Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Amazon: “Goodthreads” OCBDs & Casual Shirts – $25.00
- Goodthreads Slim-Fit Long-Sleeve Solid Oxford Shirt – $25
- Goodthreads Slim-Fit Long-Sleeve Striped Oxford Shirt – $25
- Goodthreads Regular-Fit Long-Sleeve Solid Oxford Shirt – $25
- Goodthreads Regular-Fit Long-Sleeve Striped Oxford Shirt – $25
Wait, what? Amazon is now making (and selling) casual poplins and oxford cloth button downs? Know that like their “Buttoned Down” dress shirts, these “Goodthreads” shirts are only available to Prime members. Interesting business strategy there. Anyway, $25 for an OCBD, in either slim or regular fit, with fast shipping? Not bad. Got a couple on the way for a review, so standby for that. Note that not all of these things have button down collars. Just the oxford cloth numbers. The chambray and washed poplins seem to NOT have button down collars. Big thanks to Patrick R. for the tip!
Banana Republic: 40% off your purchase of $200+ (few exclusions?)
- Italian Wool Water Resistant Mac – $178.80 ($298)
- TWO Pairs of Slim Rapid Movement Denim – $141.60, or $70.80 per pair ($236)
- TWO Pairs of Slim Traveler Jeans – $141.60, or $70.80 per pair ($236)
- Slim, Partially Lined, Wool/Linen Sportcoat – $150 ($250)
- Classic Trench in Khaki or Navy – $150 ($250)
The bad news? You have to eclipse two hundred bucks to take advantage. The good news is that there seems to be few exclusions this time around. And that water resistant, Italian wool mac? Wow. Meanwhile, it looks like the Rapid Movement denim might look and feel a little closer to the Bonobos Jetsetter jean. Meaning: A little less stretch, but more denim looking. Some (not all of us) think traveler denim can look a little too… “perfect.” It doesn’t have the structure of normal jeans. A little too liquid. I don’t feel that way myself, but, BR is betting that enough would like something somewhere between a regular jean and their traveler denim. Still just slim fits though. No straight.
C. Tyrwhitt: 5 Shirts for $165 ($33 per) + Free Shipping at: ctshirts.com/usnb33
Got that? It’s one of those CT shirt deals that requires you to head to a specific url. And that url is: ctshirts.com/usnb33. Big thanks to John A. for the heads up. Not sure how long this deal will last (they say it expires on 1/31/18, but, we’ll see) and it requires quite a bulk buy… buy if you swear by Charles Tyrwhitt shirts? And want to stock up for relatively cheap? $33 a pop ain’t half bad at all.
Todd Snyder: New Military Timex Released
The Obvious Pick: Todd Snyder Military Timex $138
Big fan of Todd Snyder, but… is this not starting to feel a little (or a lot) like the over priced J. Crew Timex collaborations from years past? Or… of current times? Don’t get me wrong. Nice looking watch. But there’s no super thick, Red Wing boot-leather strap here. Water resistance is just 50m. Crystal is mineral. Again, it looks nice, but there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Which you can’t really say about the Mod watch. But hell, what do I know. Nothing. The answer is I. Know. Nothing. Man I miss the Bulova 96A102.
Bonobos: New Arrivals + 20% off for New Customers w/ GETSTARTED20
- The Jetsetter Unconstructed Blazer – $400
- The Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer in Navy Windowpane – $450
- The Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer in Beige – $400
- Cotton Wool Shawl Collar Cardigan – $158
- Cotton/Linen Henley – $98
Look. It’s Bonobos. So… from the jump, the prices are not surprisingly wince-worthy for a lot of us (like $98 for a henley… yikes). BUT… it is early. And some of you are huge fans of their fits and styling. So be aware that they’re rolling out their spring lineup. Of particular note? Their unconstructed wool blazers are something else. And they’ve expanded into the flap-pocket, Jet setter line. At least with that light blue number on the left up above.
FRIDAY UPDATE: Looks Like Bonobos is trying to clear their sale section out. They’ve launched an extra 40% final sale tops/bottoms code: HEADTOTOE which expires on Sunday.
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew: 25% off select or 30% off select purchase of $150+ w/ HEARTYOU plus free shipping no min today only (2/9.)
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 30% off w/ TAKE30OFF. Suiting is excluded of course.
- Lands’ End: 30% off 1 reg. priced item w/ OFF30 and PIN 9055