… who knew that GAP was making an all merino wool henley?!?
- 60% Cotton, 30% Nylon, 10% Virgin Wool Shawl-Collar Sweater – $38.99 ($64.99)
- 100% Cotton Shawl-Collar Cardigan Sweater – $44.99 ($74.99)
- Slim-Fit Pique Cotton Blazer – $68.39 ($189.99)
Full disclosure… I don’t shop BR Factory that often (pretty happy with mainline Banana Republic stuff myself) and there is a noticeable difference in the fabrics that they use. (More synthetic blends… 60% other?!?) But, it’s noticeably less expensive too. Note that cardmembers can knock another 10% off with the code BRCARD. And also note that unlike the main GAP brands, return shipping through the mail is gonna cost you. $5.95 to be exact.
The Pick: Horween Briefcase in Nut Dublin Brown – $219 ($249)
Prefunding for these things closes in two days, so, now’s the time if you’re gonna get in on it. Made in the USA from Horween leathers. Looks like the CXL #8 option has already filled up? No exterior branding this time around, and a lowered price from what they’ve been most recently selling them at ($249).
BONUS Massdrop: Orient Ray II Automatic – $139.99 FINAL
That’s one heck of a price for a hacking, hand winding, 200m water resistant diver from Orient. Final sale though, as always. Blue or black. Up to you. Huge thanks to Brandon D. for sending in the style tip!
Also worth a mention:
- Huckberry: They’re running a Wolverine Event. Not huge discounts, but, there’s some savings there.
- Massdrop: They’re offering the slick, Hamilton Intra-Matic for $599… BUT (and it’s a big but) Jomashop has em’ for $579, and they’re not final sale there? What gives Massdrop?
- Lands’ End: 30% off reg. priced items w/ MAPLE and 5053