The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity.
- Bensol Trim Wool Blazer – $147.49 ($295)
- Bonobos Slim Fit Bedford Pants – $68.98 ($138)
- LBM 1911 Sportcoat in Olive/White – $424.98 ($850)
- Calibrate Cusano Double Monks in Burgundy or Suede – $64.98 ($130)
- Bonobos Tailored Fit or Straight Fit Washed Chinos – $43.98 ($88)
- J.W. Nordstrom Creased Wool Chinos – $49.49 ($99)
- Nordstrom Smart Care Slim 100% Cotton Chinos – $34.75 ($69.50)
Not everything in their half-yearly sale (which ended on 1/2) got extra discounts. Far from it. But… some of those items that hit the sweet spot between price and quality while combining solid aesthetics are now priced even lower. Sizing can be a bit scattered depending on the item. This is the second round of pricing cuts on a winter clearance after all. But under $150 for that all wool, partially lined sportcoat from Bensol? Or $65 those double monks from the Nordy house brand Calibrate? Gonna be tough to beat.
- Donegal Wool Mockneck – $89.99 ($198)
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Leather Pacer Boots – $137.40 ($248) update: Looks like these disappeared? It was only the chestnut color that was up for the sale. Maybe check back tomorrow for a re stock? Can’t imagine they sold out that quick. had lots of sizes left at post time.
- Cotton/Wool Elbow Patch Button Down – $47.99 ($98)
- Wool Tie in Blackwatch – $23.99 ($59.50)
- Ludlow Fit Italian Flannel Suit Jacket & Pant – $390 ($650)
- Crosby Fit American Wool Glen Plaid Suit Jacket & Pant – $390 ($650)
- SLIM Merino Cardigan – $53.70 ($89.50) Shown at top of post
The sale section has seen a good bunch of new additions since the turn of the calendar, and those Goodyear Welted Leather Pacer boots should end up being a solid deal now that they’re under $140. There’s also a limited section of regular price stuff getting the 40% off cut. But a good chunk of that section has been decimated in terms of sizes and colors. It’s clearance time/late in the retail season, so, that’s not too unexpected.
- Dalton Wingtip Bootts – $345 ($445)
- Carlyle Plain Toe Oxford – $295 ($395)
- Strand – $295 ($395)
- Cornwallis – $295 ($395)
- McAllister w/ Combination Tap Sole – $295 ($395 )
- Dundee 2.0 in Snuff Suede – $277 ($395)
The clearance section has been picked over pretty well (the Dundee 2.0 in Snuff is still kicking about), but it’s still nice to see AE bringing back the $100 off their Bourbon line offer.
- 100% Merino Wool Ribbed Crew – $56.99 ($139)
- Wool Topcoat – $185.99 ($449)
- Slim fit 5 Pocket Donegal Herringbone Twill Pants – $50.99 ($119)
Bye bye Canvas? Could this signal a possible end to LE’s short attempt to reintroduce their slimmer, more fashion forward line? Look, some of the pieces were straight up strange. And the high retail prices (and until recently, lack of applicable codes on the Canvas goods) didn’t seem to fit with the rest of the LE brand. But now, it’s blowout time. And be sure to check the Canvas event on Hautelook before you complete your purchase. Some of these items are doubled up over there, for just a little more off. Big thanks to reader DapperTexan for the tip!